Mulab 8:This is by far the best timestretch algo of all DAWs!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DocSnyder wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:27 pm No, not british :D I only don't get why I should hype it now. I heard the examples, but didn't test it on my own with many sources. If it satifies your needs, cool.
No problem... :D
Of course many people do not have much use for timestretching, but for all types of electronic music it´s quite essential especially at extreme settings for fx sounds, transitions etc...

I wasn’t expecting much from the demos. Now I have to buy yet another DAW. :x
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Stupid question. I still use fl studio as my primary daw. Can i load somehow mulab as vst or something? in it and drag and drop processed loops etc into fl studio?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

the audio sequencer stretching seems to use a lot more cpu for me.
is it the same for anyone else? just curious. either way its impressive

Trancit wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:19 pmOn firefox... no chance...
I opened the link in Microsoft Edge there it worked...
I'm on Firefox (Waterfox) and it works just fine.

i dont get it, i stretchd (HOLD ALT) the sample but it doesnt get played until the end.
i also moved the LOOP symbol to the end and it doesnt play more than the first section.... i dont get why daws besides fl studio always need extra clicks :P

i know im impatient but come on, it shows already looping at the end of teh sample and it does only play the first bit...

https://i.imgur.com/Mhu83vn.gifv

EDIT
i figured it out you have to also get back to the Compose view, this is fiddly.... but the downside is if you play back it isnt in realtime, click with the mouse in the middle while playing the stretched audio and it stops the sound. bad
Last edited by Caine123 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Trancit wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:03 pm That´s what I find the most impressive part too...
The transients are very clear and this classic stretch rattle is not present at all... the stretched version sounds really still like a drum/perc hit and not like some weird granular synthesis...
Yeah, how it deals with transients is really impressive. That's where I'm noticing most other timestretching algorithms falling apart. Reason's comes very close with the vocal example, but nowhere near as good with the percussion loop.

bbreakz wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:10 pm the audio sequencer stretching seems to use a lot more cpu for me.
is it the same for anyone else? just curious. either way its impressive
It´s mentioned in the docs that the spectral mode takes more CPU especially when pitching up...
Understandable in regards of the quality...

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:16 pm
What is Waterfox???
Perhaps I have to delete the browser cache to make it work ... anyway I listened to them... 8)

Test of ircam algo original 200%, 300%, 400%.Imo transient and timbre is good.

https://soundcloud.com/roar-of-the-moon ... 00-300-400
peace and love for all.

Grodada wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:07 am Test of ircam algo original 200%, 300%, 400%.Imo transient and timbre is good.

https://soundcloud.com/roar-of-the-moon ... 00-300-400
someone send this sample through mulab, I would love to see how this compares.

Trancit wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:16 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:16 pm
What is Waterfox???
Perhaps I have to delete the browser cache to make it work ... anyway I listened to them... 8)
There's this thing called Google, use it :)

Grodada wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:07 am Test of ircam algo original 200%, 300%, 400%.Imo transient and timbre is good.
Seriously...?
SeeingInMidi wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:57 am ...someone send this sample through mulab, I would love to see how this compares.
Here you go... another good example either how good the algo is or how laughable the others...

Original then 200%, 300%, 400% always first ircam then Mulab

https://soundcloud.com/trancit01/new-compwav/s-lRoNv

What a difference... :hihi:

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:59 am ...
There's this thing called Google, use it :)
Yes I know... man are lazy... :D

Caine123 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:04 pm Stupid question. I still use fl studio as my primary daw. Can i load somehow mulab as vst or something? in it and drag and drop processed loops etc into fl studio?
New to this app, but as far as i can see, we can't drag n drop between them.
I think the best way is to add your Mulab folder as a FL search folder.
Then you can just hover over the sound in FL browser, and push down on mouse wheel, to open it in selected channel.

Can't even set Mulab as a deault audio editor like i can with SF

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”