Cubase update 10.0.20 is out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NVidia are known for releasing unstable drivers, I've learned a long time ago that the latest NVidia driver is not always the best one. I'm still using 399.24 which works good on my GTX1060 and since I'm not a gamer I have no need for the latest 'features' and 'optimizations'. If it ain't broken, don't fix it :hihi:

Reefius wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:53 am NVidia are known for releasing unstable drivers, I've learned a long time ago that the latest NVidia driver is not always the best one. I'm still using 399.24 which works good on my GTX1060 and since I'm not a gamer I have no need for the latest 'features' and 'optimizations'. If it ain't broken, don't fix it :hihi:
Perhaps, but 10.0.15 worked just fine on the very same driver.

Besides, how taxing and complex can drawing a DAW be? It's not a raytraced 3D action game! It should be using the most basic libraries & APIs... Besides, both Bitwig & Reason work just fine and arguably the former has a much more elaborate, dynamic GUI...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I have a different problem after updating Slate Digital VMR. The VST2 version is blacklisted and cannot be reactivated. VST3 is working without problem. Unfortunately there is no log which gives an idea why a plugin is on the blacklist?

Here's something quite irritating introduced with this version: with record on from Key Editor ANY change of focus, even switching parts in that editor means an interruption of the audio engine. IDIOTIC. I sure hope they don't botch Nuendo like this in future. No way would I buy this until they fix it.

And today in an absolute mystery it quit doing that. :scared:

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:26 am Welp! :(

The 10.0.2 experience for me started with a crash - even with an empty project when I tried to drag the divider between panels (sequencer, inspector, editor, media bay) it would freeze and then crash every time. I forced Cubase to use embedded GPU instead of 1050Ti and it works now, but it worked on NVidia before the update and there was no driver update recently, so that's on Cubase.

Also, when I used native Compressor plugin and clicked "Live" beneath the transfer curve display it crashed, but I've no idea if it would in previous version, because I never used it before. Have to investigate more...

So, not happy with this. Never had crashes with other DAWs by themselves, very very occasionally when using plugins (always legit copies), but now I got 4 on the same day with basically empty project. Not very confident in this update right now :(
very strange.. you said to me no issues. i bought the update, several days ago. no real problems (the latency panel, the number, is wrongly placed, not readable, you see it halve; the top, but the menu, or unfold button works...).
no crashes. i feel that GUI is somewhat slower than cubase 9.5 perhaps, also nvidia related..
and no crashes; not cubase related...

it is always unpredictable. too many variables. good luck! hope that nvidia release new drivers, it can be nvida. it can be cubase.. or you say no version difference. something wrong in cubase. o well, they have time for many maintenance updates.. and i think a .5 is most of the times, the most stable, but that is just a feeling.

sorry to hear that have issues. i have by the way a gtx1060 6 gb.. no problems with crashing.

EDIT: i tried do the things you do, no crashes. i am on win 7 pro 64 bits, by the way. going, when i am in the mood, to win 10 pro, eventually....

EDIT 2: there where more replies, while i was writing this.

yes the latest version of the nvidia drivers isn't always the best... i have, i think, the latest one. a week ago, or so.. every version performed well. which is the best for your (or mine...) system, that recquires testing. i am tired of testing, so many bug reporting...

One thing that's becoming intolerable is it won't remember my project window toolbar, relaunch the project and it's reset to its default. 8 things have to be changed AGAIN in Setup Toolbar. Recalls Key Editor Toolbar no problem.

Another, which may be something I don't get about Mojave OS (tending to doubt it at this point) is suddenly out of the blue 'Sample Rate has changed'.
That's death to workflow, interrupted with that shit.

I'm on day 26 of the 30 day trial, I hope Nuendo 10 isn't going to reproduce these problems. I'm not going for this.

WasteLand wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:53 amvery strange.. you said to me no issues.
Read my initial replies - I only said it's pretty big update for a 0.0.05 increment and that every DAW has some issues. This was before I too upgraded to 10.0.2.

Initially, I had some problems with it and had to force embedded GPU for it to work, but few days ago NVidia drivers were updated for some game that just came out, I checked it now and works on 1050Ti as well.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Reefius wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:53 am NVidia are known for releasing unstable drivers
Not really...

Nuendo 8.3.2 pulling the same kind of shit, reverting to default behavior of windows. very irritating.
also unpredicatable. Time to trash preferences again.

gotta love the Nuendo trial informing me on an mp3, 'No more Encodings, go to the shop' (on the very first one) and renders it no problem. and continues to subsequently. It's kind of like phishing

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”