Cubase, Max and Rewire I/O

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I only have a few more days until trial runs out for Cubase so asking here before that happens.... :)

I want to send audio to Cubase (from Max 8) and record the output in Cubase. I assume I need to create a Rewire channel (which I've done) and an Audio track to accept the Audio input as well as record the output.

I can hear my Max patch when I turn it on so I'm pretty sure my Rewire channel is configured correctly. I think it's the separate Audio track that I can't figure out how to configure but not 100% on that. I attached a screenshot to help out as I might not be coming across very clear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ableton Live 10 / Push

Did you do it according to this doc:
https://cycling74.com/tutorials/rewire- ... -your-host
?
If you hear max does not necessarily mean you hear it through Cubase...
Are you using ad_rewire instead of core audio?
I can‘t tell much about Cubase, don‘t use it myself...

Yes, I used that document. I"m able to do this with Ableton so I know it's something I am not configuring correctly. Yes, using ad_rewire.
If you hear max does not necessarily mean you hear it through Cubase...
Even if the Cubase meters are responding, when I adjust the volume level? I'm kind of liking this DAW so far though. I'll keep working at it.
Ableton Live 10 / Push

*edit: Looks like there is a config issue or a bug in the latest version of Max 8 and Rewire so that could be an issue...I submitted a ticket... I probably just need to wait it out for now...could be the reason I'm not seeing any I/O for Rewire in Studio One as well.....time to focus on something else.
Ableton Live 10 / Push

I had this same issue with Reaper, and Cycling says this is apparently a bug introduced in 8.0.4.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”