How's Reason 10.3 beta going?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah I mean, I never really had an issue with RE performance in the first place. Always thought the native (and PH branded REs) were really well optimised for the environment. Still, I do believe they're on record as saying we can expect some minor improvement here as a result of the changes they've made. It certainly feels like it, and others are reporting it too so *shrugs* who knows!
Insert something profound/blatant self promotion/DAW specs here.

chimp_spanner wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:26 pmStill, I do believe they're on record as saying we can expect some minor improvement here as a result of the changes they've made. It certainly feels like it, and others are reporting it too so *shrugs* who knows!
Same settings, same loop, the project uses almost all native devices, several REs (Parsec, The Legend, FM4, Synchronous, Polar, Fat Space, GQ-7, Distillery) and Phoscyon VST:

Guess which one is which? ;)

Not only is it performing better (even with -5% lower CPU clock), but it's also much more stable :o :clap: :party:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:42 pm
chimp_spanner wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:26 pmStill, I do believe they're on record as saying we can expect some minor improvement here as a result of the changes they've made. It certainly feels like it, and others are reporting it too so *shrugs* who knows!
Same settings, same loop, the project uses almost all native devices, several REs (Parsec, The Legend, FM4, Synchronous, Polar, Fat Space, GQ-7, Distillery) and Phoscyon VST:

Guess which one is which? ;)

Not only is it performing better (even with -5% lower CPU clock), but it's also much more stable :o :clap: :party:
Wow! I'll admit, I've been neglecting testing REs because I'm so caught up with VST performance, but this is fantastic. Thanks for sharing :)

Who hoo! I got an invite :hyper:

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:49 pm Who hoo! I got an invite :hyper:
You see! Santa didn't forget you after all...
Sweet child in time...

I'm confused, isn't there a forum for beta testers and where is the what's new? Hope I'm not violating NDA, thanks.

PM me if you know ;)

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:13 pm I'm confused, isn't there a forum for beta testers and where is the what's new? Hope I'm not violating NDA, thanks.

PM me if you know ;)
10.3 has always been ONLY about performance upgrade, so there's nothing "new" added.
Music tech enthusiast

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:13 pm I'm confused, isn't there a forum for beta testers and where is the what's new? Hope I'm not violating NDA, thanks.

PM me if you know ;)
Well we're in the non-logging phase. And the performance increases were set out in % waaay back in that CM article. So we're pretty much just confirming it at this point :) Of course I'm still personally holding off on videos and the like until it drops. Hey that's another thing I'll be able to do - screen cap my bigger projects! Wooooooo.

The bars seem about the same. It's weird because if I just load a big project it can seem at times like it's lighter but then all of the sudden it's the same.

I dunno, wasn't expecting miracles.

However my controversial post I made about the cracking seems to have at least improved (just the facts, no need to shoot the messenger!!!!!!! )

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:04 pm The bars seem about the same. It's weird because if I just load a big project it can seem at times like it's lighter but then all of the sudden it's the same.

I dunno, wasn't expecting miracles.

However my controversial post I made about the cracking seems to have at least improved (just the facts, no need to shoot the messenger!!!!!!! )
Definitely on non logging? Also just to clarify, you’ll see the most improvement above 64 samples. Aaaalso try with hyperthreading off (if it’s on).

Disabling hyperthreading made all the difference on my machine...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm more curious about seeing a comparative CPU test taking multiple instances of one VST instrument, same settings, same audio buffers ect and comparing it to Studio One 4.14. I imagine that there would be many curious as how they compare at this juncture.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:19 am...comparing it to Studio One 4.14. I imagine that there would be many curious as how they compare at this juncture.
I believe I already explained to you why you shouldn't compare Reason (or Bitwit, or Live) with Studio One (or Reaper, or Cubase) in terms of VST performance?

viewtopic.php?p=7356061#p7356061
Music tech enthusiast

win10, AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 32GB RAM, Roland Duo-Capture EX 288 samples
Spire factory3 PL Anjuna Pluck (one bar one C note)

Studio One 4.14. 99 instances
Bitwig 2.5.1r4 81 instances
Reason 10.3b9d72 44 instances
Ableton Live 10.06 43 instances
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:47 am win10, AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 32GB RAM, Roland Duo-Capture EX 288 samples
Spire factory3 PL Anjuna Pluck (one bar one C note)

Studio One 4.14. 99 instances
Bitwig 2.5.1r4 81 instances
Reason 10.3b9d72 44 instances
Ableton Live 10.06 43 instances
Your Bitwig is broken ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”