How's Reason 10.3 beta going?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chimp_spanner wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:48 am That’s weird - I’ve only ever had that problem when using the built in sound chip, where my DAW has exclusive access to the audio driver. Shouldn’t happen with an ASIO interface. Which do you have?
I have the AudioFuse from Arturia, but haven't heard of anyone having the same problems. I have tried different USB ports, both 2.0 and 3.0. I have made sure nothing has exclusive rights to my DAW, and I have an i7-4930K (6 cores running at 4GHz. Even tried stock speeds with no change). Also have SSDs hosting my OS and applications. It doesn't matter how many samples (tried up tp 1024).

My old Roland QUAD something with drivers from 2014 or something worked without no problem.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Does it happen if the video is playing and then you launch your DAW? What about launching the DAW and then playing a video? If the former, my guess would be that your DAW is changing the sample rate, and most web video players don't adapt well to that, so they just go silent (and usually will come back if you refresh or reload the video). That's my best guess I'm afraid!
Insert something profound/blatant self promotion/DAW specs here.

It doesn't matter in which order I start the DAW and (for instance) a YouTube video, so it's not a matter of one or the other taking over the the audio interface. I have also checked so that the sample rate is 44.1kHz both in Windows and in my DAWs, and it can be working fine for a while (read up to an hour or so), and then, suddenly the audio in the video stops. Sometimes due to a CPU/DSP spike, for example when playing the song in the DAW, but sometimes only when hitting a few keys on the keyboard playing an instrument (no CPU/DSP spike).

The only thing I haven't done/tested yet is to test the audio interface with another computer. I suspect either a faulty audio interface, or just that my audio interface and my computer hate each other :)

Anyway, this is not the correct thread to discuss this, sorry about that.

Anyone know when the Props plan to release 10.3, or is it "ready when it's ready"? I've heard April somewhere I think.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I think they said April on their website, but didn't give a specific date.
Sweet child in time...

I'm surprised props isn't here going on about this thread and their displeasure about it.

pekbro wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:39 pm I'm surprised props isn't here going on about this thread and their displeasure about it.
I'm guessing they don't really want to hear the truth about everything, just some things.

I'm sure they don't really care outside of the beta program right now. Any other concerns outside of what they have planned for 10.3 will have to wait for another version.
Sweet child in time...

*shrugs, that sure doesn't fit with their behavior in the past... anyway, I haven't said shit
so they cant get pissed at me :D

pekbro wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:51 pm *shrugs, that sure doesn't fit with their behavior in the past... anyway, I haven't said shit
I think they still might be bitter about being called out on their first shady implementation of VST, it's probably a better marketing decision if they just let the dust settle.

pekbro wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:51 pm *shrugs, that sure doesn't fit with their behavior in the past... anyway, I haven't said shit
I think only a spy from Propellerheads would say something like that on this forum...

:hihi:
Sweet child in time...

Or the guy who they got pissed at last time...

Maybe it was the time before last, anyway to be clear there is no NDA. You guys
can discuss it all you want AFAIC... :P

I'm sorry I brought it up. :dog:

It was just a hope I had :shrug:

Anyways, now that it's obvious I won't get a beta invite I hope it is soon that they release it. Really out of curiosity than anything else.

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:58 pm
I have the AudioFuse from Arturia, but haven't heard of anyone having the same problems.
I have the same problem with my AF sometimes. You then have to restart it (which can be be a pita).
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

It's witchcraft. I feel like I got new computer for free. Easily 25-30% boost in performance and that's on projects with just 1-2 VSTs but many native and RE devices! :o
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

The Propellerheads always were good at efficient DSP.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”