What DAW Do You Hate?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

What DAW Do You Hate?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:16 am

Ableton Live
35
6%
Acoustica Mixcraft Pro Studio
2
0%
Apple GarageBand
24
4%
Apple Logic Pro
42
7%
Ardour
10
2%
Avid Pro Tools
53
9%
BandLab Sonar
12
2%
Bitwig Studio
17
3%
Cockos Reaper
62
11%
Harrison Mixbus
9
2%
Image-Line FL Studio
39
7%
Magix Acid Pro
2
0%
Magix Samplitude Pro X
10
2%
MOTU Digital Performer
4
1%
MuTools MuLab
2
0%
PreSonus Studio One
12
2%
Propellerhead Software Reason
15
3%
Renoise
3
1%
Steinberg Cubase
25
4%
Steinberg Nuendo
3
1%
Tracktion Software Waveform
10
2%
Hate is a negative emotion I don't give into
171
30%
 
Total votes: 562

chk071
KVRAF
21592 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Sat May 25, 2019 3:34 am

Damn, crimsonwarlock is back. And he's still a fanboi.

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
27528 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 3:34 am

crimsonwarlock wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:41 am
whyterabbyt wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:17 am
Nice to know there are 9 people using Reaper, though. That sure learned me.
Seriously :dog:
well, no, its a f**king joke, obviously. :dog: :roll:
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
27528 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 3:41 am

chk071 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 3:34 am
Damn, crimsonwarlock is back. And he's still a fanboi.
Ive got nothing against people being fans of their tools. Doing the whole self-aggrandisement-by-proxied-authority thing (aka 'all the experts Im speaking for agree with me') is tiresome.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
27528 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 3:47 am

Anyways, its kind of a shame. I honestly think that Reaper would have half those numbers if it wasnt for the fanbois pissing everyone else off. First time I ever heard of it was the twat with a very weird chip on his shoulder... basically 'everybody who doesnt agree that Reaper is the greatest thing ever only does so because they were brainwashed into using PT at the conservatoire they were at,' (<cough>) and its been downhill since then.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

chk071
KVRAF
21592 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 4:10 am

I'm afraid Reaper shares the same fate as Linux. It's for geeks, who are into modding the cr** out of their environment. Fair enough, there is a market for that, but, the vastly bigger market is musicians and prople who produce music, who just want a environment which doesn't get in their way. And which works for them by default. Just like with anything else. IMO. I must admit that Reaper isn't quite as specific as Linux, because it at least makes things a bit easier for people who just want to use it. But, in general, i'd say it's pretty much the same thing, with the same approach, and the same GUI related... specifics. *cough*

perfumer
KVRist
493 posts since 4 Oct, 2018

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 4:25 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 3:41 am
chk071 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 3:34 am
Damn, crimsonwarlock is back. And he's still a fanboi.
Ive got nothing against people being fans of their tools. Doing the whole self-aggrandisement-by-proxied-authority thing (aka 'all the experts Im speaking for agree with me') is tiresome.
You never do this, of course. You are one step up the ladder, because authority comes directly from you, and is unquestionable. It's tiresome.

Also, more than 9 is not all of them.

User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
27528 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 am

perfumer wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:25 am
You never do this, of course. You are one step up the ladder, because authority comes directly from you, and is unquestionable.
if you say so.
Also, more than 9 is not all of them.
did you figure that out on your own? :clap: :clap:
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

hevok
KVRer
19 posts since 11 Jan, 2019

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 7:01 am

Online polls like this are useless since they are not based on a single random sample representative for the population. Anyone who went to college and had a basic statistics course knows this. There's no conclusions to be drawn from this at all. It's just discussing for the sake of discussing.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
50308 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 7:04 am

no way!
its science!!!!!!

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
18941 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 7:34 am

perfumer wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:21 pm
whyterabbyt wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:17 am
Nice to know there are 9 people using Reaper, though. That sure learned me.
Have you ever seen a 'professional' use Nuendo...
You don't actually know what Nuendo is, do you.

User avatar
toonertik
KVRAF
1664 posts since 15 Feb, 2017 from a worn out vinyl groove

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 7:38 am

jancivil wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:34 am
perfumer wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:21 pm
whyterabbyt wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:17 am
Nice to know there are 9 people using Reaper, though. That sure learned me.
Have you ever seen a 'professional' use Nuendo...
You don't actually know what Nuendo is, do you.
I think you might be on to something there, Jan
:wink:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
50308 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 7:43 am

its when you say something that sounds a bit rude...

User avatar
toonertik
KVRAF
1664 posts since 15 Feb, 2017 from a worn out vinyl groove

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 7:46 am

vurt wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:43 am
its when you say something that sounds a bit rude...
vurt knows...
like BBC
:tu:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
50308 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 7:55 am

:o

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
50308 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sat May 25, 2019 7:57 am

btw, you owe me a few days :x
got nothing "done" having too much fun putting stupid bullshit radio shows through the prism :lol:

do have loads of snippets of an angry scottish woman stuttering "fufufufufufufufufufuffusquare sausaaarrge" :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”