1%
Tracktion Software Waveform
2%
Hate is a negative emotion I don't give into
30%

Total votes: 562

RELATED
PRODUCTS

cgnat wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:43 am Note that, for example, Reaper having 57 votes and Bitwig only 16 does not mean Reaper is more hated than Bitwig if there were 300 users of Reaper and 20 users of Bitwig voting.
You're making the assumption that the people voting are users of those DAWs. They are just as likely to be people who tried them and determined that they don't like them for some reason, then moved on.

The poll currently shows that Reaper is more hated by those that voted, and nothing more can be deduced from the information given.
Sweet child in time...

Polls are SO accurate :hihi:

I didn’t like that ZenAudio, ALK thing. Dunno if you could call that a DAW or not. Probably.

Anyway, I thought it weird to use.

reggie1979 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:30 am Polls are SO accurate :hihi:
With small numbers like this, you can't really take it as meaningful, but it definitely doesn't need any speculation as to why the numbers might be skewed beyond what might happen due to the small sample size.
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:13 am
cgnat wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:43 am Note that, for example, Reaper having 57 votes and Bitwig only 16 does not mean Reaper is more hated than Bitwig if there were 300 users of Reaper and 20 users of Bitwig voting.
You're making the assumption that the people voting are users of those DAWs. They are just as likely to be people who tried them and determined that they don't like them for some reason, then moved on.
Agreed. Most likely you are not going to be a user of a DAW you said you hate :)
The poll currently shows that Reaper is more hated by those that voted, and nothing more can be deduced from the information given.
Yes, what I am trying to say is warning readers of the poll not to confuse the precise title of the poll “What DAW you hate” with “What DAW is the more hated”, two very different animals and very easy to mix up!

Awww, man - just noticed - Jeremy Sagan's sagantech/Metro 7 isn't mentioned here, either. M7 has got a pretty significant legacy, too - gotta bump one of his threads (He's a good dude)

So easy to forget some of the good ole' DAW's - maybe the DAW market is just plain saturated -

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=362244&start=150

cgnat wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:43 am
Deep Purple wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:13 am
Agreed. Most likely you are not going to be a user of a DAW you said you hate :)
Yes, what I am trying to say is warning readers of the poll not to confuse the precise title of the poll “What DAW you hate” with “What DAW is the more hated”, two very different animals and very easy to mix up!
but reaper still sucks satans balls? :)

:P
Last edited by vurt on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:31 pm
but reaper still sucks satans balls :)
tug tug tug

im just asking, wasn't a statement.
although i did miss the question mark :oops:

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:40 pm im just asking, wasn't a statement.
looked like a declarative sentence to me.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:43 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:40 pm im just asking, wasn't a statement.
looked like a declarative sentence to me.
never tried it so im not qualified to declare anything with regards to reaper, merely ask questions.
ill edit my post...

:hihi:

Having tried it, I can say with total alacrity that Reaper does indeed do what you describe. I just don't hate it. Hatred takes too much effort for something I can ignore completely.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

vurt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:31 pm
but reaper still sucks satans balls? :)

Isn't that a private matter between Satan and Reaper? :hihi:

Cockos.

How do you mean that, exactly?
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”