1%
Tracktion Software Waveform
2%
Hate is a negative emotion I don't give into
30%

Total votes: 562

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:08 pm there was also cubasis (sp) back in the 90's, I worked music retail then and one place I worked was MARs music where I was pro audio/recording/dj/keyboards...I didn't want to be in guitars. At the time I didn't do computer recording, HD and tape was my thing and I didn't even get my first computer until I moved onto my next gig at daddys junky music (nashua nh store). I remember a friend was wanting to hook me up with his old mac and everyone told me to stay away from cubase/cubasis because the learning curve was too steep. Then Sonar was released and we got training on that before the release (I was a little less lost) and we had training on PT. I didn't want a mac, I wanted to go with logic when it was still pc because our emagic rep was an old friend, he moved to cali to be an big wig in the company so I use to mess with logic when I could. Then I went to daddys,we hit exact order on daily numbers playing al bundys home address (9764 jeopardy lane though some episodes it was 9674 because kelly broke it) and I bought my first computer and home studio. Home studio had FL demo and CE2k, both I stuck with turning CE2k into Adobe Audition. At first I was still using an Akai dps 12 hd recorder, cakewalk for sequencing and ce2k to mix to but suddenly the akai became obsolete.
The first incarnation of Cubase was called Cubeat and Steinberg had to change the name for legal reasons. This was 1989 and the platform was Atari ST. But before that there was a Steinberg Pro 16 Midi sequencer for C64 (1984) and later Pro 24 for the Atari...
Cubasis was the name for a stripped down version Cubase LE as its called today...
Cakewalk for DOS was released two years earlier 1987. (no graphical interface as we know it...)
Pro 24 was already more than Cakewalk could deliver 1987 than Cubase, but I think they had been the first on IBM PCs...

*Cubit*

of course :dog: a bit of beats can't hurt...;-)

You guys want to read an interesting story, about a life well-lived? It culminates in developement/support of a DAW that I don't believe has been mentioned in this thread (maybe worthy of some hate, I suppose! :hihi: )

http://www.rmllabs.com/MainSite/the-early-years.html

goldenanalog wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:38 am You guys want to read an interesting story, about a life well-lived? It culminates in developement/support of a DAW that I don't believe has been mentioned in this thread (maybe worthy of some hate, I suppose! :hihi: )

I had completely forgotten about it - without reading this I would have thought it had disappeared years ago.
Sweet child in time...

Note that, for example, Reaper having 57 votes and Bitwig only 16 does not mean Reaper is more hated than Bitwig if there were 300 users of Reaper and 20 users of Bitwig voting.

cgnat wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:43 am Note that, for example, Reaper having 57 votes and Bitwig only 16 does not mean Reaper is more hated than Bitwig if there were 300 users of Reaper and 20 users of Bitwig voting.
Agreed.
but anything Apple for me will always be a no no! I dislike their closed system, philosophy and over pricing!

Not to mention everyone I've encountered with an iPhone has had handset issues!

cgnat wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:43 am Note that, for example, Reaper having 57 votes and Bitwig only 16 does not mean Reaper is more hated than Bitwig if there were 300 users of Reaper and 20 users of Bitwig voting.
One of the irrational things about hate is how a lack of knowledge about something can allow or cause it. People hate other ethnic groups and cultures based on lack of knowledge and misinformation. "I don't have to know anything about XYZ to know I hate it." Possibly the same thing is happening here in some cases.

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:45 am
goldenanalog wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:38 am You guys want to read an interesting story, about a life well-lived? It culminates in developement/support of a DAW that I don't believe has been mentioned in this thread (maybe worthy of some hate, I suppose! :hihi: )

I had completely forgotten about it - without reading this I would have thought it had disappeared years ago.
:hihi: His story is very interesting! He's done a lot *in addition* to coding a masterpiece of an audio soft - one of the most efficient audio products ever built (in asm)

I love all DAWs equally.....
Peace my friend.

It's also amazing protool, the music business industry standard DAW, is the 2nd most hated.
Perhaps no professional voted !

Yes, it's the industry standard and it's fine for what it does but they have a long shady history.

Anyways, rock what you got!

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:21 pm Yes, it's the industry standard and it's fine for what it does but they have a long shady history.
Which obviously seems to be more of a thing for the bedroom producer, and especially those frequenting online forums. Which makes their opinion pretty irrelevant, as usual.

Not that i'd want to clarify what's meant with "shady" now. Some already consider iLok protection as shady.

I expect the people who hate Garageband/Logic hate Apple on principle, whether it be because of Alchemy, or just in general. Logic is an amazing tool that has had serious upgrades over the last 5+ years. Free.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

sl23 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:29 am
Agreed.
but anything Apple for me will always be a no no! I dislike their closed system, philosophy and over pricing!

Not to mention everyone I've encountered with an iPhone has had handset issues!
Do you consider Logic Pro X overpriced? I can't think of a more fully-featured DAW for $199. I'm by no means a fanboi -- Logic is by far the DAW I hate the most of the three I use regularly, including Live and Reason -- but really can't think of anything that comes close value-wise. And yes, I know it's a loss leader as Apple make their real money from consumer widgets.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”