1%
Tracktion Software Waveform
2%
Hate is a negative emotion I don't give into
30%

Total votes: 562

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I dislike Reaper because of GUI. No matter which theme it has or can do my laundry.
Plus it being pushed even on best Lasagna recipe threads.

What Host has the most annoying forum posters for the win ...

Reaper. Yuck.

I don't even hate REAPER, tho

The ones to hate would be those that never get their bugs fixed - or just too many years before they fix it.

Worst fixing bugs for me has been Magix and Steinberg.

Where's Edward when you need him

recently switched to Reaper from Sonar 8.5. Loving it, but also alternately hated it at times, especially in the very first few hours.

DAWs i wouldn't use are...
- Renoise: besides liking the idea of trackers, trackers in general are just too abstract for me to be my main choice over the „conventional DAW paradigm“
- FL Studio: nicely featured PRV and great bundled instruments, but the general workflow seems to be way too cluttered for my way of thinking
- Cubase automatically disqualifies itself for me because of the need for a dongle
- Garageband: only briefly toyed with it a few years ago when i got my ipad but has been a bit too simplistic for me at that time

DAWs i've used in the past and really liked...
- Project 5 v2: had to drop it in around 2006 when it became pretty unstable on my then newly built system. Also as far as i remember no multicore support has been another issue i sadly had to leave this otherwise great program behind
- Acid: awesome, maybe the greatest of all time workflow with samples and loops in the timeline, but sadly not very stable for me in VST regards
- Sonar: no dongle and it also generally felt a bit nicer to work with than Cubase

As i already stated i'm now on Reaper, which i really like. If not for that, i would surely be using either Studio One, Bitwig, or if i was on Mac: Logic and would be happy aswell.
Pretty much any DAW, even my not preferred ones, has been more than capable to deliver absolutely stellar results for a very! long time now, it's just what works for you (best).
Last edited by FapFilter on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:57 pm Hating a DAW? People have way too much energy if they're able to waste it on a piece of software that they're not forced to use.
lol

:ud: I certainly hate a dev, yet I got nothing against its DAW...

When a survey shows 28% of the population don't hate, it loses all credibility.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

I don't care for Reaper. Can't be bothered to hate it, unless I was forced to use it. That's the only other software DAW, other than Logic, that I'm experienced with.

I had a midi only version of Cubasis as my introduction to midi software back around 1999. It was a buggy piece of crap. Kinda wary about Steinberg on that acc't, but I've never tried a full version of Cubase.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

if I was forced to use REAPER I would hate living

A lot of these so called "DAW issues and problems" stem from the management and operations of the company itself. The decisions they make and the input they take and give back to their community is vital. Examples can be given for all sorts of mismanaged and poorly run operations, Avid being one.

this forum seems to become more and more a place for frustrated bullshit jobbers.

why should somebody "hate a DAW"? Maybe you hate yourself, using it, or you are frustrated, not getting to grips with it, or you can't afford the one you want etc ... :dog: :pray:
"It dreamed itself along"

Don't worry... not everyone here hates Ableton. :party:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”