DAW or plugin that does audio to MIDI?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zzz00m wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:18 pm
killmaster wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:44 am
Musical Gym wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:28 am Select audio track in Studio One, right-click and choose Edit with Melodyne.
When Melodyne has finished its analysis, close Melodyne.
Drag the audio track that Melodyne analyzed into an Instrument track.
Check the midi (that Melodyne created) in the track and edit if necessary in the Instrument track.
Woah! I had no idea. So straightforward. Can't wait to try this! Thanks a lot! Great to have a way to use Melodyne. I hear its pretty great at analyzing... I'll try this and Live and see which one has better workflow and results, though this sounds pretty great.
Nice, yes. But with limits!

The default bundled Melodyne essential should work fine for monophonic tracks or rhythmic percussion, but for chords you will need to upgrade to Melodyne editor for polyphonic audio use. A $399 upgrade.

Live will work with chords if the instrument is isolated, and not mixed with other parts.
Thanks for this info!

killmaster wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:07 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:43 am Reason 10. Just drag and drop audio to instrument track.
Woah, thanks! I also have Reason 10. Great news, thanks.
When I do that on mine, all I get is a straight line of midi unlike Melodyn in Studio One.

Logic Pro X

Cubase have had that feature for years

Cakewalk is free and it converts audio to midi. Just drag an audio clip onto a midi track.
What sound do dreams make when they die?

Resonant- Serpent wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:47 am Cakewalk is free and it converts audio to midi. Just drag an audio clip onto a midi track.
Results can vary. Really only works with a single isolated instrument part, not a mix. You would also need a full version of Melodyne to process a polyphonic part (i.e. harmonies or chords). The entry level version can only handle monophonic instruments and rhythmic percussion patterns.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Frettable is an online website I found that does pretty well compared to other plugins I've used over the years. It handles chords so does instruments like piano an guitar. Also isolated instrument parts, not a mix.

In FL Studio from Edison or Newtone.
REAPER through Melodyne & ARA.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”