RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

Great update!

Well this is a big one:
- Introduced support of VST3
RE one of the new automation features:
Automation
It is now possible to edit the value of an automation breakpoint or segment using a context menu and keyboard. While hovering over a breakpoint or segment, right-click and press the new "Edit Value" context menu item to make the automation value box editable. Enter a new value and confirm the entry either by deselecting the value display box or hitting the Enter key.
I'd like to think my tweet last month was just a coincidence :D ...

https://twitter.com/mcbpete/status/1079069886989717504

Yup- nice point update, but not enough to make me pay £230 from 9 suite as I found the 10 upgrade pretty underwelming to be honest (especilay compaired to the sepped other DAWS are developing). Personaly I already have better wavetable synths (Pigment, Serum etc) so the wavetable synth is not worth anything to me personally....now in clip editing, MPE etc may make me look again.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This is the update 10.0 should have been for me. But finally we have it:
- Easy Sidechain routing for all VSTs (without extra track)
- VST3
- Freeze sidechained tracks
Major features.
I also like the new arrangement additions with curves etc.
The VSTs load faster in all, which is not explicitly mentioned I think.

Really good work done.

SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 am Yup- nice point update, but not enough to make me pay £230 from 9 suite as I found the 10 upgrade pretty underwelming to be honest (especilay compaired to the sepped other DAWS are developing). Personaly I already have better wavetable synths (Pigment, Serum etc) so the wavetable synth is not worth anything to me personally....now in clip editing, MPE etc may make me look again.
yes they are catching up. I mostly liked the workflow enhancements. Automation curves and other stuff.Very useful additions. No interest in device updates either
Now bring on
gain handles on clips
bounce clips in place
select multiple clips on same track not bound to timeline and fade/trim all selected
More categories :)

When u control the external midi instrument with a midi rack putting an automation on a macro knob(midi cc assigned) works like it should while putting a modulation on the same macro knob does nothing! Still not fixed!

dermage wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:59 am This is the update 10.0 should have been for me. But finally we have it:
Where is this mentioned? I don't think you're correct.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 amPersonaly I already have better wavetable synths (Pigment, Serum etc) so the wavetable synth is not worth anything to me personally....now in clip editing, MPE etc may make me look again.
The real kicker is that Wavetable is more CPU hungry than Diva or The Legend and pales in comparison with them in terms of quality.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:34 pm
dermage wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:59 am This is the update 10.0 should have been for me. But finally we have it:
He is.
* Added a sidechain view to the left of the X/Y control in the VST plug-in device view.
You will only see this with plug-ins that support side chaining.

no fades on multiple regions simultaneously

no open / close vst instrument on key command

andypryce wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:07 am
SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 am Yup- nice point update, but not enough to make me pay £230 from 9 suite as I found the 10 upgrade pretty underwelming to be honest (especilay compaired to the sepped other DAWS are developing). Personaly I already have better wavetable synths (Pigment, Serum etc) so the wavetable synth is not worth anything to me personally....now in clip editing, MPE etc may make me look again.
yes they are catching up. I mostly liked the workflow enhancements. Automation curves and other stuff.Very useful additions. No interest in device updates either
Now bring on
gain handles on clips
bounce clips in place
select multiple clips on same track not bound to timeline and fade/trim all selected
More categories :)
yep

Significantly less beach-balling on the Mac. Nice!
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Rivanni wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:44 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:34 pm
He is.
* Added a sidechain view to the left of the X/Y control in the VST plug-in device view.
You will only see this with plug-ins that support side chaining.
Oh, that's nice! I missed this, thank you :)
Music tech enthusiast

bundoo wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:49 pmno fades on multiple regions simultaneously
I believe this is added in 10.0.6 beta, so I'm sure will be in 10.1
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”