Digital Performer 10 is now Ableton Live

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Digital Performer Live

Is that a good or a bad thing?

Very Tetris like as compared to live. Ableton, should implement something like breakout in
their clip system to counter.

It even looks like Live :lol: not very original
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Wait, they still make Digital Performer?!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

WTF?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Fascinating... :wink:

Maybe this will be an incentive for other major DAW developers to incorporate clip launchers as standard fare to complement their linear DAWs...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:29 pm Fascinating... :wink:

Maybe this will be an incentive for other major DAW developers to incorporate clip launchers as standard fare to complement their linear DAWs...
:tu:

I am planning to upgrade for the scalable UI and VST3 support. Hopefully, the software stability on Windows PCs, which is not bad in version 9.5, has also continued to improved in version 10.

scalable UI, VST3 support, VCA's, content browser, enhanced grid snapping, CC data moves with quantized notes, Enhanced MIDI note display.
I will probably upgrade, I like DP, just wish freezing tracks didn't have to be in real time?

MOTU wrote:Manipulate audio like never before

From precision editing of individual beats to global tempo changes, Stretch audio lets you manipulate audio faster and easier, with more control than ever before. Grab an individual audio beat to adjust its timing. The new Stretch Edit layer lets you precisely control anchor points to achieve exactly the feel you want. For global tempo control, simply enable Stretch mode and the entire audio track instantly conforms to your project tempo and time line, even with smooth tempo changes over time. ZTX PRO™ technology from Zynaptiq™ ensures the highest possible audio quality throughout.
Zynaptiq technology implemented. As a Logic user I'm a little jealous. :wink:

Looks nice. The tiny GUI was my biggest complaint.

Etienne1973 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:42 pm
MOTU wrote:Manipulate audio like never before

From precision editing of individual beats to global tempo changes, Stretch audio lets you manipulate audio faster and easier, with more control than ever before. Grab an individual audio beat to adjust its timing. The new Stretch Edit layer lets you precisely control anchor points to achieve exactly the feel you want. For global tempo control, simply enable Stretch mode and the entire audio track instantly conforms to your project tempo and time line, even with smooth tempo changes over time. ZTX PRO™ technology from Zynaptiq™ ensures the highest possible audio quality throughout.
Zynaptiq technology implemented. As a Logic user I'm a little jealous. :wink:
Nothing, beats pitch shiting technology. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I'm all for this. I use Live and DP all the time, and I find myself starting things in Live more than DP, but at some point I'll be up against some Live limitation and move things to DP, so having clips in DP makes me happy because moving MIDI, FX and instruments and audio to another DAW is a PITA.

The upgrade in general looks pretty extensive. This was a relief because it's been about four years or so since an upgrade. Pretty much all the upgrades are welcome. Can't care less about the content library, but I own MachFive and UVI content so that's part of it.

it's still my favorite midi editor, but they really seemed to have addressed some longstanding requests this time around. i'm pretty jazzed about relative/absolute grid, and the nicer event timestretching of individual beats, in particular.
vst3 support is nice, too.
faster than realtime freeze (i never understood why it was realtime, either), and maybe a schnazzy cubase/s1-ish export dialog would be about all i'd really love to see beyond that.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”