FL Studio 20.1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Caine123 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:03 pm im atm testin a few daws, when im finished i can show some facts like how to route, how to mix etc. and this will show which daw has advantages etc. i dont have probs like many here with fl studio. e.g. you can highlight all mixer channels ASAP and in studio one not? you can solo single mixer channels and single inserts, in studio one not, it shows that fl studio isnt so stupid and other daws lack basics like this.
We already talked about that... do you remember...
I did those tests already over years and years and the facts stay always the same...

What is one DAW´s strength is the other one´s weakness and other way round...
There is no better, there is only different and you have to decide what are your must haves and your no-go´s...
By means of that you should decide, what DAW fit´s you best (pure logical considered)...
Our bad that we are not logical beings nor are our decisions... :x 8) :lol:

jsp1979 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:05 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:56 pm Best daw ever. Also since v20.5 its been very very very stable.
Isn't this the 20.1 release? Are you from the future? :hihi:
Sorry, 20.0.5 :)

Really loved this update. Automatic grouping of audio recordings is a huge help for me. However, I have one annoying problem. Dont know if it just me or if there is allready solution for this:

I select the mixer channel 20 for recording. I record first takes. Then I adjust something example in different vocal take or master channel. After that I press record again and it asks to select the input as the mixer channel has been changed to what ever I have been working on. It is not a big problem but this happens to me 10 times during recording session. Is there any way to set the recording channel locked? So that always when I select the one-click-audio recording, it would record to channel 20. Maby channel could be changed by right-clicking. Like I said, this is not first time ask for feature that maby is allready implemented. :)

Mac Hine wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:33 amI select the mixer channel 20 for recording. I record first takes. Then I adjust something example in different vocal take or master channel. After that I press record again and it asks to select the input as the mixer channel has been changed to what ever... Like I said, this is not first time ask for feature that maby is allready implemented. :)
If you have Auto-unarm deselected then this should not happen. So yes, it's already implemented.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:12 am If you have Auto-unarm deselected then this should not happen. So yes, it's already implemented.
Not quite what I was after. If I deselect the Auto-unarm, it keeps the previously selected channel armed but it also arms the channel where I am. So, what I would like to have is that if I am on channel 15, press record it would automaticly jump to channel 20 where my input is allready defined and starts to record. Maby I do short video to describe my problem/wish. I think I have not hear anybody else to complain about this so maby I am doing something funny.

Mac Hine wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:26 pm Maby I do short video to describe my problem/wish. I think I have not hear anybody else to complain about this so maby I am doing something funny.
Please do. Its not clear what's happening here.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Ever since updating to 20.1 (incl. the very latest version), FL Studio doesn't seem to remember my piano roll window settings. I usually pull it so I see tons of steps, but now every time I boot up the piano roll window resets to its default 16 step view. Anyone else facing this issue?

BeeDog wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:24 am Ever since updating to 20.1 (incl. the very latest version), FL Studio doesn't seem to remember my piano roll window settings. I usually pull it so I see tons of steps, but now every time I boot up the piano roll window resets to its default 16 step view. Anyone else facing this issue?
It's not the piano roll, but the channel rack. And indeed, since 20.1 it isn't remembering the last used size.

exmatproton wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:52 pm
BeeDog wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:24 am Ever since updating to 20.1 (incl. the very latest version), FL Studio doesn't seem to remember my piano roll window settings. I usually pull it so I see tons of steps, but now every time I boot up the piano roll window resets to its default 16 step view. Anyone else facing this issue?
It's not the piano roll, but the channel rack. And indeed, since 20.1 it isn't remembering the last used size.
Sorry, yeah, got my wires crossed, meant the channel rack. Hopefully a bugfix is on the way.

BeeDog wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:26 pm
exmatproton wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:52 pm
Sorry, yeah, got my wires crossed, meant the channel rack. Hopefully a bugfix is on the way.
I did wrote to them at their forum. I hope they'll fix it as well. Quite annoying

I know the Windows version can do this, but do any of you FL Studio users know if the Mac version can run as a plugin in another host? I apologize for bursting into the thread like this. I tried getting an answer out of IL, but they provide no means to get answers to pre-sales questions if you aren't already a customer; ridiculous! They were pretty nasty about it, as well.

I have FL installed on my Mac,
couldn't see a plugin in MainStage and Digital Performer-
will try to if my paths are right, not really familiar with Mac
It seems there is no plugin, darn

tdm wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:15 am I know the Windows version can do this, but do any of you FL Studio users know if the Mac version can run as a plugin in another host? I apologize for bursting into the thread like this. I tried getting an answer out of IL, but they provide no means to get answers to pre-sales questions if you aren't already a customer; ridiculous! They were pretty nasty about it, as well.
They seriously get nasty about that?
Why be rude to people who haven't given you money yet :hihi: :hihi:
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

I don't get it either, Spencer. A company policy of not answering pre-sales questions is simply a unique and different way to shoot yourself in the foot. In my case, it worked. I will never buy anything from IL.

Thanks for replying, man.

I did chat before I did transaction though. I don't know current state of their support department.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”