FL Studio 20.1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Fl Studio is a great deal mate!

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:20 am
Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 am Fl studio has still the snappiest, easiest and best piano roll.

Im still testing s1. Bitwig and reaper and it us shocking how bad theirs are.
The multitool in fl studio is easy and logic. And this is still missing in the others. Why cant i configure my own tool how it reacts?
Pretty sure in Reaper at least you can configure it how you like. I've seen people say they can get it exactly like in FL or even better.
You can.. but there's no way to configure when and how the tools transform to various functions depending on where on the note you are with the mouse. This is the part where Reaper sucks big time. No idea what they've done but they've managed to make almost all points where the mouse cursor changes action unintuitive and cumbersome in Reaper.

Want to stretch a note? You search for a while until the tool changes to "stretch a note" symbol. You want to grab the note and move it? Again you search around a bit until you either mistakenly stretch it or manage to magically grab it. All of these issues are especially true for short notes and higher zoom levels.. actually this seems to be a problem for most DAWs, except FL studio where it just somehow "knows" what you want. No idea how they've made these details so intuitive in FL Studio but somehow it's properly detecting "sub pixel" positions of the mouse cursor and thus knows what the user is trying to do.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

@Image-Line: Thanks for this absolutely amazing update!

Cheers!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Best daw ever. Also since v20.5 its been very very very stable.

FL only needs Live style time warping and it would perfect.

Awesome as usual! :tu:

FL Studio is the most underrated, most unfairly derided DAW on the market. I'm excited to update this weekend! :hyper:

Solid update.
Any chance of Total Channel Rack Save/import/Export function coming soon? Also would love to get regular fades on clips.
And maybe a dark mode :)

Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:10 am
Dunbar wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:20 am
Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 amToo bad fl 20 sucks for me and freezes a lot. Before i had also probs but not like this and instead they add compatibility options etc.
Are you using Win98?
No. Win95
WTF?!

Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 am Fl studio has still the snappiest, easiest and best piano roll.

The multitool in fl studio is easy and logic. And this is still missing in the others. Why cant i configure my own tool how it reacts?
Pretty sure in Reaper at least you can configure it how you like. I've seen people say they can get it exactly like in FL or even better.

And yes, this is all configurable in Reaper with mouse modifiers. Can get some cool shit happening.

Well, at least it's not WinME...

More on topic -- I'm waiting for the next bugfix patch before loading 20.1, but the Piano Roll is what keeps me coming back again and again. Even though I'm one of those folks referenced above who frequently just can't wrap my head around FL properly. So far. Being able to convert it to function as a linear audio and MIDI recording DAW will help me a lot. I suspect that I'm not the only one who's been waiting for this paradigm shift.

Marketed properly, in tandem with the vectorial GUI, I could see this being verrrrry good for their sales.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:36 am

And yes, this is all configurable in Reaper with mouse modifiers. Can get some cool shit happening.
But sadly the best part not...

The tools of FLS´s PR like the Arpeggiator or Chop with their ability to load patterns are unbeaten and there is atm no chance to replicate this in Reaper or with any 3rd party...

FL Studio is still the absolute king in terms of the PR Editor

did they fix latency compensation for plugins?
can I use parallel processing without phase issues because of latency???

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:56 pm Best daw ever. Also since v20.5 its been very very very stable.
Isn't this the 20.1 release? Are you from the future? :hihi:

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:36 am
Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:10 am
Dunbar wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:20 am
Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 amToo bad fl 20 sucks for me and freezes a lot. Before i had also probs but not like this and instead they add compatibility options etc.
Are you using Win98?
No. Win95
WTF?!
Pretty sure Caine was being sarcastic.

According to the update the stepsequencer is now able to do polyrymic stuff , this is not true
What they mean is polymeter stuff .
As it is now , it is NOT possible to play triplets in the step-sequencer , a triplet eight against 2 regular eight notes fo example
To to that you need to mannually adjust the delay step parameter for ther triplet notes .
Either they don't know the difference between poly meter/rytmic or they are just talking out of their ass :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

tim.benetonn wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:53 pm did they fix latency compensation for plugins?
can I use parallel processing without phase issues because of latency???
Latency compensation was greatly improved with the V20 release...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”