Waves Tune vanishes after installing Waves free Black Friday "gift" plugin...?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought Waves Tune a few weeks ago.
Installed it and looked in my Plugin list, eventually found it to be something called Waves Shell... (not very intuitive). Anyway, it worked so, OK...

On Black Friday I get hold of Waves free Sibilence plugin and install it. It seems to replace Waves Shell, so now when I invoke Waves Shell, Sibilence pops up.
Tune is nowhere to be found.

I try reinstalling Tune, re-scanning in Reaper, even altered the vstplugins.ini file taking all Waves stuff out. Still no way of getting Tune invoked. Sibilence still comes up.

Any ideas ?

Hate to say it but this sounds like a very common Waves installation bug. Happened to me twice now. Each time I got fixed by Waves support doing a remote session. It's a pain -- and annoying as hell how bad their installation wizards are -- buty they will do it for you. Call them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

In Ableton Live, after adding new waves plug-ins via the waves manager, I always remove my WaveShell shortcuts from my VST Plug-In Custom Folder, open Live, close Live, put my WaveShell shortcuts back in my VST Plug-In Custom Folder, open Live again and allow Live to re-scan my WaveShell(s) and find my new Waves Plug-ins. This reads a lot more complicated and time consuming than it really is in practice.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Why is "gift" in quotations? Are you implying that, because you're having an issue, it isn't a gift? :hihi:

thanks all
I just uninstalled the whole lot and reinstalled, but it still didnt work, so I repeated that process and just ditched Sibilence. Now Waves Shell opens Tune. I dont care about Sibilence now.

Last couple of waves installs have been a chore. I passed on Sibilance for that reason. I would really like to try the new FM synth but.........ehh. I did get H comp only because it was older and a part of the old offline installer.

I am sure there is some convoluted work around to solve your issue.
Maybe the Shell2vst software.
Delete the wave cache.
who knows anymore.

sooner or later you will be a waves expert if you continue using the stuff
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Bansaw wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:36 pm thanks all
I just uninstalled the whole lot and reinstalled, but it still didnt work, so I repeated that process and just ditched Sibilence. Now Waves Shell opens Tune. I dont care about Sibilence now.

if you're in reaper you've got something very odd going on - reaper enumerates the individual plugins within the shell and lists them separately, you should never see 'waves shell' itself listed in the plugin list

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”