Ableton Live on PC and Apple?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
I have Ableton Live 10 on my PC but due to family reasons access to my studio room is restricted a bit nowadays. I have access to an Apple MacBook that I can install Live onto. My question is this can I swap/exchange sessions between the two?

Many thanks,
Glyn.

Yes, but third party plug ins will take some attention, and some may not transfer their patches well.

Hi machinesworking,
thanks for your quick reply, that’s good to know mate.
Cheers,
Glyn.👍

Make sure you use VST on the Mac and not AU for third party plugins in live if you want compatibility between the two.

I did this for a while. Stuff transfers seamlessly, but as others have said, the plug-ins need to be VST unless you want to keep swapping and replacing. That's third-party. The integrated plug-ins work just fine. If I remember correctly.

This is very timely for me. I left the laptop at home for my daughter to use and installed Omnisphere on a work MacBook while I'm on vacation this week. I am thinking of moving to the Mac for music. I use Instrument Racks a lot and drag/drop the sounds/racks I need for my set. I'm hoping my current instrument racks will transfer over. I will be sure to install as VSTs.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”