Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I created a scale of which 1/1 is A.

After everything is set I go to "Edit - Edit Mapping"

Here as default;

Key for 1/1 is C (60)

On the program the explanation when you hover the point on this area says "Central key where the first entry in the mapping goes to"

I click "Apply" without changing anything in the mapping screen.

Then I try it and I see C key on the keyboard sounds as C. Although my Scale starts with A and I mapped it to C.

So the Key C should sounds A. But It won't

Why does this happen and how to fix this?

If I understand you correctly you applied the default.
You have to change the C to A (69).
Here is a good tutorial for Scala: http://xen-arts.net/microtuning-virtual ... ts-part-5/

Hope this helps,
Enso

Thank you very much for the answer EnsoLake.

1) Why should I choose A (69)?

My A is not A in 12TET 440Hz.

2) Which one should I change?

a) Key for 1/1 or

b) Reference Key

As far as I know 2a and 2b should be the same (in most cases).
I think you have to change the reference freq also.
This is from the Scala help file:

SET MAP_FREQ frequency [note-number]

Change the reference frequency of the current keyboard mapping. Influences the EXAMPLE/MIDI and SEND commands. See the current value with SHOW MAPPING. The initial value is 261.6256 Hz. The frequency parameter can also be a pitch memory or scale degree (see help items of $ and %). Then the value is interpreted as a change from the current value, so for instance if pitch memory 0 contains 3/2 and $0 is given, the frequency will become a fifth higher. With the optional second parameter, the MIDI note number to which the reference frequency is mapped, can be changed. The initial value is 60 (C). Use 69 for mapping to A. If "%" is given for the frequency then the value of the key Standard_Pitch is taken if you added it to scala.ini, otherwise it is 440 Hz. For example: SET MAP_FREQ % 69
This command does not change the base frequency from SET FREQUENCY. See also COPY/FREQ_MAP, COPY/MAP_FREQ, SET ADJUSTMENT and SET MIDDLE.

When you copy and paste the scale entries to the white screen then click apply there a notification comes up;

"Change the base frequency" (It present my 1/1 frequency to replace the frequency of C.) I say yes. Because that's what I want.

Then you say I change the base frequency again in "Mapping Page"

I'll try that when I got home.

Thank you very much for the answer.

Another very important issue is that;

I enter 12 entries then above the button "Apply" It says "Size : 11 tones" !!!!!!

On the mapping page I set "Size" as "12"

When I click the "Apply" It gives Error;

"Not any key has been mapped so the mapping will be useless."

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”