Logic pro x update is out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

machinesworking wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:19 am So has anyone played with the new per port settings? I'm curious as to whether you can now assign a specific controller to a specific AU instrument now or if it's still per channel only? They didn't specifically mention AU instruments in the "what's new" section... just this, sounds like it might be possible now??
There are now preferences to filter MIDI data on a port-by-port basis.
MIDI data is kinda vague though, as in it could just be for CC's etc.
Actually you could do a per port filter since ages within the environment. But that is a bit more than complicated...

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:14 pm Actually you could do a per port filter since ages within the environment. But that is a bit more than complicated...
Quoting myself is lame. :)
"Yeah I do recall being able to do that in the Environment back in the day when Logic was my main DAW, but to be honest that's a lot of busy work when the other DAWs I use all do it no issue."

I was just hoping it was a selection on a track like it is with external hardware instruments, that take in ports and channels like they should. I still don't know why this is still this way? but DP9 still has no ability to limit the note range of a MIDI track, while Logic has it for any track right there in the inspector.. All DAWs have something weird from their beginnings though.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:50 pm
bill45 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:08 am
pdxindy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:32 pm
I just bought a new Mac Mini and installing the RME driver was the same as it has always been... click install, done...
Cool
,How do you like the new mac mini.What components did you get(CPU, Ram,SSD size)?
So far so good. I wanted a dedicated audio computer. Plus with the Macbook Pro, the fan came on too much and of course the fan is right there. I have the Mac Mini under the desk. So far the fan is not noticeable if it is coming on at all yet.
Thanks some are saying the longer they have the mac mini the more it heats up.A guy on youtube relaced the thermal paste.What CPU did you get, how much memory?

edit: duplicate
Last edited by pdxindy on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I got the high end cpu and 32GB memory. I have not really pushed the Mac Mini yet. Almost done getting all the software, plugin etc installed.

dupont wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:00 pm
alonl6 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 pm Make sure to update :)
nothing fancy in terms of new stuff. I like apple. They make a lot of great frequent (and free) updates.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718
Reaper users couldn't help laughting :hihi:
Perhaps one day logic X will catch up with Reaper, there is still a long way to go !
Troll.

Tronam wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:12 am
mrj1nx wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:16 am Im also on low sierra. Looking forward to the next major update. Hoping for more in the vein of the recent eq updates. Wouldnt mind comp upgrade with controls mapped like iconic devices like la2a.
I stuck with Sierra for over 2 years after a mediocre experience with High Sierra. Thankfully tools like Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper make testing out a new operating system quite painless, so I could easily revert back. Mojave won me over though and has been very smooth so far. Unlike with High Sierra I haven't run into any compatibility or performance issues. Another reason to consider upgrading to Mojave is because of rumors suggesting it might be the last version of macOS to run 32-bit applications natively at full performance. I don't know much about OS development, but this could be a serious issue for people still using older software with no hope of future upgrades.
Plain Sierra here too. Do you have any 32-bit plugins that have made the transition to Mojave? I don't run many but there are a few that still are good in Sierra with 32-Lives (Steinberg Virtual Guitarist and a couple others) that I would like to carry over. Funny thing is that they stopped working in El Capitan but came back to life in Sierra.

Also a couple Linplug synths that are 64-bit but are end-of-life.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”