Live -> Bitwig - anyone looked back?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:05 pm
trancema wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:55 pm I agree, however, it's missing "slice mode" and multiple filter types like Ableton Live's Simpler has.
Everything else sampler-wise Bitwig 2.4 already have.
It has 2 LP, 2 HP 2 BP and Notch...
Perhaps they were referring to the different Cytomic analog modelled ones that came in 9.7.
Always Read the Manual!

metaside wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:06 pm I am still using both and can't completely switch, I love Bitwig for the MPE integration and the modulators but I'm still used to the general workflow, the capture function and everything else in Ableton...
I also love the capture function - but as mellotronaut said earlier in the thread - it's a better habit to always just turn on record. I started doing that and actually it captures most of my ideas that otherwise would have been lost.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:38 pmI also love the capture function - but as mellotronaut said earlier in the thread - it's a better habit to always just turn on record. I started doing that and actually it captures most of my ideas that otherwise would have been lost.
Yeah I read that and I agree that it's a good habit, but that capture function is still a great thing to have in a DAW...
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

I just switched to BW, about a week without opening Live, and I don't know about looking back but for sure I'm looking forward.
It happened suddenly, from disliking the interface to just completely being absorbed in it.
For now I'm just thinking about BW modulators and the new Sampler combined.
Fun, just plain fun for the first time in a long time.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I'm using both, but frankly it's because of Push2 - I'm trying to integrate it in my workflow more and it's obviously so well implemented for Live. Moss has been doing an awesome job for Bitwig script, but I can't wrap my head around various key combinations: it's somehow simultaneously more complex and still misses few basic things.

Eventually I'd like to drop Live though, as Bitwig is just better by now with some minor - for my needs & workflow - things missing (capture, smarter high-DPI support, automatic project backups, in-arranger clip stretching, slicing/stretching of audio in samples).

BTW, an obligatory "list wars" post: viewtopic.php?p=7070551#p7070551
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”