Questions about Reaper

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You might wanna try using SWS Notes. That can store notes per track, item, or project.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:06 pm You might wanna try using SWS Notes. That can store notes per track, item, or project.
These ones are making me a huge trouble, as described above.

For unknown reason they are making themselves totally clean, not only on one song, but also, if you open second song in new project tab, in one session that thingy can wipe out any notes on BOTH in the same time!

This is the most annoying thing for me in Reaper.

I didn't knew that SWS notes, until I have checked because of your post.

:D

Maybe in SWS options is something , which does this thing!?

:(

I'm not aware of any options like that. Could be a bug in SWS, but then that's not really Reaper's fault, since SWS is a 3rd party extension. I can't say I saw any of my SWS notes ever disappearing, though.

I didn't know either.

So Reaper is clean in this case.

It's one hint, which may help.

When I saved the note as not locked in small font, when I was opining it, it was highlighted by default. I wrote about it o Reaper forum and one guy checked it and he was suspicious, that such highlight could wipe the text, since any touch will wipe the text.

Now it's seems to not doing it anymore with new update on Reaper. But it's a very slight point to check.

Lately I was saving them as a big text and actually yesterday I have saved two sounds and today they were gone will all others.

Maybe if I would not save them as locked it would not happened. To lock them I have to press on that padlock.

It's hard to say what is causing it. It's a brilliant idea to have such versatile tool for notes for almost anything and they are so seriously flawed.

Thanks for your input. Cheers...

I'm working on one song using this script on 20 channels and I have noticed, that such script is using CPU to run, like all plugins. And when I'm using it on 20 channels, I have noticed, that one compressor is misbehaving on Master track and I have some problems wit adjustments. I had never such problem before on the same song.

It's like these scripts or program are interfere with Master track.

When I have remove them, it's all back to normal.

But I have found a perfect solution for these notes.

Alt - Enter and I'm in Project settings, selecting Notes and I can put all notes there. It's plenty room for them. Also I have still SWS notes and so far, since I'm using them they didn't disappeared!

But I'm not trusting them as yet and have notes on both media. Just copy & paste from SWS to notes and keeping them both.

This way I can't go wrong.

:D :D :D

Hmmm... seems to holding do SWS notes. Not bad so far!

I just heard in my environment a new and IMHO great name for a Reaper.

Poor Man PTools.

And that's IMHO a great compliment by directly comparing Reaper to so expensive DAW. That name is used a lot!

Despite some problems, (PTools also have them), Reaper is most like the best DAW after PTools and without an expensive h/ware Reaper is the best DAW in the world.

I don't like MIDI in Reaper but it's much more I do like in Reaper than I don't like!

I can make GREAT and very complicated mixes in Reaper on a decent PC.

I don't feel that I need more power. Maybe in my brain but Reaper on a decent machine
is vey powerful DAW.

It's worth spending time to learn but it's time well spent.

:D :D :D

with so many things customizable in reaper, why isn't the license name customizable? okay maybe not the license name itself but the name that appears at the top left of the reaper GUI?

if you Google "reaper change license name" you will see that more than a few people wanted to change the name that appears at the top left area of the reaper GUI. it seems that some of those people managed to have that name changed by emailing the developers.

some people don't want their real name visible like that when they make a YouTube video or something. it's not safe. some want their YouTube name to appear instead? some wants to indicate that they are proud registered user of reaper, one who bought a license?

ideally, one shouldn't have to bother the devs about that. they must be so much busier now than in the past?

ideally, the person who bought the license should be able to 'customize' the name that appears at the top left of the reaper GUI?

it's kind of ironic that that isn't customizable too by the user?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

harryupbabble wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:17 pm with so many things customizable in reaper, why isn't the license name customizable? okay maybe not the license name itself but the name that appears at the top left of the reaper GUI?

if you Google "reaper change license name" you will see that more than a few people wanted to change the name that appears at the top left area of the reaper GUI. it seems that some of those people managed to have that name changed by emailing the developers.

some people don't want their real name visible like that when they make a YouTube video or something. it's not safe. some want their YouTube name to appear instead? some wants to indicate that they are proud registered user of reaper, one who bought a license?

ideally, one shouldn't have to bother the devs about that. they must be so much busier now than in the past?

ideally, the person who bought the license should be able to 'customize' the name that appears at the top left of the reaper GUI?

You can hide licence name from the toolbar (Help-About Reaper-purchase tab-tick "hide registerd name from the main titlebar)
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

reusenoise wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:15 pm
harryupbabble wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:17 pm with so many things customizable in reaper, why isn't the license name customizable? okay maybe not the license name itself but the name that appears at the top left of the reaper GUI?

You can hide licence name from the toolbar (Help-About Reaper-purchase tab-tick "hide registerd name from the main titlebar)
that's true. but I only want that hidden because I myself didn't buy the license. I don't have PayPal or amazon accounts and have never bought anything from the internet before so I asked someone that I know that buys stuff from the internet all the time. his name is on the license. I think he regrets helping me out now because maybe he thinks I might forget to hide his name by accident.

but... if I was able to customize it, and suppose I have a YouTube channel and my YouTube name is Lobo Tommy, it would be great to have that displayed on the reaper GUI so then it would display at top left area of the reaper gui something like this:

REAPER 6.0 registered to Lobo Tommy for personal use.

that way, the person that bought the license for me will never have to worry about his real name being displayed by accident.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”