Are Todays Daw's Making People Lazy Producers ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You will never *ever* know if you are good at anything unless you try it. And for all you know, when you try it, you might even discover that you are actually better at it than most people who are doing it.
and then there are those like myself...

:D
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

I can't read through 27 pages, but the question itself is rather lazy.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

kelldammit wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:52 pm
You will never *ever* know if you are good at anything unless you try it. And for all you know, when you try it, you might even discover that you are actually better at it than most people who are doing it.

i tried skiing once.
ended up with sore ankles and a cold wet arse :shrug:

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:26 pm
kelldammit wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:52 pm

i tried skiing once.
ended up with sore ankles and a cold wet arse :shrug:

what a bunch of shmos you are. i took up snowboarding late late *late* in life. I spent the first 3 or 4 years just falling all the time but then I finally got the hang of it. and snowboarding is a lot harder than skiing. the trick is to not give up and just keep breathing.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:19 pmI spent the first 3 or 4 years just falling all the time but then I finally got the hang of it. and snowboarding is a lot harder than skiing. the trick is to not give up and just keep breathing.
snowboarding is the asshats of skiing. it's the dickheads scraping the snow off the mountain. :hihi: Sorry, long time skier hehehehe
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

telecode wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:19 pm
what a bunch of shmos you are. i took up snowboarding late late *late* in life. I spent the first 3 or 4 years just falling all the time but then I finally got the hang of it. and snowboarding is a lot harder than skiing. the trick is to not give up and just keep breathing.
you're talking to a guy who fell over and took out a towel rack, stone sober, whilst taking a leak. :o

me + perpendicularity atop something in motion = i'm a dead man for sure. i'm likewise sure it'd be spectacularly entertaining for any onlookers though, so i'd probably give it a go anyway...
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:22 pm I can't read through 27 pages, but the question itself is rather lazy.
My summation: Are today's word processor softwares making the original post ungrammatical?

Functional wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:59 pm
jancivil wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:40 pm I will say that the refusal to experience music before the DAW creates a situation where one thinks they need software to work out how lyrics span against a pulse/beat. It's a detriment, and it's an excuse.
All this talk about how you're not actually being cynical but realistic and yet you choose to performatively prove the contrary.
Just, bullshit. Look up the word cynical. I've been critical and shown my reasoning for it and you resented it and tried to fake an argument using lingo like that, great empty sentences dancing around points but really just dismissing broadly with little attempts at insult and dressed up with cute words like "performatively". I proved that I'm cynical. You're chasing your own tail (your conclusion is just a restatement of your premise).

You can't argue the point at all, you can't really get rid of the fact that people, QED, in fact (sometimes for years, suggesting they'll never get up on their two back legs to do) concern themselves with software to give them their first clue what chord might work, or need software to get lyrics together... the point being, people who can do, and who come to a technological advantage case from such are working at a level of actual competence and never needed that.
It's real and twice I showed it happening specifically. I don't mean little children and a learning tool, I mean people whose aspiration = Producers. I mean all those people in the music theory board I told to play music for real first, those threads where you cultivated your beef with me.

You have to argue a disagreeable way_to_be at a person; ad hominem argument to deflect from the problem: you resemble that characterization too well. This is just intellectually dishonest.

You would have to show that proof. That the issue I bring 1) isn't_realistic (you cannot, because it demonstrably is taken straight from the real) and 2) from there that it's just cynicism. 100% bullshit.

Even to use the word cynical is bogus. Look it up. Maybe I have to explain: one would have to have that view - distrust of the motivations, or the sincerity - of people as a whole. No, actually I showed I may think otherwise, in fact I was at pains to explain that throughout. Everyone begins as a beginner; however there is a mode availed for us today suitable for avoidance, and a certain sort of person naturally takes advantage of it. CF: Thread in Music Theory forum, asking if it's even valuable to learn it today, people actually arguing it isn't, it's a waste of time. In a hurry to Produce, in an ego trip.
I noticed that people do, in fact, behave that certain way, and remarked on it; this does not say I think that's the way people are. Once upon a time people couldn't even be that way, because you had to show you could do, by definition, there was nowhere to hide. It isn't me or my disposition.

A total waste of time, back to ignore.
Last edited by jancivil on Wed May 08, 2019 4:49 am, edited 5 times in total.

Wait, what? It took that long to respond? Man, you must be desperate to post!!!!!!!!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”