Kontakt 6 is out (or actually, in)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgive me, but, whoop de doo. The only thing I was hoping for was a better core sample library.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

We forgive you.

Thanks. Can I ask a question? Does the HH stand for anything?

Yes you can. No. Harry was reserved, if I remeber correctly (back in 2006), this was one alternative suggested by the Kvr "name engine".

In Australian we like to give everything a nickname. Anyone with a tall hair style is always Harry High Hair. Just wondered. I'm not making fun though. I'm a redhead so the last thing I would do is invoke unwanted hair attention.

Back on K6, great product, love and use K5 all the time. Just don't quite get the joy out of the brass and strings that I'd like. Maybe K7 is my next upgrade.

You can call me Harry High Hair if you will - I know what a endearing mockers you Aussies are. ;-)

What comes to the subject, one improvement I´m expecting of the 6, is a very practical one, namely the ability to "add library" again, which feature disappeared about 16 months ago of the Kontakt 5.

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:15 am What comes to the subject, one improvement I´m expecting of the 6, is a very practical one, namely the ability to "add library" again, which feature disappeared about 16 months ago of the Kontakt 5.
+ 1,000,000

For the user with many sample libraries (and especially with professionals), the ability to manage/move sample libraries *efficiently* is extremely important.

Having to use Native Access to re-download the whole library is one MASSIVE step backward!
You should be able to copy the library wherever desired... and click on Add-Library.
It would be most convenient to have that feature back in Kontakt.
Why not have the Add-Library feature in both Kontakt and Native Access?

We have some clients who've acquired a massive collection of sample libraries (literally takes a couple of weeks to install everything on a new build).
Not having the Add-Library feature is a nightmare for these folks... and those who support them.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Unless you were living under a rock there has been a topic made viewtopic.php?f=42&t=511069

Also its not a host

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:15 am You can call me Harry High Hair if you will - I know what a endearing mockers you Aussies are. ;-)

What comes to the subject, one improvement I´m expecting of the 6, is a very practical one, namely the ability to "add library" again, which feature disappeared about 16 months ago of the Kontakt 5.
They implemented that option in Native Access recently.

Jim Roseberry wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:12 pmHaving to use Native Access to re-download the whole library is one MASSIVE step backward!
You don't have to, there's a Locate feature in Native Access for about 2 months now.

Add Library feature isn't returning to Kontakt, NA will handle these things.

Since I keep my DAW offline for the most part (unless absolutely necessary to be otherwise), Native Abscess is a huge PITA for me. Wish they'd change it.
A well-behaved signature.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:48 pm
Jim Roseberry wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:12 pmHaving to use Native Access to re-download the whole library is one MASSIVE step backward!
You don't have to, there's a Locate feature in Native Access for about 2 months now.

Add Library feature isn't returning to Kontakt, NA will handle these things.
In any case, very bad communication by the NI concerning this "feature", and the (possible/partly) fix of it.
I have not seen any information of this in the NI letters or site. Considering the amount of discourse by the clients 2017-18 of the missing "add library", one could imagine, that NI had communicated the fix in big letters.

I think in Germany HH has quite a different meaning....

Did you know, that in Kazmier Maslanka, NAD means "pig a**hole"? :hyper:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”