Question about avid's cloud

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't have pro tools, but in theory, its possible to find job opportunities (mixing jobs.. compositions and so on..) via avid's cloud?

I guess so:
"Find and connect with amazing music and post-production talent around the world"
"Please note that with Pro Tools | First, you can collaborate freely with anyone who invites you to work on a project, but you will need to purchase an Avid Premium Cloud Plan to initiate an invitation for others to collaborate with you. "

That's the intention, I guess. But how good matching or ability to advertise your service, somebody that use it has to chime in. Maybe running PT1st will tell you, it's free for 16 tracks each and three project as I recall - I think the cloud is the same, but project always saved there, not locally.

You might look at LinkedIn.com as a way to get in contact in a well thought out way. It's well established in comparison.

MySpace.com might be a place as well, to set your credentials to get in contact.

But looking into PT a couple of years ago, their implementation of collaborations seems superior to anything else I saw - good thinking. Basically mark a track as shared, and that is exchanged over the cloud to your collaborators.

alonl6 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:53 pm I don't have pro tools, but in theory, its possible to find job opportunities (mixing jobs.. compositions and so on..) via avid's cloud?
In theory and only there. If you are a professional using ProTools for years you will be known in the business anyway. ProTools is much used and the most complained tool in the industry, not because its bad, because their fraud like attempts to bind you to buy updates. You cannot report bugs without a paid support plan, each time a new OS is arriving its very likely it will break your setup, the fixing update is a paid upgrade coming way too late etc...
Learn your chops on Reaper and all will be good... A lot of professionals are turning away, though the program itself is still the most intuitive I know...
My general advice: stay away from paid clouds and subscription business models...
The basic idea behind the "free" and limited ProTools: you create a brilliant piece and if you want to keep it you have to subscribe or you can just keep the mixdown...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”