Live 10 Lite is out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:tu:

I like the GUI changes they made, BTW. And, Live Lite 9 took ages to start, while 10 boots up very quickly.

pottering wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:41 am Lite and Intro have the Complex Warp modes now.
Do you have 'Intro 10', to confirm?

Lite 10 does have them, but my 'Intro' is still at version 9 so I cannot test. According to this page, Intro does not have these extra modes:

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/compare-editions/

I think complex warp modes were added to Intro as of 10.0.3 so the feature comparison page is probably out of date.

See the following page (the section titled 'Setup'):

https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-10/

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:26 pm
pottering wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:41 am Lite and Intro have the Complex Warp modes now.
Yeah, my Intro 10 has them.

Not strictly related but one of my favourite things about 10 is the ability to stretch clips by dragging them. Little things... :)

swatwork wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:59 pm I think complex warp modes were added to Intro as of 10.0.3 so the feature comparison page is probably out of date.

See the following page (the section titled 'Setup'):

https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-10/

Looks like I might spend some more time learning Lite, and skip Intro (No upgrade path to 10 Lite). Then, if it eventually clicks, I might think about skipping straight to Live (Standard).

GaryG wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:03 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:26 pm
Yeah, my Intro 10 has them.

Not strictly related but one of my favourite things about 10 is the ability to stretch clips by dragging them. Little things... :)
Cheers, man!

Can somebody tell me why the same instruments that used 3% CPU in 9.7 now use like 30% in 10?

Which instruments are that?

Performance seems to be the same here...

I love (appreciate) that the upgrade is free and automatic, but being the stick-in-the-mud...

I just want to know where can I find the Live 9 Lite installation?
one day I was walking on the street and someone saw me, he said "hey man" and I don't remember why I'm telling you this.

BURN-ADDiCT wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:15 amI just want to know where can I find the Live 9 Lite installation?
You can access it from your Ableton account - there should be a link to the download archive.

swatwork wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:06 am You can access it from your Ableton account - there should be a link to the download archive.
Thank You!!
one day I was walking on the street and someone saw me, he said "hey man" and I don't remember why I'm telling you this.

Don‘t remember how I managed to have a Lite 10 licence in my acoount, but I think I start my Live journey now...
PS: I‘m a happy long time Logic Pro user

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:21 pm Don‘t remember how I managed to have a Lite 10 licence in my acoount, but I think I start my Live journey now...
You could use the session view in Live Lite to build 8 tracks loop style,and then export the individual stems to Logic Pro to build a song around.

dellboy wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:44 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:21 pm Don‘t remember how I managed to have a Lite 10 licence in my acoount, but I think I start my Live journey now...
You could use the session view in Live Lite to build 8 tracks loop style,and then export the individual stems to Logic Pro to build a song around.
Sounds good! :tu:
I seldom have more than 8 tracks in my productions because this extensive layering isn‘t my cup of tea. Concentration on the Focus is king IMO.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”