Logic 10.4.2 Has Dropped!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:13 am He can't obtain this, unless someone has a backup image of the installer to give to him. Sierra is no longer available to download, EVEN if the users had downloaded (therefore "bought" it) previously.
Here, directly from Apple
http://osxapps.itunes.apple.com/apple-a ... 146329.pkg
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:31 am
fmr wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:13 am He can't obtain this, unless someone has a backup image of the installer to give to him. Sierra is no longer available to download, EVEN if the users had downloaded (therefore "bought" it) previously.
Here, directly from Apple
http://osxapps.itunes.apple.com/apple-a ... 146329.pkg
:hihi:

On a more positive note, Melodyne + Logic + ARA seems to work very well! I've been watching ARA since it was announced (seven years ago!!), and it has been so frustrating to wait for this thing to finally come to Logic. This is the first time I actually tried it in any software, and it works even better than I imagined. At least so far, I'm sure I will run into bugs and stupid limitations when I get more into real-world use. :D But in any case, not having to manually "transfer" audio between two pieces of software running on the same computer is a great timesaver and makes the workflow so much smoother.

Tronam wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:28 am
W23 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:26 pm I just bought and downloaded Logic over the weekend, and am wondering if there is any way to stop Logic from scanning every single one of my 3rd Party AU plugins (all 132 of them) at start up. It does it at every single time, and it's getting to be a tiny bit annoying. It wants to turn on my Waves NX head tracking utility at start up too. Nice gesture, I guess but, I would really like to be the one who decides when to run Waves NX
I've heard of this behavior before. It was usually either a permissions issue related to the AudioUnits cache or some old Waves waveshells not scanning correctly, so Logic gets stuck in a loop rescannning them on every launch. I would check the caches folder:

~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache

There should be a decently sized com.apple.audiounits.cache file in there. If there isn't or it's 0kb, then maybe something is preventing it from being written. Try deleting the whole AudioUnitCache folder and let Logic recreate it. Maybe that will fix it. Also check ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components to see if there are multiple waveshells present, which can sometimes clash with each other. Over the years I've had to run the Waves AU reg utility to fix issues with their plugins. It used to be found in the Applications/Waves/Waveshells folder.
Ok. I did both of the things you suggested, and it worked! It took a couple of tries. When Logic rescanned my AUs it decided Zt3a+ was incompatible. I just reinstalled it, and ran the plugin manager. Works fine now. I also deleted multiple waveshells (who knows what that was all about)...all except the most recently updated, and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks! I really appreciate your help!

Captain wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:11 pm On a more positive note, Melodyne + Logic + ARA seems to work very well! I've been watching ARA since it was announced (seven years ago!!), and it has been so frustrating to wait for this thing to finally come to Logic. This is the first time I actually tried it in any software, and it works even better than I imagined. At least so far, I'm sure I will run into bugs and stupid limitations when I get more into real-world use. :D But in any case, not having to manually "transfer" audio between two pieces of software running on the same computer is a great timesaver and makes the workflow so much smoother.
I'm seeing serious issues about it over at LPHelp.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Posting this in case anyone has the same issue, might save a bit of aggravation:

When using the "move sound library" option (under Mojave at least), if you're not an administrator, it will throw an obscure error and refuse to work. However, once you do the move from an administrator account, you can use a regular account to install new libraries and they will be downloaded to the new location.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:46 pm
Captain wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:11 pm On a more positive note, Melodyne + Logic + ARA seems to work very well! I've been watching ARA since it was announced (seven years ago!!), and it has been so frustrating to wait for this thing to finally come to Logic. This is the first time I actually tried it in any software, and it works even better than I imagined. At least so far, I'm sure I will run into bugs and stupid limitations when I get more into real-world use. :D But in any case, not having to manually "transfer" audio between two pieces of software running on the same computer is a great timesaver and makes the workflow so much smoother.
I'm seeing serious issues about it over at LPHelp.
Used the ARA version of Melodyne inside Logic for the first time today and I'm getting a lot of loud "thumps" when stopping transport or even quitting Logic. Functionality is fine though and I much appreciate the time saving aspect of ARA. But something is wrong and needs to be ironed out here.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”