Reason 10.2 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

WOW, im actually really tempted to compose solely within reason instead of using it for rewire etc. these updates are a game changer for me

I know it probably won’t arrive in a 0.1 update, but high resolution interface please!

sureno wrote:WOW, im actually really tempted to compose solely within reason instead of using it for rewire etc. these updates are a game changer for me
Change that game baby!!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

EnochLight wrote:In before the haters post "it took 18 years for Reason to get X features that every other DAW has?" blah blah blah.. XD :lol: :lol: :lol: :party:

On a serious note, these are some nice additions. Just really can't wait for the VST-performance fix that's coming later this year.
Ripping out the rack and replacing it with nodes would be a good start...oh wait.. that's what Studio One 3 / 4 has.... ahem.. also :D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:26 am
EnochLight wrote:In before the haters post "it took 18 years for Reason to get X features that every other DAW has?" blah blah blah.. XD :lol: :lol: :lol: :party:

On a serious note, these are some nice additions. Just really can't wait for the VST-performance fix that's coming later this year.
Ripping out the rack and replacing it with nodes would be a good start...oh wait.. that's what Studio One 3 / 4 has.... ahem.. also :D
Lol! ScottyM - still trolling Reason threads even after all these years of switching to Studio One. You're adorable! :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:35 pm Lol! ScottyM - still trolling Reason threads even after all these years of switching to Studio One. You're adorable! :party:
I'm having a hard time trying to sell these rack extensions on the black market since the switch, nobody wants them..maybe I'll have a better time trying to sell them in the propellerhead shop...by the time Reason 10.3 comes out... maybe I'll meet bavanity there in the cue...it's been years since we last had a chat... :D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

jbw wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:32 am I know it probably won’t arrive in a 0.1 update, but high resolution interface please!
This. Hoping we don't have to wait until version 11 for it, but something tells me it'll be an 11.x update. Or 12. :o
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:50 pm
jbw wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:32 am I know it probably won’t arrive in a 0.1 update, but high resolution interface please!
This. Hoping we don't have to wait until version 11 for it, but something tells me it'll be an 11.x update. Or 12. :o
Should’ve been several versions ago. Starting to feel like never.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

With this update they've brought back two of the three things that could get me to jump back to my former favorite DAW playground:

-Start on Stop
-Adjusting multiple mix channels at the same time

Now just add automation curves and I'll take a serious look.

Good to see they are concentrating on workflow improvements and not gimmicks though.

budsticky wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:51 pm -Adjusting multiple mix channels at the same time
Now that's one that I really like also. Huge addition!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

nice update...thx propellerheads

Orbit-50 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:37 pm
budsticky wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:51 pm -Adjusting multiple mix channels at the same time
Now that's one that I really like also. Huge addition!
I can't for the life of me understand why MAJORITY of users are most thrilled by this particular feature...

For me, when several tracks are meant to be in the same relative volume to each other, then I'll bus them and I can use bus fader to effectively adjust overall volume of those tracks. I can also bus the buses, if necessary. For any other combination the relationship is not relative, so I wouldn't even want to move several faders at once.

But then my projects rarely go over 20-25 tracks and others often brag about 100+ tracks projects, so it's probably about easier/faster workflow :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:37 pm But then my projects rarely go over 20-25 tracks and others often brag about 100+ tracks projects, so it's probably about easier/faster workflow :)

Even if you are creating 100 track projects, selecting multiple faders like this and moving them, is sorta like putting the cart before the horse in practicality. It's much better to have any multiple selected tracks to be controlled vie a single VCA fader which you only need to select and adjust once, once they are assigned, and because you've assigned a VCA to them, it also helps identify what faders you have changed. The most important aspects for any big 100 track productions though is 'Folder Tracks', and to have a great overview of faders that can be seen and adjusted at a minimal width that you can toggle / adjust.

Did Props implement VCA faders ? I can't find anything that indicates they have on my searches. I do know that Reason still doesn't have 'Folder Tracks', and that the SSL Mixer channel strips still don't provide a minimal fader strip view. Studio One introduced VCA's later in the 3.0 cycle of free updates, but it was the two other features that sold me for what I wanted to do.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:40 pm Did Props implement VCA faders ? I can't find anything that indicates they have on my searches.
Your choice is currently: assign any faders you want to an Output Bus group, or select any multiple faders at the same time and control them with any one of the faders that are selected in that group to scale. There currently is no VCA type fader control in Reason's mixer, not that I've ever missed it (and yeah, I own Studio One as well). :party:
THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:40 pm I do know that Reason still doesn't have 'Folder Tracks', and that the SSL Mixer channel strips still don't provide a minimal fader strip view.
Correct - no folder tracks at this time, but a minimal fader strip view can be obtained on a single display by resizing your mixer window, or selecting various show/hide sections on the right panel:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EnochLight wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:40 pm Did Props implement VCA faders ? I can't find anything that indicates they have on my searches.
Your choice is currently: assign any faders you want to an Output Bus group, or select any multiple faders at the same time and control them with any one of the faders that are selected in that group to scale. There currently is no VCA type fader control in Reason's mixer, not that I've ever missed it (and yeah, I own Studio One as well). :party:
THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:40 pm I do know that Reason still doesn't have 'Folder Tracks', and that the SSL Mixer channel strips still don't provide a minimal fader strip view.
Correct - no folder tracks at this time, but a minimal fader strip view can be obtained on a single display by resizing your mixer window, or selecting various show/hide sections on the right panel:
I didn't think Reason was able to yet provide VCA's, but wasn't 100% certain on that, probably because it was the yellow bussing fader I recalled from years ago being implemented..

Sound on Sound has a couple of interesting article's on VCA's through, one from 2008 on Pro Tools... and even one relating to Studio One 3.2... as shown below. I've found VCA's particularly useful for controlling drums and percussion on tracks and synths that I've combined.

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... -32-update

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”