Reason 10.2 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

We're very happy to announce that Reason 10.2 is now available! This free update for Reason 10 (and Intro and Lite) includes several new workflow features based on your feedback. Said another way: making music in Reason just got a whole lot faster. Just start Reason 10 and auto-update to get all the new features.

Reason 10.2 introduces new features like Multi Lane Editing for MIDI, adaptive snap to grid, improved navigation, a new tutorial area to help you get started, adjust multiple faders, solo and mute in the mixer and more for a faster, more streamlined workflow.

These features represent our ongoing commitment to your music-making—making it faster, easier and more natural. Together with the features in version 10 and 10.1, Reason 10 truly is the biggest upgrade we've ever done.

Now, make some music while we continue to improve Reason!

Mattias Häggström Gerdt
Reason Product Manager
https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/reason-102-here

https://youtu.be/FxxYxlfRxLI
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

In before the haters post "it took 18 years for Reason to get X features that every other DAW has?" blah blah blah.. XD :lol: :lol: :lol: :party:

On a serious note, these are some nice additions. Just really can't wait for the VST-performance fix that's coming later this year.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

RETURN TO START POSITION ON STOP!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! Now I can finally use my beloved Reason for more than a day or two!!!!!!

And..as an added bonus, I can enjoy all the other cool features that they threw in along with it. Thank you Propellerhead!!!!! Thank you!!!!! I just won the lottery with this one.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:
I feel you :D

Awesome workflow update :love:

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:
I feel you :D

Awesome workflow update :love:
Yeah, I was enjoying the video saying to myself, "yeah wow, cool stuff man, but they'll just never do the cursor return thing" and then boom! It was there.

This is particularly huge for me, because I have always loved Propellerhead from head to toe, but this feature omission what the only thing that made Reason extremely unpractical to use, for me anyway. I've always been bummed out by that. Now I can finally immerse myself into Reason without getting that bad taste in my mouth.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Yup. Spammed Mattias via here, Reasontalk and Twitter about returning cursor. Now it there. Job accomplished! :P Now I need to same thing with midichase :lol:

Orbit-50 wrote:RETURN TO START POSITION ON STOP!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! Now I can finally use my beloved Reason for more than a day or two!!!!!!

And..as an added bonus, I can enjoy all the other cool features that they threw in along with it. Thank you Propellerhead!!!!! Thank you!!!!! I just won the lottery with this one.
I got so many people on KVR saying that they'd buy Reason if this features was in there so I kind of HAD to prioritize it. :wink:

Jokes aside, glad you like it. We do scour most places on the internet for user feedback so there's no coincidence that it's been talked about here (and other places!) and then implemented. But there's more useful stuff in there too. :party:

Nice update :)

BTW, before the inevitable post asking about it, you can completely remove the tutorial bar via the Options menu.

Anosou wrote: Jokes aside, glad you like it. We do scour most places on the internet for user feedback so there's no coincidence that it's been talked about here (and other places!) and then implemented.
Thank you guys so much for adding it! I will follow one Swedish custom for one day in appreciation. I gotta look one up though, because I don't know any off hand because I'm stupid like that. :hihi:
Anosou wrote:But there's more useful stuff in there too.
Definitely. That's the stuff I'll also totally enjoy during the "Return Cursor To Start Position On Stop" after party. No one has no idea how happy I am with this.

Well, maybe keel does. :hihi:

Multi Editing!
It would be even better if the ghosted notes would keep their own Clip color.
Minor observation.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Orbit-50 wrote:RETURN TO START POSITION ON STOP!!!!!!!

I was about to post pretty much exactly the same thing, on top of the fix to this crazy-making quirk everything else is a nice freebie. :party:

esselfortium wrote:Nice update :)

BTW, before the inevitable post asking about it, you can completely remove the tutorial bar via the Options menu.
Options -> Always show tutorial area

Winstontaneous wrote: I was about to post pretty much exactly the same thing, on top of the fix to this crazy-making quirk everything else is a nice freebie. :party:
Yeah man!

Enjoy REASON!

excellent example why the workflow is the uber alles, very good update
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”