Bitwig vs Logic

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bbreakz wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:38 pm Do any of you who have used Ableton and Bitwig for a decent amount of time notice the sub bass in Bitwig doesn't push as deep as when working with Ableton? Operator in Ableton feels much deeper/subbier than when I use any* bass synth in Bitwig. I've been a/bing for quite a while now. I own both.
I have never been a big fan of bitwigs synths (new sampler is awesome though!). However Phase-4 is very cool and powerful and I’ve been meaning to dive deeper into it but haven’t had the chance yet. So I’m not sure if the bass isn’t as deep or what that might sound like. But there are so many synths out there that are great at bass that I don’t really care.

I don't use the Bitwig synths for bass... so cannot comment on them. Bazille will shake the foundations of the house in Bitwig.

Concerning the clip launch function:
Perhaps Native Instruments Maschine environment offers all someone needs within Logic. That investment would be a bit smaller and comes with an easier learning curve than adding Bitwig or Live to my existing Logic environment.

Hardware integration is irrelevant for me.
MPE seems to work in Logic as well.

So all in all I tend to use Maschine to trigger creativity through yet unused gear. Am I something missing?

Bitwig is about the Unified Modulation System
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEioSscCr4w
building instruments and fx chains like on the video above simply not possible in Logic

Bitwig 2.4 finally able to handle notes with different MIDI channels so all the device racks can be triggered differently inside a track (audio tracks also supports CC based automations curves, so fx devices can be put onto audio tracks nicely (also from 2.4))
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

masterhiggins wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:17 am
Carpenter wrote:Bitwig doesn't require you to buy a VERY expensive dongle, called a Mac.

I say this as someone who uses a Mac and would never think of getting locked into the Logic paradigm.

I don't even install the AU version of any plugins I own. I want to be able to migrate all of my projects to Windows in the future. The cost of my current Macbook Pro was SO INSANE that I have buyers remorse. When it's time for this machine to be replaced, I will not be replacing it with another Mac. Apple has gone absolutely nutso with the pricing. And don't even get me started on the many gripes I have with this very expensive machine.

The last thing I would want to do is get used to and fall in love with ANY Mac only application.
Clearly you make bad decisions. Why would we take advice from you?
Because he's got a point. A new Mac can cost as much as a new car.

Kinh wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:09 pm
masterhiggins wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:17 am
Carpenter wrote:Bitwig doesn't require you to buy a VERY expensive dongle, called a Mac.

I say this as someone who uses a Mac and would never think of getting locked into the Logic paradigm.

I don't even install the AU version of any plugins I own. I want to be able to migrate all of my projects to Windows in the future. The cost of my current Macbook Pro was SO INSANE that I have buyers remorse. When it's time for this machine to be replaced, I will not be replacing it with another Mac. Apple has gone absolutely nutso with the pricing. And don't even get me started on the many gripes I have with this very expensive machine.

The last thing I would want to do is get used to and fall in love with ANY Mac only application.
Clearly you make bad decisions. Why would we take advice from you?
Because he's got a point. A new Mac can cost as much as a new car.
I have to repeat:

This thread was created to learn about the differences of Bitwig and Logic. It was NOT created for Apple bashing.

I recommend to create a separate thread for such a topic if it‘s that urgent. It will surely find its fans and contributors.

I will not be among them.

Thanks.

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:46 am Concerning the clip launch function:
Perhaps Native Instruments Maschine environment offers all someone needs within Logic. That investment would be a bit smaller and comes with an easier learning curve than adding Bitwig or Live to my existing Logic environment.

Hardware integration is irrelevant for me.
MPE seems to work in Logic as well.

So all in all I tend to use Maschine to trigger creativity through yet unused gear. Am I something missing?
Maybe you don't need anything at all.

The things that Bitwig offers that Logic doesn't have been stated in this thread. Maschine does not cover it... not even close. That doesn't mean you need those things.

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:12 pm
I have to repeat:

This thread was created to learn about the differences of Bitwig and Logic. It was NOT created for Apple bashing.

I recommend to create a separate thread for such a topic if it‘s that urgent. It will surely find its fans and contributors.

I will not be among them.

Thanks.
To be fair, comparing Logic to Bitwig is like comparing apples with oranges, and you're not seeing automated comments from computers, but actual humans with real emotions. I mean, have you taken it upon yourself to actually use these programs and make the comparisons to form your own judgement ? If you are picking a daw based purely on others opinions, then that may not turn out well or as you expected... Only you can really judge.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:13 pm To be fair, comparing Logic to Bitwig is like comparing apples with oranges
No, it's not.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:30 pm So many guys sing the praising chorus of Bitwig. I‘m on LogicPro for years and I‘m happy with it. Just out of curiosity: what would Bitwig give me that Logic doesn‘t have?
Chorus

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:41 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:30 pm So many guys sing the praising chorus of Bitwig. I‘m on LogicPro for years and I‘m happy with it. Just out of curiosity: what would Bitwig give me that Logic doesn‘t have?
Chorus
Endless modulation, controller scripts, phase 4, vst support, better MPE integration now. With instrument layers its now a snap to turn any instrument into MPE.

What you get with Logic, what Bitwig doesn‘t have: a bunch of brilliant plug-ins, AU support, tempo mapping, scripter plug-in, the environment (though complicated - since Logic 3 I call the program rather unlogic...; - )

To get point one and two into Bitwig: I load them into Mainstage and send them to Bitwig... for point 5 and 6 I use Max/MSP...

Sorry, guys, two times I asked for not derailing this thread with Apple bashing.
In vain. That‘s disrespectful and boring.
Therefore I lock this thread. Shame on you!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”