Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

10.3 and 10.4 both dropped in january

My vote goes for 10.5, not 11.

i agree

So do you guys n gals think its likely they will force mojave with the update like with final cut?

possible, they forced HS last time around.

No, I ran X.4 just fine on Sierra. I decided to go to Mojave because the new file system is fixed for my Fusion Drive. You will probably need HS for X.5.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Oopsy, i meant Sierra; 10.3 is the last version for El Cap

The Logic team have always been pretty good at trying to maintain compatibility for older OS versions. My guess would be that 10.5, if that's what's released next, will still support Sierra, unless they need to implement something mandated by Apple that requires a later OS. It's possible they might make HS a new minimum though, and I hope that's not the case...

Hopefully, we'll know soon. I just wish Apple would stomp on more bugs before moving to a new iteration, which often breaks something or other.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

If you’re affected by a bug, report it to Apple. With each of the previous releases, a staggering number of issues was solved. Have you read any of the release notes? They’re miles long.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Yep, and I've also noted that things that were supposed to have been fixed were still broken. LPHelp is very helpful in that regard.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

C'mon Apple, do it today! :D

trancema wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:06 pm C'mon Apple, do it today! :D
I know right? :hyper:

Totally! :hyper: :clap: :party: Can someone plz post here as soon as it drops? Not at my computer atm :help:

Hope it will be today. NAMM is already live.. so what they are waiting for :scared:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”