Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
Sascha Franck
KVRAF
12532 posts since 14 Nov, 2000 from Hannover / Germany

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:47 am

People won't have to go to court because they're using Apple Loops. Never. Ever.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Passing Bye
KVRian
817 posts since 5 Nov, 2014

Re: Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:58 am

You get copyright claim for the take down (other side doesn't want to monetize your video) and if You Tube doesn't accept your dispute (which happens a lot), next is to go to court.
Last edited by Passing Bye on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Googly Smythe wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:39 am
Somedays it seems like we're not allowed to dislike anything.

Sascha Franck
KVRAF
12532 posts since 14 Nov, 2000 from Hannover / Germany

Re: Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:21 am

Passing Bye wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:58 am
You get copyright claim for the take down (other side doesn't want to monetize your video) and You Tube doesn't accept your dispute by default, next is to go to court.
Well, you can do that without any problems. Any lawer familiar with copyrights and multimedia would happily take the job, believe me. In case someone's claiming copyrights because you've used Apple Loops, any decent lawer will sue their a**es big time. And no, it doesn't matter that it's YouTube because in this case there's no way not to win.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Passing Bye
KVRian
817 posts since 5 Nov, 2014

Re: Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:33 am

But you will go on court, which you claim you wouldn't ever, but right now You Tube algorithm is out of control and you get claim for all sort of things, if you don't believe me, explore that on You Tube, plenty of content creators have all sort of issues with copyright claims last half of a year.

I just brought up one issue with drum loops, if you don't believe me or think it's not an issue or you have the time to deal with courts, disputes and whatever, your thing, I just passed my observation, that's all, happy for you, not happy for current occurrence.

Have a good time, I'm out!
Googly Smythe wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:39 am
Somedays it seems like we're not allowed to dislike anything.

Sascha Franck
KVRAF
12532 posts since 14 Nov, 2000 from Hannover / Germany

Re: Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:38 am

No, you still don't *have* to go to court, which I thought this was about.
And I'm absolutely aware of how much YTs algorithms suck. We just had this massive discussion about the new european copyright law, content and upload filters. It's all just done wrong (even if the intentions might be right).
However, seriously, you can't be sued or taken to court for using Apple Loops. And if you experience troubles, you can start a lawsuit anytime. Sure, it'll take time to deal with something like that, but in the end there's no risk (unless you did something else as well).
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRAF
3334 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:28 am

Sascha Franck wrote:However, seriously, you can't be sued or taken to court for using Apple Loops. And if you experience troubles, you can start a lawsuit anytime. Sure, it'll take time to deal with something like that, but in the end there's no risk (unless you did something else as well).
I would suggest it won't even take time to deal with it. While I'm not a lawyer, I have worked with lawyers quite a bit in different capacities, and in one job the company had a copyright lawyer on retainer to deal with the amount of crap people tried through automated processes.

She advised that to keep legal costs down that the company (it was a relatively small start up company) should review the language of correspondence, and unless the language explicitly stated that legal proceedings have begun that a file should be opened for each supposed litigant and ignored until they actually did something. Her take on it was that more than 90% of correspondence is sent with zero intention of ever suing anyone, as it's cheaper to send out ambiguously worded automated letters than it is to get a lawyer to review every case.

jonljacobi
KVRian
1135 posts since 16 Jan, 2013 from USA

Re: Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:23 pm

"Sample Content. The Apple Software may contain sample content including but not limited to artwork, audio files, audio loops, built-in sound files, graphics, images, impulse responses, photographs, samples, sound sets, sound settings, video files, or similar assets (“Sample Content”). This Sample Content is proprietary to Apple and/or its licensors, and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright. Except as otherwise provided, all Sample Content included in the Apple Software may be used on a royalty-free basis to create your own original soundtracks for your film, video and audio projects. You may broadcast and/or distribute your own soundtracks that were created using the Sample Content, however, individual Sample Content assets may not be commercially or otherwise distributed on a standalone basis, nor may they be repackaged in whole or in part as audio samples, clipart, music beds, sound effects, sound files, sound libraries, stock animation, or similar assets."

This is from the LPX license agreement. Pretty clear. As long as you don't upload the raw loops and stuff, you're fine. Perhaps that's what the pop-up meant. I have not seen it.

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
18941 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:09 am

Unless the entity abusing YT w the claim to Apple Loops is comprised of all complete idiots, the chances are really high that a mere dispute will make the threat go away.
Now, I would advise an intelligent wording of the dispute...

I've had two different entities try it with me with material owned by Warner/BMG and unlike my Fair Use with them I told them they had no claim. No response. After 3 wks they default. I uploaded the video in two subsequent revisions so this exact sequence of events occurred three times in all.

Passing Bye
KVRian
817 posts since 5 Nov, 2014

Re: Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Post Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Googly Smythe wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:39 am
Somedays it seems like we're not allowed to dislike anything.

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRAF
3334 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Post Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Someone really needs to change the title of this thread...

jonljacobi
KVRian
1135 posts since 16 Jan, 2013 from USA

Re: Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Post Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:49 pm

Lock it and file it away.

User avatar
masterhiggins
KVRAF
2102 posts since 31 Dec, 2004 from People's Republic of Minnesota

Re: Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Post Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Forgotten wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:35 pm
Someone really needs to change the title of this thread...
Agreed. It's annoying as hell.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”