Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

Well, let's all just be happy that they are doing SOMETHING>...just a few years ago logic went without an update for like 3 or 4 YEARS! Apple is doing some weird stuff. I really don't get that company. All the money in the world and they can't get the GUI's updated on all their instruments?

The included synths are NOT that great compared to what's available. They are coasting on nostalgia at this point. Also, why haven't they updated the drummer and sampler yet? Why have all that money in the bank if you don't give your teams enough resources to execute with excellence.

AND....Logic's audio engine sucks! It loads on one core instead of distributing the workload. It overloads too easily. Sometimes the audio cuts out if you press the arm button while a project is playing (on an audio track). There are delays when you change audio parameters.
'
I started on Cubase but switched to Logic when I got a Mac. I'm HAPPY the Logic team has some gumption now...but Cubase 10 looks IMPRESSIVE>..

SpiderMix
Defender of Quality
:)
Custom Built MacPro (SpiderMac) Intel Q9450-OC 3.5ghz, 8GB RAM, 1.5TB Hard Drive, Dual 24" LCD Monitors, Focusrite Saffire Audio Interface, Axiom 61 Controller, Roland Fantom G7 Workstation.

I currently made the switch to Ableton from Logic due to its workflow. I still plan on using Logic for mixing/mastering.

Also, I really don't like how Apple is trying to make its own GPU's and CPU's...

I have no issues with how Logic distributes its tasks. My only issue with Apple at this point is how they tie updates to OS updates that, for me, have proven problematic in the past. I expect I am not going to go further than Mojave on this computer, so I'm good for the next two rounds of big updates, if history is an indicator.

Spidermix, 8 gigs RAM these days is a little low. :shrug:
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

spidermix wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:31 pmAll the money in the world and they can't get the GUI's updated on all their instruments?
Over the last few years they've been adding features and squashing bugs at a rate which seems to eclipse most other DAW's out there...For free. And that's not enough for you??

Money's not the issue. The bottleneck is quality control and beta testing, which is great for those of us that would rather they strike the balance between stability and new shit. There are people who rely on Logic for professional use, and would be much happier that no downtime is incurred 'cause some folks can't get by with what's currently on offer. And, of course, there are some of us who happen to think the included synths are really good. Nothing to stop you making up the supposed 'lack' elsewhere :shrug:

Regarding the missing Gui refreshes: Why would you be demanding Gui refreshes while at the same time bemoaning the lack of instrument updates? What would be the point of slapping a new skin on exs24II when it is surely (They didn't acquire the Redmatica dude just to add auto-sampling to Garageband) one of the assets that is begging for a complete overhaul; Ditto that for Ultrabeat.

And I think Alchemy is great.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Bombadil wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:59 pm And I think Alchemy is great.
More than great: extraordinary! :tu:

And Sculpture still has no VST equivalent!

v1o wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:45 pm Has anyone ever leaked the names of external contractors who make content for Logic Pro? There's just so much stuff that comes with Logic and yet the never credit anybody.
Whaddya mean? Every single Drummer has a name. :lol:

I know that Joe Gore (who has played guitar with Tom Waits & PJ Harvey, among others) worked on amp/pedalboard modeling and sound design in Logic.

Winstontaneous wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:17 pm
v1o wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:45 pm Has anyone ever leaked the names of external contractors who make content for Logic Pro? There's just so much stuff that comes with Logic and yet the never credit anybody.
Whaddya mean? Every single Drummer has a name. :lol:

I know that Joe Gore (who has played guitar with Tom Waits & PJ Harvey, among others) worked on amp/pedalboard modeling and sound design in Logic.
That’s pretty cool. But they should at least credit people.

Apparently Chromaverb was made by Camel Audio in the uk.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:50 pm
spidermix wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:31 pmAll the money in the world and they can't get the GUI's updated on all their instruments?
Over the last few years they've been adding features and squashing bugs at a rate which seems to eclipse most other DAW's out there...For free. And that's not enough for you??

Money's not the issue. The bottleneck is quality control and beta testing, which is great for those of us that would rather they strike the balance between stability and new shit. There are people who rely on Logic for professional use, and would be much happier that no downtime is incurred 'cause some folks can't get by with what's currently on offer. And, of course, there are some of us who happen to think the included synths are really good. Nothing to stop you making up the supposed 'lack' elsewhere :shrug:

Regarding the missing Gui refreshes: Why would you be demanding Gui refreshes while at the same time bemoaning the lack of instrument updates? What would be the point of slapping a new skin on exs24II when it is surely (They didn't acquire the Redmatica dude just to add auto-sampling to Garageband) one of the assets that is begging for a complete overhaul; Ditto that for Ultrabeat.
How many “years” does it take to update GUI’S that are completely not in line with the rest of the program? You’re presenting a false choice. It’s not one or the other. It’s about making cohesive software. Period.

SpiderMix
Custom Built MacPro (SpiderMac) Intel Q9450-OC 3.5ghz, 8GB RAM, 1.5TB Hard Drive, Dual 24" LCD Monitors, Focusrite Saffire Audio Interface, Axiom 61 Controller, Roland Fantom G7 Workstation.

I would be happy if Apple would fix the damn UI bugs. Simple things, like: Make tempo curve copy and paste work correctly (only workaround is option-drag). Fix broken mouse pointer indicators when trying to loop or extend clips (this one requires a restart when it randomly starts happening).

spidermix wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:31 pm

How many “years” does it take to update GUI’S that are completely not in line with the rest of the program? You’re presenting a false choice. It’s not one or the other. It’s about making cohesive software. Period.

SpiderMix
You are right. Plugin GUI s are all over the place. 3 different generations. No consistency at all. But I guess all the old ones will have updated functionality so they hold it till then.

spidermix wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:31 pmHow many “years” does it take to update GUI’S that are completely not in line with the rest of the program?

SpiderMix
I'll let you know once they have finished them all... :wink:

spidermix wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:31 pm

SpiderMix
The gui's that need changing are for the plugins that need major structural overhauls. So, once again, why would they stick a new coat of paint on something that needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up??

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”