Wusik P2000 Released - The Ultimate MIDI/Notes Processor and Plugin Chainer.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wusik P2000 Released
The Ultimate MIDI/Notes Processor and Plugin Chainer. Windows and OSX support (32/64 bits).

https://youtu.be/bLLfs0TAH0E

Official Product Page
http://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/products/wusik-p2000

What can you do with Wusik P2000?

- Bridge 32 bits plugins into 64 bits hosts (Windows)
- Use the Stand Alone Application for Live Projects (Win/OSX)
- Create complex live rigs using the multiple MIDI Processors, such as Key Switching, Chords & Strum, Crossfader, ... See full list below.
- Load FXB/FXP files into any plugin.

Download The User Manual:
http://wusik.com/wusik%20p2000/Wusik%20 ... Manual.pdf

List of MIDI Processors

- Key and Velocity Zone Split - so you can assign different sections of your MIDI Keyboard for each instrument.
- Key Switching - allows you to switch from one instrument to another one using a set of keys you define. It can also work in Hold mode, so it will switch to that instrument as long as you keep holding the note.
- Round Robin - you set multiple instruments and each note will go to a different one, in a circular way.
- Transpose - pitch up or down all input notes, single notes or whole octaves.
- Sticky Keys - will hold keys and works in two ways: holds all keys until you press a defined key; holds keys until you press those again to release
- Chords & Strum - record chords to be played with single keys. Optional strumming velocity and progression. Plus, looping of chords when using the strum option.
- Crossfader - allows you to crossfade from one track to another, with support to up to 99 tracks sequentially.
- Note Delay - adds a delay to all notes, with the option to transpose the delayed note and echo the original note. Plus, feedback on the delay, creating sequential delays.
- Plugin Sequencer - allows you to create complex sequences using multiple instrument plugins (like a Wave Sequencer but with Plugins).

Cheers, WilliamK

Made this while testing Wusik P2000 demo. Sounded cool so I recorded my short improvisation.

https://soundcloud.com/second-escape/wusik-p2000-demo

Image cover is the settings I used, here in text:
2 instances of Mangle, granular sampler, with crossfader midi builtin plugin. Using modwheel to crossfade from 1 instance sound to the other during recording.
3 instances of Vember audio Surge with randomly selected pad presets. All 3 of them has builtin midi processor plugin sequencer. I think there were 5 slots inside in order: slot 1,2,3,2,3.
Holding about 5 white keys across octaves, no change, during recording.
There are some digital artefacts you can hear especially in 1/4 of audio. Not use if its Surge or P2000 itself but there wasnt any cliping in any part of processing chain, as I could see. Decided to leave it because its a demo anyway.
p.s. Although you can see delay on master in the pic I dont think I used it during recording.

Oh yeah, very nice, thanks! :hug:

Has anyone used this? Any thoughts?
This isn't what you think.

I'm biased, but I wonder, what do you want to know? For stand-alone operation is great, as it features a live project selector so you can setup multiple project files and have those loaded up using the MIDI keyboard. But maybe you could ask some questions and I will try to reply?

Cheers

skank wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:18 am Has anyone used this? Any thoughts?
I think there is, or at least there was, free demo which doesn't save. You can try it without any other limitations.

My experience: I use Kushview Element for chaining, much easier workflow for me but p2000 can do that too.
Crossfader midi builtin plugin can be done using midi cc and learning normal and inverted ranges in your synths for volume but its much easier in p2000.
Midi processor plugin sequencer is unique to p2000. Can be done with somewhat complex routings, like I think pizmidi has something like roundrobin which sends each new note to different midi channel but its way easier in p2000.
Bridging, somewhat buggy for me. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, sometimes crash app even though it seemed to be working.
I wish William add option to disable bridging in plugin manager.
So, overall, my opinion is that its nice for creative usage.
Important note: I installed today latest v1.0.6 but havent tested yet. Maybe bridging is better now. This all is for v1.00 (I think).
Best to try yourself: https://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/download-demo

@WilliamK Installed today new v1.0.6 and notice something that might interest you. Default offered installation location for vst3 x64 is wrong for Windows, it should be in C/Program Files/Common Files/vst3. Might confuse some ppl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh, thanks, will fix this soon. Also, the bridging code is shared with Wusik X42, so I will update Wusik P2000 with this new code soon. Which runs better (I think).

P2000 is great, William. I do have a request though. Would it be possible to chain just VST fx? Right now it looks like its just instruments with 1 effect at a time.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

You should be able to add effects to the Master section. :cool:

Thanks William. I shouldve thought about that.

Hi William, 2-ish questions.

1. In addition to "Round Robin", will you add a "Randomizer" which will play the note from randomly chosen instruments that are loaded (one after the other)? Or is this feature already added, but inside any of the other midi processors?

2. Since both P2000 and X42 can bridge 32/64 bit plugins, as well as VST2/VST3, even though X42 also creates a dummy file that can be loaded separately in any DAW, and both P2000 and X42 have the midi processors. What are the bigger differences between the two? And how will the midi processors work in X42?

I think P2000 would be more for me, but the only two features I probably would use myself (are the Round Robin, and "Randomizer" (explained in question 1).
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

NM

My last and maybe final wish for P2000 would be for multi output for my sampler plugins. Besides that this is one of the best purchases Ive made all year!

EDIT: One more to add... when we save FXP presets, it would be nice to be able to rename it in the browser as well.

:hug: I'm listening, please, remind me when I work on the next update. I will start that in a couple of weeks. :cool:

Cheers

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”