General questions on Reaper

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

digitalboytn wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I finally bought Reaper, will download the latest version tomorrow. I want to do a clean new install.
It will take you hours to download that installer :lol:
Then,another few hours to install it :(
[sarcasm-mode off] --> You know: It will be only seconds! :D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I know.....

That's one of the amazing things about Reaper....

It is so tightly coded that you blink your eyes and it's all done :wink:
No auto tune...

What is that Rearoute ASIO driver which is the only item not selected for installation?
Is it a normal ASIO driver as an alternative to the ASIO4ALL that I am using? Does it work better or worse? Or should I simply not install Rearoute as the default setting suggests?

If you have ASIO4ALL, it should be obsolete.

fluffy_little_something wrote:It's version 5.80 now, any idea when one can buy version 6? I am basically waiting for the switch, because waiting just a few more weeks can translate to 2 more years of free updates...
by fluffy_little_something; Thu May 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Whoa! What happened?
REAPER is at version 5.94 now.
From version 5.80 to 5.94 took 3 months and 8 days. That's 14 updates.
There's only 6 more updates till Version 6.0.

How come you changed your mind? :o
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Because a potential year to wait until it's version 6 isn't worth the waiting? :P

Yes, amazing how small the download is, and it makes sense given the frequent updates. I would not want to update Ableton every other week or so :hihi:

VST scan took just a few seconds, no freezing or other problem :tu:

harryupbabble wrote:There's only 6 more updates till Version 6.0.
Not if they start fractalizing, like they did when Reaper was around v3.14. Then we had v3.141, then v3.1415, then v3.14159...

:)

EvilDragon wrote:...then v3.14159...
lol

Yes, I am getting old and can't wait months or even a year for a new version of a software anymore...
Death might be just around the corner 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Yes, I am getting old and can't wait months or even a year for a new version of a software anymore...
Death might be just around the corner 8)
True. But what if you have some kind of longevity gene? Like this guy seem to have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

I seriously doubt it :D

Keep an open mind
Stay relaxed
Join the Reaper forum ( best on the net )
read the manual
Watch the vids that you need.
let it work for you.
Enjoyy a flexable, stable and efficient DAW
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

EvilDragon wrote:
Then we had v3.141, then v3.1415, then v3.14159...

:)
Hoooh, somewhere I've seen these numbers already ... :?:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

fluffy_little_something wrote:What is that Rearoute ASIO driver which is the only item not selected for installation?
Is it a normal ASIO driver as an alternative to the ASIO4ALL that I am using? Does it work better or worse? Or should I simply not install Rearoute as the default setting suggests?
Rearoute is a Reaper/Windows specific driver that allows routing from other applications into Reaper. You choose your hardware interface in Reaper and then choose the Rearoute driver in your other application. You now have an audio conduit between the two applications.

Does ASIO4All do this? If it does, I don't know, I don't use it that often.

In my experience Rearoute is very stable and I always install it, but, I have more than a few uses for it because of the kinds of things that I like to do. Usually this involves the use of other standalone applications that support ASIO but that I don't want to mix from, or, Reaper has some advantage, e.g., as a ninjam client.

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/route-master

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”