Cubase 10?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LeVzi wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:37 am You say it's worth it but why ? From 9.5 to 10 i've not seen anyone say "Wow this is invaluable"
I switched from Ableton to Cubase due to the 10 release. The introduction of the VR workflow is an industry first and a potential game changer for anyone working with immersive audio. At the moment there is nothing that compares on the market (with the exception of Nuendo, obviously). Available only in the pro version only though (and it unfortunately still has a few quirks/bugs).
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Sis I read apple and ethics in the same sentence. ..move alng now.
I'm a serious note I don't feel the 80 is wasted. Personal taste re guide updates qhich I like and feel are more simplified. The vst3 routing for sidechainnis a win. Still to explore a lot of the new additions but still I agree if 10.5 comes out with not a lot in it the the cow has been milked

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:11 pm I'd like to see:

3. Fix the window/title bar behavior in Windows. Why does it hang out with the desktop in the background after I think I've closed Cubase?
How'd you go with that one. Seems unfixed here.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:00 am

3. Fix the window/title bar behavior in Windows. Why does it hang out with the desktop in the background after I think I've closed Cubase?
No change.

morelia wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:00 am

Unfortunately it isn't broken. This is a design choice. Most people on windows detest that bar. But, it's one of the crap interface choices due to providing a single core code base. The windowing and focus issues have been a problem since they first introduced the mixconsole. This sits squarely on the CON side of the discussion of DAWs. But, all the PROs outweigh this craptastic cobble of windows.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Yes but this is not optimal cause i have to unplug and plug the USB dongle each time.. Cubase is very pricey, and for this price they can offer two licences (one for laptop and one for desktop)..

nahnou wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:18 pm Yes but this is not optimal cause i have to unplug and plug the USB dongle each time.. Cubase is very pricey, and for this price they can offer two licences (one for laptop and one for desktop)..
Wouldn't that mean Stenberg c/would be selling two licenses to one/two people, how would they differentiate. So what you are asking, any one who is fortunate enough to have 2 desktops or a laptop and desktop can have two licenses when someone with one system has to pay double the price in effect?

I get what you're saying, but the business model doesnt work for consumer or steinberg.

alonl6 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:44 am The new features are worth it, IN MY OPINION. :hihi: again, if you have the pro version.
But I agree. I only have the artist version, and after the update I felt that I paid only on better graphics, and that they took my money for nothing. I also have logic pro x, and try to use it more and more, and support apple, because I think they have better updates and ethics then Steinberg.
Never, ever use Apple and ethics in the same sentence. No company has ever had fewer scruples. They make some great products, but read their history. From stealing technology, to suing honest competitors out of business, to using virtual slave labor to make their stuff, to overcharging for everything including repairs, there has been no worse.

Logic does get more free updates, but that’s because it’s a loss leader for the hardware. It has nothing to do with integrity.

alonl6 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:44 am The new features are worth it, IN MY OPINION. :hihi: again, if you have the pro version.
But I agree. I only have the artist version, and after the update I felt that I paid only on better graphics, and that they took my money for nothing.
Sorry to pick on this, but... it was YOU who bought the upgrade. So there's noone else to blame but you. There are enough sources to inform yourself about what's included in the upgrade, plus there is the option to wait a month or so, and then try the demo, and see for yourself whether or not it is worth to upgrade. Sorry, but i really can't understand this mentality. You buy something, and then complain that it didn't match your expectations. That's bullshit, for yourself, and for the company you blame to have "taken your money". They didn't take it. You gave it to them, obviously without enough thought behind the decision.

About that ARA Support update for C10 that was mentioned in November2018 as coming early 2019... any status updates?

Anyone has a fix for using laptop touchpad with Cubase 10 Pro?

I'm using exactly the same hardware & settings in Bitwig, Reason or Studio One and there all the scrolling, zooming around in the arranger timeline or MIDI editor etc. work smooth. If I do the exact same gesture in Cubase 10, then suddenly I go from seeing 1 bar to 100 bars or I'm taken from 1st bar to 100th bar, or from the top of the list in media bay to the bottom of it! It's WAY to sensitive. I *literally* have to shift weight on my finger resting on the touchpad to get small increments, which is an impossible way to work further...

Is there some setting in Cubase I should change? I couldn't find anything :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Tried using 10 for a month now, but I'm glad I still have 9.5 installed, and it's entirely down to the changes in the interface...
1) Looks like Steinberg have eschewed the use of Windows menus and have rolled their own. The text is fuzzy (sharp in every other program I use, including all versions of Cubase prior to 10).
2) No menu underscores! A consequence of 1), I suppose.
3) Graphical elements such as Locators, which were multi-line before, thereby using less screen space, are now not only single line, but also in a much larger font, thereby taking up more than twice as much space as before. EG, the Transport bar - I sometimes want most of the options turned on, which made the bar about a quarter of the width of my (2560 pixel) screen. Now it takes up about five sixths, and you can't tell the Locators from the punch in/out points.
4) The context menu has had nearly all of it's items removed, the remaing 4 or 5 being of next to no use, ever. My mouse has never had to move so far so often!

For me, a waste of £80. :(

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:19 am... and for the company you blame to have "taken your money". They didn't take it. You gave it to them, obviously without enough thought behind the decision.
Amen. :hihi: I see this all happen all the time.

1. Buy new shiny thing without bothering to demo it or even fully read up on what you're buying.
2. Be disappointed.
3. Blame everyone except for the man in the mirror.

That old saying is quite literally true... "A fool and his money are soon parted." :hihi:

The difference in features from Pro to other versions is clearly documented and not hard to locate at the site.
Due diligence...

The other issues I have - running on Surface Pro 4 - are:
- it doesn't respect Windows scaling - it's either 100% (way too small), or 200% (some elements just don't fit on screen)
- when in high-DPI mode, most VSTs are tiny, because Cubase doesn't pass to them Windows scaling info, so they think they're running on native res...

Damn, even Reason that only got VSTs in late 2017 handles this shit better :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”