Cubase 10?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rlared wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:40 pm
gravehill wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:49 pm No problems here either. Steinberg forum is ALWAYS mostly bitching and whining but then again so are most company forums.
Depends on the forum. From what I've seen, Cubase and Cakewalk had the most company bashing. Reaper, Reason, and FL Studio have very little company bashing. But yeah it definitely applies to Steinberg's forum, which is why I figured I'd come on here and check :) Basically it was like outrage that there are bugs in a .0 release, Steinberg hates the laughter of little children, Steinberg is responsible for world hunger, etc.
Propellerhead have no company bashing on their forum as they don't have a company forum.
They did get a regular bashing by a hard-core bunch of anti-Propellerhead/Reason forumites, and when that behaviour started to spread to the more level-headed Reason users (plus the general twattish behaviour) they killed the forum.

Grum.

I think the music/sound/production/whatever community in general, like to bitchin and cryin about almost everything.

Grumbleweed wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:01 am
gravehill wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:49 pm No problems here either. Steinberg forum is ALWAYS mostly bitching and whining but then again so are most company forums.
Depends on the forum. From what I've seen, Cubase and Cakewalk had the most company bashing. Reaper, Reason, and FL Studio have very little company bashing. But yeah it definitely applies to Steinberg's forum, which is why I figured I'd come on here and check :) Basically it was like outrage that there are bugs in a .0 release, Steinberg hates the laughter of little children, Steinberg is responsible for world hunger, etc.
Propellerhead have no company bashing on their forum as they don't have a company forum.
They did get a regular bashing by a hard-core bunch of anti-Propellerhead/Reason forumites, and when that behaviour started to spread to the more level-headed Reason users (plus the general twattish behaviour) they killed the forum.

Grum.
Good point. I was thinking of Reasontalk forum but that's not company-sponsored.

rlared wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Grumbleweed wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:01 am

Grum.
Good point. I was thinking of Reasontalk forum but that's not company-sponsored.
For the Record I have not been on the Forums in a while but I remember back when 9 was released there was a LOT of complaining on the RT Fourms. And I still see a-lot of bashing on the Facebook Groups, Usually about the same topics however (The GUI is Ugly on Modern Screens, VST Support is "Broken" (Quotations because I don't know the full extent of the VST Woes), No Grouping, Etc).

Granted honestly every Daw Forum is going to have one guy who's not Happy with an Update or a Change, Even if a Vast Majority of People seem to like it :-?
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

The 90% of people who are happy with updates rarely say anything about it. The few percent they are very unhappy will ALWAYS let people know about it.

Also the majority of people who are using Cubase (or any other daw) are not even on the internet. At least not here and steinberg's forum. So it's hard to tell what the majority really thinks.

Yup. Thank goodness for KVR :pray:

Sorry corrected!
Last edited by Chandran on Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alonl6 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:51 pm Also the majority of people who are using Cubase (or any other daw) are not even on the internet. At least not here and steinberg's forum. So it's hard to tell what the majority really thinks.
I don't have any single problem with Cubase 10 it works flawlessly as 9.5 did! I'm really happy with this DAW and all my needs are fulfilled! However my Windows 10 professional PC is well configured and I don't update my OS frequently (excepted for antivirus), And when I do is always a clean install. No pirated software on my machine and I newer surf on dubious sites.
I use other DAW's also for example Ableton live 10 and Reason 10 sometimes rewired to Cubase without problems, I used most DAW existing in the last 25 years! and to my experience and my need's Cubase is the one I prefer for midi composition with virtual instruments when I do complex orchestrations, I spend so much less time to create complex music than with any other DAW and the GUI is easy on my eyes and inspiring.
I'm a composer and sound engineer working In the theater music and animation movie field.

Corrected!

So I am messing around with Cubase 10 and am I correct to assume that there is no range selection in piano roll to copy with command d what is in a bar to the next one? Like Ableton Live.
If I just select the notes and do command d it ends up at the end of the last note. So it is not relative like Studio One either. This leaves the only option which is the old command and drag with mouse to the next bar. Is that correct?
Thanks

Edit: Just found out it is possible in in-place editor

andypryce wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:39 pm So I am messing around with Cubase 10 and am I correct to assume that there is no range selection in piano roll to copy with command d what is in a bar to the next one? Like Ableton Live.
If I just select the notes and do command d it ends up at the end of the last note. So it is not relative like Studio One either. This leaves the only option which is the old command and drag with mouse to the next bar. Is that correct?
Thanks

Very straightforward: Select the notes you want to copy_move the cursor where you want to copy_paste, that's it!

Other ways to do it there:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79147

Chandran wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:09 pm
andypryce wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:39 pm So I am messing around with Cubase 10 and am I correct to assume that there is no range selection in piano roll to copy with command d what is in a bar to the next one? Like Ableton Live.
Thanks

Very straightforward: Select the notes you want to copy_move the cursor where you want to copy_paste, that's it!

Other ways to do it there:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79147

alonl6 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:39 pm
LeVzi wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:32 am OK so now the dust has settled, was the upgrade worth it ? From what I see on social media, the general concencus is no, there isn't a whole lot different from 9.5 and it actually introduces more bugs.
In my opinion, if you have the pro version, than yes, it's worth it.
Artist and Elements don't have any major improvements other than new gui and graphics.
I am a graphic whore so I've upgraded, but I feel that it was not worth it at the end of the day.
Great, but WHY ? You say it's worth it but why ? From 9.5 to 10 i've not seen anyone say "Wow this is invaluable" It seems more like a point release and not worth the 80 odd quid. If they release 10.5 before the summer sale, shows this is just Steinberg milking a cash cow.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

The new features are worth it, IN MY OPINION. :hihi: again, if you have the pro version.
But I agree. I only have the artist version, and after the update I felt that I paid only on better graphics, and that they took my money for nothing. I also have logic pro x, and try to use it more and more, and support apple, because I think they have better updates and ethics then Steinberg.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”