[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I rather find it strange that you plaster forums with this. You should report those bugs, and steps to reproduce to the developers. Anything else is totally pointless.

Absolute wooowzers
Every parameter of any pad is automatable in the new stepsequencer , combined with independent track lengths and meter for poly meter/rytm ...
Just press record in the pattern seq and drag the knob
Pretty ace :tu:
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

chk071 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:39 pm I rather find it strange that you plaster forums with this. You should report those bugs, and steps to reproduce to the developers. Anything else is totally pointless.
Which I also do ..
I guess I am the only one here finding bugs
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:00 pm Which I also do ..
It's all about what each users' individual workflow looks like. When I was primarily using Studio One, I hardly ever touched the bend markers. Whereas those seem to be a big part of your workflow. Hence, you'd likely hit upon bugs I'd never come across. It's totally possible that the closed beta testers for S1 don't have a similar workflow and never hit upon this stuff. If you're indeed reporting this stuff, Presonus would be wise to get you on the beta team, assuming you're also willing, because your particular music-making workflow may be very different than the folks on the current team.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:35 pm Just curious.. did you just buy this DAW to actually produce music with it, or make it a mission to create unrealistic scenarios, whilst looking for anomalies and bugs for Presonus to try and fix ? All software has them in some shape or form, if there's an issue, or I find one, I avoid it...If I had just bought a DAW I'd be exploring it's features that I can use to make a piece of music, not looking for things which might be wrong with it from the outset...that's what pre-research, trial periods and demo's are for. I must have an old skool mind set as the first music software I used was way back in the mid 1980's... the burning desire to create music first and foremost.... Games failing to load from a cassette tape was really a normality in 8 Bit era of computers... 'ERROR Loading' after 45 mins because there was dust on the tape, was normal.
Unrealistic scenarios ...c'mon man
The only reason I encounter these bugs is because I happen to stumble upon them during making music>
Is 200 % timestretching unrealistic ...depends what your aim is >
Sure , the ovee use of bendmarkers was to point out the crash , unrelated to a music making context but nevertheless worth mentioning ..
I don't know what you do , or how deep you delve into a program but I go as deep as the rabbit hole allows me too .
I Used Renoise for almost 15 years together with reaktor ...and I can tell ..a lot of bugs have been posted by every member of the community
And that goes for every program , why should studio one be any different ... ??
I guess we're not on the same level then
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:59 pm Absolute wooowzers
Every parameter of any pad is automatable in the new stepsequencer , combined with independent track lengths and meter for poly meter/rytm ...
Just press record in the pattern seq and drag the knob
Pretty ace :tu:
What do you mean by this?

Every parameter of any pad? Do you mean on the Atom using the Studio One step sequencer? I didn't know they had made any changes to it in the most recent build unless you're just referring to the initial release.

Every parameter for each sample pad on the impact xt , 16 pads in 8 banks
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:23 pm Every parameter for each sample pad on the impact xt , 16 pads in 8 banks
Awesome I had forgotten you could do this. Thank you. I know what I'm doing tonight.

this is all good but id like to be able to select copy cut paste several notes at once in the drum pattern manager and adjust default velocity easily

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:00 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:39 pm I rather find it strange that you plaster forums with this. You should report those bugs, and steps to reproduce to the developers. Anything else is totally pointless.
Which I also do ..
I’ve found and reported tons of them, as have other ppl, I just don’t post them on KVR because it’s basically pointless. Posting them on the Studio One forum can feel pointless too when nobody responds or when someone neglects to read your posts and “helpfully” offers up personal advice or passages from the manual. The difference there is moderators and support check the forum and log issues (send a ticket too though, when they're busy they check less). Places like KVR and to some extent the Facebook group are generally unproductive discussing bugs

We've reached a milestone for a dedicated DAW thread today.

Presonus Studio One Thread Stats:

1000 Posts | 33K + Views
Date of thread created: 16 / 12 / 2017
Today's Date: 07 / 06 / 2019

:party:
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

oneway wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:12 pm
Which I also do ..
I’ve found and reported tons of them, as have other ppl, I just don’t post them on KVR because it’s basically pointless. Posting them on the Studio One forum can feel pointless too when nobody responds or when someone neglects to read your posts and “helpfully” offers up personal advice or passages from the manual. The difference there is moderators and support check the forum and log issues (send a ticket too though, when they're busy they check less). Places like KVR and to some extent the Facebook group are generally unproductive discussing bugs
Online "campaigning" to have bugs fixed does work sometimes, though. That recent automation bug wasn't brought up directly with support, but was discussed heavily on forums. Apparently, the guy who discovered it got tired of submitting bug reports to PreSonus only to be ignored or or given advice akin to "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" so he just posts them on his blog now. However when people starting talking about it on Facebook, forums etc., PreSonus were very quick to act and had it fixed within days.

It would probably have taken weeks of back and forth via the regular support channels. In fact, I have an ongoing case with them about something I'm pretty sure is a VST-related bug when opening and closing projects in SO 4.5.1, so expecting a fix for that in about.. a year?

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:26 pm It's just a matter of renaming the parameter .
Just rename resonance to cutoff and vice versa
Ah I see, placed the wrong question.
Should have been - was the bug recognized in the first place

AdvancedFollower wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:26 am
oneway wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:12 pm
Which I also do ..
Online "campaigning" to have bugs fixed does work sometimes, though. That recent automation bug wasn't brought up directly with support, but was discussed heavily on forums. Apparently, the guy who discovered it got tired of submitting bug reports to PreSonus only to be ignored or or given advice akin to "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" so he just posts them on his blog now. However when people starting talking about it on Facebook, forums etc., PreSonus were very quick to act and had it fixed within days.

It would probably have taken weeks of back and forth via the regular support channels. In fact, I have an ongoing case with them about something I'm pretty sure is a VST-related bug when opening and closing projects in SO 4.5.1, so expecting a fix for that in about.. a year?
If you want express respond to a bug, underline it via YT.
If the video is suspected of pulling its circles, Presonus reacts quicker than you can say moo.
Wicked but gets the ticket.

In case someone`s still on the fence, smooth direct update from 4.1.4 to 4.5.1
and no serious coughs and colds by now.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

AdvancedFollower wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:26 am Online "campaigning" to have bugs fixed does work sometimes, though.
Mostly true but I guess I see a distinction between "campaigning" and showing people solid evidence like admiral's article on automation performance. Obviously someone has to post that article to the forum or talk about it on FB, but the issues that I see get addressed need someone to spell out the issue clearly like admiral did or like gentleclockdivider or niles or other users that report issues do. Frequently when I find an issue there is a really old post on it but no details, no video, etc. It sucks but it seems like that's what it takes for most DAWs outside of a few with developers that are very interactive with the user base. Probably because most of these companies have QA teams the size of a tiny tech startup but hundreds of thousands of individual users :D

I don't have the fastest p.c. , but it gets the job done , the question is .....
Has studio one become more cpu efficient ?
I say ..yes
Seven instances of abl 3 in renoise 3 , before crapping out ..

Studio one ...18 instances , and still not crapping out
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”