[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I'll add this 'How To' tutorial I created for anyone that has completely ballsed up their installation of Studio One and can't get into Studio One at all as they did previously because of plugins that have failed and which you've tried to make work.

How To Fix Plugin / Startup Issues In Studio One
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:44 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:12 pm This warning pops up every 5 minutes ...lol
I'm gonna sell ..the honeymoon lasted a day ...during audio duties
Well it's just told you what the problem is, it's one of your plugins...and your quite lucky with arriving at version 4.5 because plugin filtering is now built into a new manager for it. Before you had to do this by digging into folders and copying and removing them. Look for any plugins that use any sort of PACE authorisation/Ilok system, if you have any, then you'll need to update that Ilok software. A few years ago there was a conflict between Windows 10, Ilok authorisation, and Studio One 3.0. It was at a level where Studio One would not start at all. If this doesn't apply then you'll need to vet the source down. You can open up the bugreport to try and find it, or you can filter out the plugins you have to the one that is causing the problem.

As for the other issue you called a bug, ("When play overlaps is ticked off , it still plays the overlapping audio files" ) well that's working fine as expected in the latest version.

Take two loops and place the one on the right over the one on the left completely, then open up the inspector panel. Uncheck play overlaps. The audio on the right audio clip is the one that overlaps the left one so you only hear it.

Not everyone gets out of the starting blocks when they begin with a new DAW, I didn't initially but not because of the DAW, but because of how I made parallel duplicate installations in the folder structure.
Once I figured that out, I was away up and running, and I've not looked back.

Tip:
Create your main master folder for Studio One on your drive, then create a VST Instruments folder, and a VST Plugin Data directory folder inside that. You can then create a master folder that each new Studio One version will go in for each new update and release there is within your main master folder as well as anything else like soundfonts, samples ect . The path for each new version will always be directed to those VST and Data folders you setup for what ever version of Studio One you are using.

___

As for the Cutoff / Resonance mismatch, yes that's happening here also... I suspect this has happened under the hood during the re-configuration support for Nektars controllers.
Stop being so condescending INtrancer , using studio one is a walk in the park for me You don't know what the problem is , you just assume it's a dodgy plugin.
I've been making music for over 20 years ,and yes I know all the stuff about separate vst folders etcc..

I am not using any plugins in the posted examples ,just audio and midi out

And when I do use plugins, they behave rock solid , in renoise , studio one , architect and reaper ...
Do you actually read stuff or just interpret it the way you see fit ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

O.K .I can reproduce the crash here every single time .
So , I need some confirmation .
-Initiliase studio one
-Create new project
-Drop a single sample and duplicate it 8 times
-adjust the pitch of some of the clips
Save project
Close studio one
Re-open project

-Select all clips and merge
-Double click to go to the sample editor
-And start doing some extreme audio bends ( since all clips are duplicates , the bending will affect all clips )
On my system is just a matter of time before the crash/freeze happens , stud.! becomes totally unresponsive
Killing it from taskmanager doesn't always work ,
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:25 pm O.K .I can reproduce the crash here every single time .
-Initiliase studio one
-Create new project
Save project
Close studio one
Re-open project

-And start doing some extreme audio bends ( since all clips are duplicates , the bending will affect all clips )
On my system is just a matter of time before the crash/freeze happens , stud.! becomes totally unresponsive
Can confirm this does cause S1 to hang. You're not crazy. Should be reported to support.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:25 pm O.K .I can reproduce the crash here every single time .
-Initiliase studio one
-Create new project
Save project
Close studio one
Re-open project

Did all that and spent some 45 mins and another 15 or so using external samples outwith Studio One from my own sample collection, (whilst watching some TV).

In that time I did extreme bending, pitch shifting, sample manipulation both in realtime and whilst the track was and wasn't playing, rapidly pressing the Apply button, whilst using every aspect in which to try and make Studio One 4.01 crash. It just wasn't possible...

The test track below is based on one of the musicloops from Studio One.

Test2 Songfile
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

You can upload the crashlog here, as well as send it to presonus to look at.

(Meant to edit original post rather than create a new post)

Also you can get around this issue by bouncing the merged clip by right clicking and choosing 'Bounce Selection' or Ctrl+B. Makes me think just merging clips does not really "merge" them but sudo merges them and then it's trying to apply the pitch bends to them and this is causing issues.

When studio 1 freezes and needs to be killed from within taskmanager it does not create a crash log.

I am just assuming , but it could be that the cache files thare created for the bending are causing this .
It 's actually funny , you can see the cach file being created while doing the bending , with a short delay that is
i assigned a separate drive for my projects , will test with the main ssd drive
Eyeball exchanging

With Windows 10, you could have permissions problems being not correctly set, also by default Studio One autosaves every 5 minutes which you can uncheck or change.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... aac1415373

Update:

I left Studio One for half an hour with the test file I posted open and immediately started adjusting audio bending strengths and applying it. I was able to replicate the pop-up notification with the same message, however I will stress that Studio one did not freeze up and crash to desktop. It carried on working after clicking ok... as usual. This behaviour is the same from my experience as when some VST's have failed to perform a function it was supposed to. However Studio One and the plugin in question will typically still function as before it crashed or if it didn't, could be replaced and set up again. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I suspect this possibly occurs from the inactivity, idle period of the system in which to process fast enough such as with a hardrive that has spun down to a power saving state.

In any case I was able to capture a bug report for this pop up notification, however in this instance it's not been critical enough to bring down Studio One 4.5.1

SO 4.5.1 Crash Report 03/06/2019

I run all SSDs this is not a hard drive issue. I never go the notification my S1 just hung and I killed it off from Task manager. Maybe it would have recovered if I waited. Either way as I said you can bounced it and it works just fine for me afterwards.

@gentleclockdivider

Problem solved and fixed now ? (i.e crashing every 5 minutes as you said)

NOppes , If I want to I can make it crash anytime when using the warp /bend function .
Also way too bussy posting bugs/anomalies on the presonus forum :D
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=35212
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=35200
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=35199
Eyeball exchanging

And another bug >>
record some audio or bounce a track
Timestretch it ( alt+ drag )
Now do some audio bends , the end part of the waveform will dissapear
Eyeball exchanging

Just curious.. did you just buy this DAW to actually produce music with it, or make it a mission to create unrealistic scenarios, whilst looking for anomalies and bugs for Presonus to try and fix ? All software has them in some shape or form, if there's an issue, or I find one, I avoid it...If I had just bought a DAW I'd be exploring it's features that I can use to make a piece of music, not looking for things which might be wrong with it from the outset...that's what pre-research, trial periods and demo's are for. I must have an old skool mind set as the first music software I used was way back in the mid 1980's... the burning desire to create music first and foremost.... Games failing to load from a cassette tape was really a normality in 8 Bit era of computers... 'ERROR Loading' after 45 mins because there was dust on the tape, was normal.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”