[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Removing important features and crippling the program won't win any customers...
If they ever change the business to posting graphic mockups all over the net your business advice may be more relevant. :)

For those who for some reason didn't demo v4 and bought it in the blind and found it not working on Win 7, move the instruments.dll out of the application folder. This will kill the main instruments but you'll be able to launch and work as normal with everything else like your third party instruments. Your choice, do nothing, use nothing, let your GAS money sit in a vacuum, or do that and wait for a fix.

mholloway wrote:
jinotsuh wrote:
I think that may be a little south of the truth, a lot south actually, there are quite a few ex Cakewalkers there, and of course the great 'CakeAlexS' (aka Docktor Avalanche among many other names) is there (PreAl), but none of them are remotely "at the helm now ...."
LOL, he's there *too*? Christ, that guy is unreal.

He is a regular on Maschine forums (nothing but whining and complaining day in, day out) and also the FXpansion forums (you guessed it, nothing but whining and complaining day in, day out) as well.... I suppose it's a full-time hobby for him, so I can only assume he fills that forum with his on-brand whinging and moaning and finger-wagging as well. :clap:
:D He has only been on the PreSonus forums since December 3 last year, so he is still sussing out the place, but you can see him slowly warming up :hihi: I guess it wont be long before he is in full flight trying to run the place and telling the Devs how and what they should be doing, inciting riots and the usual. His history of being banned on the Cakewalk forums was quite impressive, permanently banned under several different alias's. Good entertainment value though :lol:

But the Cakewalk forums having a greater noise level, being more of a social gathering place for many, you get all forms of nonsense going on there, where as I find the PreSonus forums more down to business and less fluff, and I kinda like it that way, so here's hoping he has changed his ways :wheee:
Say NO to CLAP!

Just a note:

The UJAM Virtual Guitarist Sparkle promo for Studio One owners is worth taking,
pretty cool imo and a great freebie.

*It's in the news letter, incase you haven't seen it.

I don't make many requests on there...but for the sake of potential future sanity in actually using Studio One 4.0... I've made a request for HI-DPI to be rectified to ability of what it was in version 3.. maybe they will take more notice to do something than of what they do on the forums.... Vote vie the link below..

https://answers.presonus.com/30494/brin ... indows-bit
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Do we need this thread now that is a new one on how people like S1-4?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I'd say, no. Especially as this thread kind of outlived itself, now that Studio One 4 is released for a couple of months.

Even if SO4 has been out, this thread has acquired a couple of thousand views in the past month... so it's still of interest, and is the largest collection of diverse posts which covers Studio One on here...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Hink wrote:Do we need this thread now that is a new one on how people like S1-4?
Nah, close it :tu:

Seeing as we have a full point update and looking back at peoples requests from the beginning of the year with 4.0 and now that we are at 4.1. There are some long awaited things users have been requesting, besides some show stoppers along the way.... so for many... this update is probably one of the most important there has been... Other than the restoration of Hi-DPI switching button and an option for Plugin scaling which is new...

Note: This scaling option for VST plugins, only works for Windows 10 version 1803 and above.

Instead of the hideous and clunky block style tempo system we have had for years... we now have automation points and lines instead that other tracks have. There still isn't automation cleanup of points or quantising of them in like the way Reason has been able to do for the past 5 + years but at least it's more flexible and consistent with other parts of the GUI... In essence though, it's competition is more Cubase...this has been raised earlier in this thread with screenshots you can compare with...

What else is there...?

Perhaps Russ knows... :D
https://youtu.be/mGtm5hLBEgE
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vanity thread.

Close it, Hink.

I have S1 v3 Professional
To upgrade to V4 it cost $150

Will there be sale that would reduce
this upgrade cost within the next
three months? What then will be the cost?

I'd wait for Black Friday. Not 100% sure, but, it's likely that they will have a sale then. I know they had 50% off on upgrade sale at some point.

Edit: https://www.kvraudio.com/news/presonus- ... nted-39243 and https://www.kvraudio.com/news/presonus- ... n-20-35338

My guess is that they will include upgrades in this year's BF sale.

Kalamata Kid wrote:I have S1 v3 Professional
To upgrade to V4 it cost $150

Will there be sale that would reduce
this upgrade cost within the next
three months? What then will be the cost?
If you're referring to Black Friday/Cyber Monday... there is a good possibility of some upgrade offers being available at a cheaper price than what they are at atm...but nothing is certain. There is probably more chance of upgrades being cheaper if you buy an additional hardware product along with it such as the bomb...cough....the Atom... :D when it's dropped from the delivery trucks... (almost forgetting what it's called already)...

Typically though... most sales are of those for new purchasers / users of Studio One.

If you're eager to dig into Studio One 4.1 Pro now and don't mind any possible sales in a few months... I don't think there's really anything to hold you back from doing so, but before you pull the trigger, do your research on the forums and possibly re-try the trial version on another system, so you can properly test it for yourself for a month.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They always have a sale at some point, I have never paid full price for an upgrade and I've
upgraded 3x. Just depends on how long you want to wait.

*the first was an upgrade from entry level to pro...

Looking for an excuse to upgrade to S1 v4 and a lower price would do it for me. I will wait see what BF will bring. Want to see which DAW's get ARA2 and then decide but an $100 upgrade path will motivate me regardless.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”