[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Great bug fix release, fixed bugs I didn't even know existed.
Nice Faderport update as well :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I was rather hoping for MPE, expression maps, that sort of thing in ver. 4, so have held out and not upgraded. Nothing I really need this time around.
Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - NS Wav5C Electric Cello - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra
whitepianos.blogspot.com

One improvement I would like to see is when a channel is selected in the arrangement page, or in the console, the color of that track changes to another shade from the original color, (Lighter Color) which imho. is not the easiest way to identify/visualize the selected channel, since it could be mistaken for just another channel that is lighter in color/shade.

I think a selected channel would be more visible, and easier to identify if it had a white, or some lighter colored outline around the track/channel i.e. a White outline, or dotted outline.

I've been really busy of late... but did they fix that stuck at HI-DPI screen resolution problem (no check box option to disable it) for Windows 7 64 Bit users using just 1080P screen, because if they haven't... then that's just unforgivable...

What exactly does that mean ?

\/
• The editors have a minimum size now
• Various user interface design corrections

/\
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote:did they fix that stuck at HI-DPI screen resolution problem (no check box option to disable it) for Windows 7 64 Bit users using just 1080P screen, because if they haven't... then that's just unforgivable...

\/

/\
Looking forward to you asking on the pre sonus studio one owners forum.
Last edited by Aliens on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aliens wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote:did they fix that stuck at HI-DPI screen resolution problem (no check box option to disable it) for Windows 7 64 Bit users using just 1080P screen, because if they haven't... then that's just unforgivable...

\/

/\
You mean that forum where there is a religious group of presonus defense mods... that can't take criticism about the product.... well, nope...not going to happen...After 3 years of supporting actual users 'inc technical help' over there on a daily basis with Studio One 3 ...my tank ran out to the point where I simply didn't care anymore...and complaining about the 'manual' is a bannable... because that's the last post I ever made there.... There's a new squad of ex Cakewalk users at the helm now.... :D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

That's just unforgivable :lol:

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Aliens wrote:

\/

/\
You mean that forum where there is a religious group of presonus defense mods... that can't take criticism about the product.... well, nope...not going to happen...After 3 years of supporting actual users 'inc technical help' over there on a daily basis with Studio One 3 ...my tank ran out to the point where I simply didn't care anymore...and complaining about the 'manual' is a bannable...
TBH, i never know what people are talking about, when i read stuff like that. In the German part of the forum, there is much criticism which isn't banned. Of course, if you just say that Studio One is a POS, and everyone that uses it is the same, it's no wonder you get banned. Exaggeratedly spoken.

Weren't you always quite positive about Studio One? And the only thing which made you not upgrade, and complain now is that hi dpi stuff i don't even understand? Mmh...

BTW, i just realized that Studio One 4 is not available as 32-bit anymore. Was it like that since the initial release, or was that introduced in version 4.01? Can't remember...

chk071 wrote:
Weren't you always quite positive about Studio One? And the only thing which made you not upgrade, and complain now is that hi dpi stuff i don't even understand? Mmh...
Generally I was, but really that's because I understood it... and could pick it up quickly, make the music I liked to make with it and show how others could make the most of the program. Many of the things I complained about got addressed... I wasn't shy in giving my brutally honest opinions either, but there is some absolute critical things I can't deal with in Studio One 4.0...

I've barely posted in the past month...so I might be repeating myself here...but...

For those in the same situation as I am, not only would it cost £110 for the upgrade...it would cost an additional £200 for a new operating system and I mean a non OEM tied to your machine version of Windows 10 or forking out even more for that with a new monitor that makes it feasible but then you have VST plugin's that look like crap if they don't scale right. With Studio One 3.56.. I don't need to do any of that... dual 1080P screens is more than adequate for my and I suspect many others needs.

Presonus Germany needs to get their head out the clouds, in thinking everyone has moved from Windows 7, because that simply isn't the case and won't be for a very long time...

Removing important features and crippling the program won't win any customers...
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Aliens wrote:

\/

/\
You mean that forum where there is a religious group of presonus defense mods... that can't take criticism about the product.... well, nope...not going to happen...After 3 years of supporting actual users 'inc technical help' over there on a daily basis with Studio One 3 ...my tank ran out to the point where I simply didn't care anymore...and complaining about the 'manual' is a bannable... because that's the last post I ever made there.... There's a new squad of ex Cakewalk users at the helm now.... :D
Why not just ask one of your 'Contacts' :D
THE INTRANCER wrote: I have my contacts... :wink:
Page 36 of this thread.

THE INTRANCER wrote:
There's a new squad of ex Cakewalk users at the helm now....
I think that may be a little south of the truth, a lot south actually, there are quite a few ex Cakewalkers there, and of course the great 'CakeAlexS' (aka Docktor Avalanche among many other names) is there (PreAl), but none of them are remotely "at the helm now ...."
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote:
I think that may be a little south of the truth, a lot south actually, there are quite a few ex Cakewalkers there, and of course the great 'CakeAlexS' (aka Docktor Avalanche among many other names) is there (PreAl), but none of them are remotely "at the helm now ...."
LOL, he's there *too*? Christ, that guy is unreal.

He is a regular on Maschine forums (nothing but whining and complaining day in, day out) and also the FXpansion forums (you guessed it, nothing but whining and complaining day in, day out) as well.... I suppose it's a full-time hobby for him, so I can only assume he fills that forum with his on-brand whinging and moaning and finger-wagging as well. :clap:

Sadly the crash during plugins scan on Win7 with 39x nVidia drivers is not fixed :(

THE INTRANCER wrote: Presonus Germany needs to get their head out the clouds, in thinking everyone has moved from Windows 7, because that simply isn't the case and won't be for a very long time...
Maybe not everyone, but, surely loads of people. Face it, you get 2 years of extended support from now on, and then Windows 7 won't be supported by Microsoft anymore, which most likely will also be the point at which most companies will stop supporting it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”