[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

tedannemann wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:27 pm The audio bend tool is based on the same Elastique engine, the transient detection is pretty inaccurate and bouncing audio bend edited audio files result in hefty errors. Anyway, can you tell me more about these improvements in 4.6. I don't know anything about them and would like to test out these improvements.
They updated the algos to elastique 3.2.9 in version 4.1.2.

What do you mean by transient detection is inaccurate? In all my experience with it, transients are detected just fine if you use the sensitivity slider but some functions utilize the transient and some utilize the energy band. Which was a really inconvenient choice. When they standardize it editing will be much more streamlined.

As for "bouncing audio bend edited files results in hefty errors" try out the new version I guess.

Digivolt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:14 pm
BezO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm -More colors for tracks/channels, and a color wheel order to the options
jamcat wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:05 am This. You should be able to create your own custom color palette.
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.p ... e25888329e

Somebody made this

Thanks, going to have to check that out. I know the last thing you should worry about is your DAW looking "pretty" (it's the music you make with it that counts), but the color choices in SO are just so completely illogical and ugly. I mean it works in the sense that it helps you distinguish clips/tracks, but it's just so ugly compared to the colors in Logic, FL or Cubase. Weird, washed-out pastel colors and shades of brown...

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:58 pm
Digivolt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:14 pm
BezO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm -More colors for tracks/channels, and a color wheel order to the options
jamcat wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:05 am This. You should be able to create your own custom color palette.
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.p ... e25888329e

Somebody made this

Thanks, going to have to check that out. I know the last thing you should worry about is your DAW looking "pretty" (it's the music you make with it that counts)
I disagree, if you're going to look at something for hours a day for the foreseeable future it needs to be relatively aesthetically pleasing.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

oneway wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:32 pm ...
What do you mean by transient detection is inaccurate? In all my experience with it, transients are detected just fine if you use the sensitivity slider but some functions utilize the transient and some utilize the energy band. Which was a really inconvenient choice. When they standardize it editing will be much more streamlined....
For audio bend I can mostly make it happen correctly...

A bigger problem is the automatic slicing with shift+drag samples into i.e. Impact...
This is not what I call accurate slicing (besides that it missed many transients):
error.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Agreed, slicing audio is terrible in S1, it could use a major upgrade
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Digivolt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:14 pm Somebody made this
We're lucky to have such a knowledgeable and sharing S1 user posting on here.
Lawrence is the undisputed kvr S1 boss.

Just a small collection of GUI style themes (inc a few fun experimental ones) for Studio One I made available a few years back in the 3.0... days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4FXV3mo0aI
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:08 am Just a small collection of GUI style themes (inc a few fun experimental ones) for Studio One I made available a few years back in the 3.0... days...

No , you're just posting your music, that's all
Do this in the appropriate forum :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Trancit wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:55 pm
oneway wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:32 pm ...
What do you mean by transient detection is inaccurate? In all my experience with it, transients are detected just fine if you use the sensitivity slider but some functions utilize the transient and some utilize the energy band. Which was a really inconvenient choice. When they standardize it editing will be much more streamlined....
For audio bend I can mostly make it happen correctly...

A bigger problem is the automatic slicing with shift+drag samples into i.e. Impact...
This is not what I call accurate slicing (besides that it missed many transients):
error.jpg
Ah, I see, I don't do it that way so I didn't quite notice it. It would appear that it doesn't account for existing bend markers and it always performs "Detect Transient" with the same exact sensitivity using Normal mode vs Sensitive, which is not always the right choice.

oneway wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:55 pm Ah, I see, I don't do it that way so I didn't quite notice it. It would appear that it doesn't account for existing bend markers and it always performs "Detect Transient" with the same exact sensitivity using Normal mode vs Sensitive, which is not always the right choice.
While the workaround is quite easy...
Using normal audio bend menu to split the loop and shift+draggin the splitted parts into Impact...

What it still lacks is the midi file to trigger the slices...

Is there a way to preserve the velocities while using the parabola or line pen tool ?

What I mean is I want to keep the differences relative whilst gradually bringing the velocities down in the same way it works when you select all and bring them down for example
From this
To this
But with a parabolic curve applied

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:35 pm Is there a way to preserve the velocities while using the parabola or line pen tool ?

What I mean is I want to keep the differences relative whilst gradually bringing the velocities down in the same way it works when you select all and bring them down for example
Under the line,parabola,square etc options there is transform tool option. I think you can get close with that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syvvlKSLXd8

ozinga wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:52 pm Under the line,parabola,square etc options there is transform tool option. I think you can get close with that.
That's close enough to what I need, thanks :tu:

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:25 pm
ozinga wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:52 pm Under the line,parabola,square etc options there is transform tool option. I think you can get close with that.
That's close enough to what I need, thanks :tu:
No Problem :tu:

Hi, I didn't find any other forum or thread for my question, so if I'm totally wrong here, I would like to apologize in advance...

My question:
In the Sell&Buy forum many people are selling their Presonus Studio One Pro Licenses at the moment and they become more and more...
There are some vendors who sell licenses for only $100...
Is Studio One Pro so bad or is there a place where they get it as a free gift, or a promotion etc. and sell it...?
Thanks for answers.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”