[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

If anyone can’t find the very generous free full versions of fat channel and Ampire you have to go to your studio one main licence and scroll down, there are then buttons you have to press to activate the free licences....once this is done they then show up in the add on section.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Ive since tried unistalling / reinstalling / Activating several times.
Now it doesnt even create the VST3 folder as it did previously, theres nothing!

It looks like they havent actually ported the plugins to VST3 but have created a wrapper as Im seeing PreSonus Plug-in Format Adapter in several folders.

I have submitted a support ticket before anyone suggests the n0_0bvious :P

EDIT

Im persistant, so I tried again. Uninstalled / reinstalled The Hub and FatChannel XT.
This time RC500 and VT1 are installed / detected as VST3 and showing in my hosts.
Ampire and my paid for Fat Channel plugins are still not showing, probably because activation constantly failes - An error occurred at the server (status 200)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

All working for me (just so you know its not everyone) - I am sure it will get sorted if you cant get it working...

Installed and activated by the new hub (which I assume is the software protection for the new 'native VSTS'
All showing up in Bitwig- I have:

Ampire
Pedal Board
Fat Chanel
VU Meter

What amazing Free Xmas gift- Full version of Ampire and Fat Chanel XT for free and native!!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

dellboy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:34 am
EnochLight wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:56 am

Screenshot? Not seeing this in my account, and I own Pro 4.6...

Maybe it’s the Hi-DPI settings.
There in my account.

Click Studio One 4 Professional to reveal them.
Ah, found them. Thanks!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

SLiC wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:04 pm All working for me (just so you know its not everyone) - I am sure it will get sorted if you cant get it working...

Installed and activated by the new hub (which I assume is the software protection for the new 'native VSTS'

Ampire
Pedal Board
Fat Chanel
VU Meter

What amazing Free Xmas gift- Full version of Ampire and Fat Chanel XT for free and native!!
And all zero latancy, negligable CPU AND theyve reduced the prices :tu:

SLiC wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:04 pm All working for me (just so you know its not everyone) - I am sure it will get sorted if you cant get it working...

Ampire
Pedal Board
Fat Chanel
VU Meter

How did you get VU Meter? I saw that it said if you install PreSonus Hub, you get VU Meter as well - but can't find it anywhere in my account.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*EDIT: nevermind. :D Found it in the shop for free - just had to "buy" it and check for downloads in the hub. Coming from Reason, I should have known this would be how it works.

All is good. :tu:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:36 pm Ive since tried unistalling / reinstalling / Activating several times.
Now it doesnt even create the VST3 folder as it did previously, theres nothing!

It looks like they havent actually ported the plugins to VST3 but have created a wrapper as Im seeing PreSonus Plug-in Format Adapter in several folders.

I have submitted a support ticket before anyone suggests the n0_0bvious :P

EDIT

Im persistant, so I tried again. Uninstalled / reinstalled The Hub and FatChannel XT.
This time RC500 and VT1 are installed / detected as VST3 and showing in my hosts.
Ampire and my paid for Fat Channel plugins are still not showing, probably because activation constantly failes - An error occurred at the server (status 200)
Sorted

I had changed my Presonus account password on the website but not in Studio One :dog:

Sorry for clogging up this topic

Those comps are nice. My favorite is the Everest C100A, which I think is modeled after Summit Audio hardware. It's hard to make that plugin sound bad, even at really high gain reduction. My favorite general purpose EQ in that bundle is the Alpine 550 but there's a lot of variety in there.

codec_spurt wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:58 pm Studio One bugged out big time on me today. Started playing different wavs to the ones it was supposed to be playing. Never experienced anything like it in my life. It would play 'wav2' perfectly when it should have been playing 'wav1' - it got totally perfectly confused. Took me about an hour to work out wtf was going on because that's never ever happened before. I closed and restarted the program. All good. Weird though.

Here's a screenshot of the new template that now uses Impact XT to trigger the audio files:

I kept the old Sample One Triggers in there but disabled them. You can even mix and match the two if you like. You can now trigger 16 audio loops from the one midi track (Impact), using drums or keys or patterns, or all three!

I found some weird behaviour with the native Presonus Gate plugin. It seems to be 'bleeding' a bit of audio out from the channel and not being totally silent. I tried everything to get it to totally switch off, but it wouldn't. So I tried another gate plugin. I had Waves C1 to hand and tried that. Within five minutes I'd copied the gating timing perfectly (just about) and got it to totally shut to silence. You can see for yourself in the template.

I made a separate template for the Waves C1 Gate sidechain, and that also includes some extra patterns and variations for you to play about with and use as triggers. There's also a few presets included to change the gating behaviour as well.

The step sequencer is an incredibly powerful but simple tool to use. For some reason the repeat function doesn't work on triggering the audio here, and neither does the velocity. There's probably a good reason for that but I'm too thick to figure it out. Probability and all the other good stuff works fine though. Gating is a good one there already built in to the editor!

This is a screenshot of the template I made that uses the Waves C1 Gate -

You get very different fx when switching between the internal algorithms of 'Expander' and 'Gate'. I also kept in the other two gates if you want to use them (switch them on and off) for other variations. So that's four gates on each channel as a sidechain. I got rid of the other Sample One midi triggers in this template for sake of clarity.

I also provide a template that is exactly the same as the updated Waves one, but minus the Waves plugin for all you people that don't have Waves on your system. The C1 Comp/Gate is a real workhorse. I only grabbed it randomly but it really still is one of the best in the business when it comes to gating and expansion. Very easy to tweak and get good results with. Probably my favorite Waves plugin of all time.

So there you have it. You can load up the songs or you can load up the templates - they are both the same though there may be a couple of different tweaks here and there, but essentially and functionally they are identical. I'm assuming that you will be loading up your own loops and therefore you will want to tweak the gates and sidechains to taste anyway.

Don't forget you can mix and match the Sample One midi triggers in that non Waves template, with the midi triggers and sidechaining from the Impact XT plugin. It's a lot more elegant and straightforward using the one instrument track and it's as good as Ableton Drum Racks in that regard. Big thanks to Trancit once again for helping me out with this. :hug:

Don't worry if you don't have the Waves plugin, just load the non-waves versions and mess about. When you switch the gates on don't forget to trigger them or they won't make a sound. Remember you can switch on 'Ducking' as well on the Presonus Gate. No idea why it's 'leaking' audio when it should be totally silent. It's at a very low threshold but still, that isn't right. I don't know what more tweaks I could have tried (there aren't that many controls to start with), but something seems wrong. The fact the first gate plugin I tried gave me silence when shut off, shows that it is probably the plugin itself and not some sloppy routing I messed up. Oh well, no big deal.

It's fun using the Drum editor to trigger the bits of audio, but the Step Sequencer is the best, whether in keys or drums mode. It works very very well and it is very logical and easy to make up new varied patterns. When you loop through the song you will see how easy it is to use the variations feature.

Here is the template. It includes instructions.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rhfen0p2q ... S.zip/file

As I said, you can load up the templates or the songs, just make sure you install both first (the songs contain the example audio loops for the templates), so you don't get any missing file errors!

If all this sounds a bit confusing, don't worry, it's all working perfectly and very easy to get to grips with even for a noob. Just stick in your own audio loops and make up new patterns to trigger them. Mess about with the timing on the gates (ADSR) to taste...

(Btw, does anyone know if there is a way to upload these templates to the Presonus Exchange? I haven't fully looked in to it yet, but I'm assuming there must be a way.)
Looks nice Codec.
Perhaps you could upload and share the template in the presonus exchange, which can now be accessed inside Studio One.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:07 am Personally, I wasn't aware of this until tonight but if you are a Studio One Pro 4 user, and check your account, you'll find this... below two green buttons. Which essentially means that you have additional licenses that allows you to use these plugins within other DAWs with no additional cost.
Thanks for the heads up :tu:

Problem is that the new fat channel does not show up after redeeming , only ampire
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:42 pm Problem is that the new fat channel does not shup after redeeming , only ampire
Did you download/install Presonus Hub and log in to your account? It should show up in there and you'll need to activate it.

hubba hubba.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Edit , this is the old empire
Eyeball exchanging

I got logged into my acount and found the correct page , have not installed the hub .

Is this necesary ?
The less bloat on p.c. , the better
What exactly is that hub , is it just an installer or ...?
Eyeball exchanging

Ahhh , ok the hub is to manage presonus plugins ..
Just noticed the plugin is vst 3 only ..too bad
Eyeball exchanging

Yeah, VST3 only is really disappointing.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”