[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

EnochLight wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:57 pm Ah, I see. So you're NOT using an actual 4K HiDPI display?
No, no need or real practical space for a big monitor, two 23.6 side by side monitors are enough for me which I can scale up to 1440P. Generally one monitor is enough for Studio One I find.

Super resolution scaling.
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/vsr
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

New videos have been added to page one, you might not have seen. :-)

Anyway, my initial thought in the practicality in using these new amps have diluted a bit having had a play with them. I think the GUI's and the way it has been implented in the elegant FAT Channel way, really makes them feel more part of Studio One, and because I didn't use them before nor like how it was presented previously, I didn't really feel it. They do sound somewhat different slightly, and do add a new dynamic to instruments which is hard to describe. More smoother and cleaner, rather than artifacty..

And oh, if you clack on the Presonus logo of Ampire, you can change the background behind the amps which are rather quite nice. Presentation wise, I do find that text on some of the amps rather small on some, but overall the graphic design aspect is very well done...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Thankk the Lord for Studio One updates, so that this thread can keep chugging along getting more bloated as Time Goes On.

Don't know what that means, but I'm currently having a hard time with this program ( Yeah, I'm a sub, sue me ) for my number one. It's so complex. How do you actually Make music!!!!!!!!!!

I do really think Presonus need to allow users to hide that new 'Shop' tab, vie the master system settings. It really shouldn't be taking priority of over the 'Pool' tab. When people use a DAW, they shouldn't be faced with any correlation to that of something as tacky like that, which serves no practical purpose in actual productivity in creating music. I've made the request on behalf of many others.. You can vote on it here...

https://answers.presonus.com/46616/vote ... rom-studio

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:19 am I do really think Presonus need to allow users to hide that new 'Shop' tab, vie the master system settings. It really shouldn't be taking priority of over the 'Pool' tab. When people use a DAW, they shouldn't be faced with any correlation to that of something as tacky like that, which serves no practical purpose in actual productivity in creating music. I've made the request on behalf of many others.. You can vote on it here...

https://answers.presonus.com/46616/vote ... rom-studio
Just click the instrumets or effects tab in the browser and just move the browser over and you won't see it.

One doesn't open the shop or cloud tabs in the browser unless the shop or cloud tabs are clicked on, so no waste of screen real estate, no affront to any rational sensibilities, and any perceived injustice cured with a touch of left mouse button self control.
Why even waste presonus' time with this nonsense?

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:05 pm
EnochLight wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:57 pm Ah, I see. So you're NOT using an actual 4K HiDPI display?
No, no need or real practical space for a big monitor
OK. So how do you know that Hi-DPI doesn't work on a proper 4K Hi-DPI display with Hi-DPI plugins if you've never tried it? Just curious.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

mholloway wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:22 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:10 pm Presonus made a mistake by not adding the tied note option in the drum pattern ( which can only be inserted in paino mode )
This is simply an incorrect assertion. Hold shift when drawing notes in the drum pattern editor, and you can draw in tied notes.
Yes , I stand corrected , it's possible with shift . :tu:
Otoh , in pattern piano mode If you want different re-trigger or velocity values for stacked notes ( chords for example ) , you need to go back to drum mode and select the individual note to assign it's unique retrigger value
Same goes for velocity .
I wish they could adress this
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

anyone able to load user impulses into Ampire? Clicking the user cab in the plugin does nothing.

danfi wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:03 pm anyone able to load user impulses into Ampire? Clicking the user cab in the plugin does nothing.
You should see
mic a
mic b
mic c
With a file loading dialogue
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:51 pm
danfi wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:03 pm anyone able to load user impulses into Ampire? Clicking the user cab in the plugin does nothing.
You should see
mic a
mic b
mic c
With a file loading dialogue
thanks! I couldnt find those as they were not visible in the default collapsed state of the plugin.

reggie1979 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:45 am Don't know what that means, but I'm currently having a hard time with this program ( Yeah, I'm a sub, sue me ) for my number one. It's so complex. How do you actually Make music!!!!!!!!!!
Really? I've always found it to be the easiest of the "traditional" DAWs. What are you comparing it too?
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

The Fat channel and Ampire are now available as vst/au plugins to use in other hosts
Eyeball exchanging

Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”