[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

trusampler wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:38 pm Hopefully they finally fixed the ability to drag n drop wave files from the browser to Akai Mpc software, requested for 5 years now. 😒
What do you mean by that? I can drag and drop wave files from the browser to every 3rd plug-in accepting wave files (e.g. Serato Sample, TAL-Sampler).
This could be an Akai issue then.

Nope it's been confirmed by both presonus and akai, that it's a presonus issue. It's only on windows that this problem exists, on Mac it works.
I can drag n drop wave files to Geist Machine etc, but again this is exclusive on windows n studio one.
It has nothing to do with admin being turned on rights either. Presonus devs n tech support, are well aware of it.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

trusampler wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:50 pm Nope it's been confirmed by both presonus and akai, that it's a presonus issue. It's only on windows that this problem exists, on Mac it works.
I see.

I actually dislike the way an official event is used for the propagation and speculation of unconfirmed leaks and rumour's about a product. If there's something to reveal, reveal to it to the rest of the world officially...not as a way to try and bait people into going to events they can't get to... it's like a carrot on a stick.

Presonus already had a complete public relations failure with the build up and expectations they generated with the 10 Year Anniversary Announcement some weeks back..

Funnily enough here's a quote from someone over on the Presonus forum I found... after expressing my thoughts above... Guess I'm not alone...

It said:-

DEC 04

Presonus StudioOne 4.6 Launch Party @ Redbull Studios London.
by Presonus
Now about the word Launch and as it is in London how about using the Cambridge Dictionary for a definition of the word.

Product launch
The process of introducing a new product for sale for the first time and attracting people's attention to it:
An important aspect of managing a product launch is tracking early sales.
a product launch plan/strategy

Now we have the Product and we have it Launched, the only thing that remains is where is it?

I cannot believe that you have a Launch Party without making the product you are launching available. Tell me if this is some new marketing plan invented by someone in the bowels of the Presonus marketing department. Perhaps with masachistic tendencies who likes to wet your beak and then let you die of thirst. Someone who likes to buy and show his children a multi coloured ice cream on an extremely hot day then when they see it and they lick their lips he lets it drop to the ground.

May I humbly suggest to Presonus that the next time they throw a Launch Party they give it zero publicity and offer zero invites or perhaps consider telling the World, invite everybody and make the product you are launching available.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

So no release today then? 😂
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ

trusampler wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:05 pm So no release today then? 😂
or any news at all :dog: ? They had a 6 hour event and theres not a single word out about what they debuted

It's another secret 🤬

In other news I broke 10,000 listens on Soundcloud for my music in the past week or so, much of which has been created with Studio One over the past 5 years. :-D
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Presonus is really a bit weird lately...

So, looks like 4.6 was nothing more than a typo then?!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:09 am So, looks like 4.6 was nothing more than a typo then?!
Or perhaps it was just a meeting that wasn't supposed to be publically announced and where they'll show the new features to the select few influential people, record their reactions & feedback and then reveal all of this at the release date?

I'd imagine big DAW companies do it all the time because obviously all this footage doesn't get shot ON the date of the release and we - the users - are simply not aware of those meetings until the new version is officially out.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Sure that 4.6 thing was weird.
Anyway, I was just checking if there's hardware instruments integration finally... doesn't seems like it.

Did the party attendees sign an NDA?
Signatures are so early 2000s.

As far as the invites look, it was open to anyone. strange there is no feedback from anyone (even saying they can't say anything or nothing happened!)

Maybe no one went!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Kongru wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:14 pm Did the party attendees sign an NDA?
No. They're all still recovering from getting shit-faced with all the booze they drank on the event :party: :phones:

Presonus found it's more efficient than NDA-s :wink:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”