[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

fedexnman wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 pm Look at the O P in the 1st page of this thread and the very first three words and there is your answer .....
That was already stated and in my post I acknowledge it by mockingly stating that I'll do the same in my next thread. Ignorance can often come back and bite you.

Eclectus wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:21 pm
fedexnman wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 pm Look at the O P in the 1st page of this thread and the very first three words and there is your answer .....
That was already stated and in my post I acknowledge it by mockingly stating that I'll do the same in my next thread. Ignorance can often come back and bite you.
:tu:

Something that completely flew under the radar which I didn't notice that had been updated was this.... I barely ever remember using it in any tracks that I have created over the years... but hay, there's always something new to discover, particularly with the rate of things being implemented in Studio One.

Click to enlarge

"Note Repeat has grown into a powerful recording and performance tool.

Fully remote-controllable from any MIDI controller, Note Repeat has been vastly improved. Note Repeat now has its own section in the Record Panel where you can activate/deactivate Note Repeat, select a repeat rate, and activate/deactivate Note Erase. Set the gate time for notes and use key or poly pressure to control note velocity. Quantize notes to the song grid (similar to Quantize in Impact XT); when Quantize is inactive, notes are triggered instantly from a key or pad. Use Key Remote mode to control all Note Repeat functions from a keyboard controller. These are just a few of the new Note Repeat features."
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

On the same theme, here's a look back to when release 4.0 was released... This video reminds me of the Amiga Format video's you use to see back in the 1990's on the disks like with Music X. The location of Future Publishing was Bath where these magazines were created... something about the accent this guy has and presentation style remind me of those old days.... but anyway, I've not seen this one before and I suspect many here haven't either... I like his mouse :o

https://youtu.be/wE17YkCJXM4
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

nevermind

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:02 pm Presonus Studio One 4.5.4 (Update) Released - 17-09-2019

The following issues have been fixed:
● [macOS ≥10.14] Some iLok™ protected plug-ins got blacklisted
● Potential crash when trying to copy & paste plug-ins inside the browser

/\ Personal Note: Don't use iLok based plugins with Studio One, you will regret it.
Maybe it's a Mac issue? Haven't had any issues with iLok in Studio One personally on Windows 10. I have about 20 iLok products on the dongle, including Ozone 8, MPX Native, some UVI stuff, Eventide, Metric Halo, Sonivox, AIR, Soundtoys etc. They're always recognized as activated and work fine as long as the dongle is plugged in...

Yes, no probs with iLok protected plugins here either.

Great thread! I'm currently considering an alternative/replacement for Logic Pro X.

Is it still not possible to slave S1 to an external sequencer?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:11 am
Doc Brown wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:21 am How well does SO integrate with hardware synths and effects?
External effects? Very well. External synths? Very basic. You can basically create a MIDI track and send basic MIDI data back and forth. No external instrument plugins with latency compensation or device panels or transmitting/saving presets like you can in Cubase.
How are folks compensating for the inherent delay of MIDI to/from external synths/sequencers?

I don't use external effects, but I do sequence parts on an MPC Live. Hopefully S1 is friendly.
The groove baby, the groove...

BezO wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:55 pm Great thread! I'm currently considering an alternative/replacement for Logic Pro X.

Is it still not possible to slave S1 to an external sequencer?
I don't ever remember it being an included feature in the past four + years I've been with it...since starting with 2.6.
How are folks compensating for the inherent delay of MIDI to/from external synths/sequencers?

I don't use external effects, but I do sequence parts on an MPC Live. Hopefully S1 is friendly.
Studio One has built in delay compensation to deal with that so everything is in sync. Using Pipeline that you can find vie the Effects tab is a convenient way to use external / midi audio hardware.

Don't use a MPC Live.. so can't say.

With Presonus providing a snatch and grab before it becomes an expired offer on the 29th Sept, I found an in depth overview comparison from a relatively unknown youtuber who covers a wide selection of them. The Tube P1B Compressor comparative overview begins from 21.00... that's the one you need to grab if you didn't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-WCPVUNmxY

Cool vid. It's interesting to me looking at his computer screen (given the genre) which kind of implies that he may regularly commit his tracks to audio instead of running 40 VI's into perpetuity. If so, I'd imagine things are probably working out pretty well for him production wise.

Feels like an eternity since the last update... perhaps it's lack the lack of anything that was last added. What's 4.5.5 gonna bring I don't know, but I guess it will drop in a few weeks. As per the other thread, I've added the recent video tutorials to page one of the thread just above the promo vids, which are interestingly very useful even for long time users of Studio One and even that of other DAWs in general..with shout-outs to Cubase and Ableton...which raised an eyebrow or two... Calculating the sample measures and subtracting to get the live recording distance between input and output of audio and midi to be spot on, in the Advanced Tab of the preferences.

Nothing very exciting from presonus in the late years,at least for me, but i have big hopes that in version 5 or 6 they will fix this problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2p_hlH6eVI

Is there a way to link say 3 separate instances of Spire's mod wheel to a single wheel without midi controller ?

Would be nice if Spire had assignable knobs to control via mouse for when you're too lazy to reach for a controller

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”