[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

dogzilla wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:01 pm Just a small request about this thread. Could the title be simplified so that it doesn't list every single minor version released? It's starting to look a little messy to be honest.
Yeah, I was kinda thinking that I would run out of character space as well at some point so I'd have to change it in any case. I'll use my first post as a release cycle sub heading instead for reference. I've truncated it so it's more clear and less winded for knowing what the latest version is.
____
On a separate subject: gentleclockdivider that has just posted above was warned about a week or so ago to stay out of my threads by moderator Hink.
____
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:57 pm... I've truncated it so it's more clear and less winded for knowing what the latest version is.
The DD-MM-YYYY date format can be confusing to folks (like me) who reside in the States, as we are accustomed to seeing dates in the format of MM-DD-YYYY. I suggested showing the date via the ISO standard YYYY-MM-DD format as a compromise. :wink:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:09 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:57 pm... I've truncated it so it's more clear and less winded for knowing what the latest version is.
The DD-MM-YYYY date format can be confusing to folks (like me) who reside in the States, as we are accustomed to seeing dates in the format of MM-DD-YYYY. I suggested showing the date via the ISO standard YYYY-MM-DD format as a compromise. :wink:
I was considering Chinese numbering given that there are 1,433,783,686 people there who will be able to read that, but I'll guess I'll have to stick to old fashioned English numbering instead.. :D

That's how it looks without the dashes.
一千一百零七万二千零一十九
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Update notes for release 4.5.3 of Studio One added to page one.

_____

A lot of things I didn't notice or encounter.... bug wise in my use of Studio One 4.5.2

NKS Support....finally ? It doesn't say this specifically... but is this what people have been voting for since the day dot ?
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I hear Aliens.... :D..but anyway, what's Studio One users view on this update ?..

Haha I just noticed, we're at 37K with view counts now.... Updates typically land near the end December... looks like it's gonna be the latter end of November, early December for the next one. I really didn't expect an update to 4.3 for a few weeks yet..

If I was ever so slightly vane, I'd be on youtube with my face on cam like thousands of other youtubers with thousands or millions of subscribers like 'Linus'... but it doesn't mean everyone is a fan of his.... The closest that anyone has seen of my anatomy video wise is my finger floating into an LCD laptop screen and that's in 19 years of having internet access lol.

Being exuberant, having fun and sharing what I do is all part in the point in why I create threads in the first place and that's why my threads are generally popular by comparison to other users, it's all relative.

I predict this thread will reach 40K by 31st December, will it / won't it, I'm really not too bothered either way, but it will be a goal in which this community can try and reach... It's a thread for the community to make the most of, and learn something from and it's all in one place.

Seems like a pretty minor update.

"Volume automation curve now compensates logarithmic fader curve" is nice, although I was just using a different plugin on the channel to do volume automation in order to avoid this. Probably wont change how I do this regardless.

"First notes missing on bounce in certain cases" actually something I've ran into in the past so nice to see that getting fixed.

All of the release notes in the first post seem a bit redundant and/or unnecessary. It's always there on the web like with every other company.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... 0007401012

"Support for Native Instruments’ Komplete Kontrol MkII series keyboards"

A very welcome update for anyone who owns one of those keyboards.

Yeah, wrote that too, in that other thread which was never heard of again...

dellboy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:32 pm "Support for Native Instruments’ Komplete Kontrol MkII series keyboards"

A very welcome update for anyone who owns one of those keyboards.
It's certainly gonna make these peeps happy that have or may be considering getting one... although with recent news of NI's staffing situation, it does give way to some uncertainty and whether existing
GUI of their instruments other than Massive X are gonna allow for new re-scaled versions in the future.. still for that do have these keyboards it's a nice gift if compatibility is seamless and without issues on the Presonus side.

Nice keyboards though... might get one in the future if I can get one cheap...

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... l-s49-s61/

rageix wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:09 pm Seems like a pretty minor update.

"Volume automation curve now compensates logarithmic fader curve" is nice, although I was just using a different plugin on the channel to do volume automation in order to avoid this. Probably wont change how I do this regardless.

"First notes missing on bounce in certain cases" actually something I've ran into in the past so nice to see that getting fixed.
The volume / fader thing is probably something I wouldn't have noticed even it was changed and not mentioned I think. I don't think the notes are very clear in explaining what benefits this are though... I think most people just set the end point in which they expect volume to fade up and down to that of the points / lines they make and don't even think of any reference to logarithmic fader curves.

Missing notes on bounce seems to be a recurring issue with Studio One over the years, often requiring the pull back of the note range area to try and rectify it.

I like the new feature of being able save your instrument / drum patterns to the browser, which will make it easier to recall them for use in other songs you create, this will speed up the workflow creation aspect. As it's a pattern.musicloop, it also saves the VST instrument and it's patch as one, so no need to go and find the VST instrument you created as before, what's really cool is that this works for multi-instruments as well. In essence it's like Reason's combinator in a way, where the track and the instruments are fused together with patterns clips on the sequence arrangement which is really cool. In the browser you can rename it to something more descriptive. You could even go beyond that and share this pattern.musicloop with a friend and have all these tracks and instruments setup providing they had the same VST instruments. And I forgot to mention that you can audition the patterns and hear the VST instruments you played them just like any other sample.

I think Presonus have the potential to really step up the pattern side of things with being able to just click on the pattern clip on the arrangement and have it autoplay it and perhaps in addition to have it loop in sequence to others you click on to generate ideas on the fly. Perhaps selecting them in a numbered record like sequence and have a separate arrangement track for those patterns you've selected.

Still hoping to see some surround sound features, but maybe I'll have to wait till version 5.0 next year.

The new delete note aspect is interesting...(double clicking) If you delete the end section of the note, it deletes a portion and leaves the initial start of the clip intact to you can I imagine be able to re-lengthen them from a start point again. If you double click from the far left of the note it removes the note entirely.

I think the volume fader thing was in response to this:
https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/music/ ... 451-borked

It's a bit sensationalist. Clearly, people have been able to use Studio One to produce and mix awesome music for the past 10 years in spite of this horrifying monstrosity of a bug.... Still, it's cool that PreSonus listen to user feedback, even though it seems those who yell the loudest get priority treatment.
It wasn't even really a bug. The faders in Studio One are logarithmic. The automation curve showed the (linear) automation of the actual fader, not the resulting audio volume.

The OP is a complete mess. Why list all those old changelogs anyway?

AdvancedFollower wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:06 am I think the volume fader thing was in response to this:
https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/music/ ... 451-borked

It's a bit sensationalist. Clearly, people have been able to use Studio One to produce and mix awesome music for the past 10 years in spite of this horrifying monstrosity of a bug.... Still, it's cool that PreSonus listen to user feedback, even though it seems those who yell the loudest get priority treatment.
It wasn't even really a bug. The faders in Studio One are logarithmic. The automation curve showed the (linear) automation of the actual fader, not the resulting audio volume.
Yeah, that's probably the source of reference in why it was modified in this update, but honestly I completely disagree with him, mixing with your eyes rather than relying on your ears primarily, really is bad practice in any case I'd argue...that actually sounds like a separate topic even though it's pretty obvious what the right approach is in any case for any producer of music these days or should be. When I listen back to a mix, take my off my screen or close my eyes as I listen that way I can properly anaylize what I'm listening to based on sound. There's often so many other variables like VST instrument sound levels ect to deal with besides audio tracks during a track production.

Another on that list is improvements to side-chaining with VST instruments, again completely non descriptive in what any of that means. I remember complaining about the lack of clarity and information detail on the Studio One forum about the release notes provided in updates a few years back. I mean if your gonna have release notes and go to the effort of typing out words, you can at least make it clear rather than completely ambiguous...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”