[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6bVE_eNddI

Pretty interesting, I actually pay attention to the side bar of links when you start S1, usually has some good tips/tricks, I never really explored this but I'm certainly going to start using this feature

Is there a way to always have a default set of inserts automatically be placed on any new track that is created ? Like an always on preset, just to save me clicks ?

Digivolt wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:48 pm Is there a way to always have a default set of inserts automatically be placed on any new track that is created ? Like an always on preset, just to save me clicks ?
The only way I know is with macros:

- save your wished and setup plugins as a FX Chain...
- create a new macro
- for audio tracks insert the commands:
+ Track|Add Audio Track (stereo)
+ Track|Add Insert to Selected Channels
Doubleclick on the latter one and choose in the popup window: "FX Chain" and from the popup menu choose your before saved FX Chain preset...
Make a macro button or assign key command to this...
Works quite well...

For new Instruments though I didn´t found a way to have the newly created mixer track automatically so no way for my macro workaround...
Perhaps somebody can make a script for that...

What Trancit said. Make a "Channel Strip" FX Chain preset and when you want a new audio track with those plugins, drag it in.

Works the same for Instruments with a Instrument + FX (*.instrument) preset.

Ahh okay, Macro seems like a good idea, I'm just starting to get into that world after making my own transform macro, very useful time saver

The way I was hoping though was like now, the "default" for new tracks is always zero inserts, I was hoping there was a way to alter that default so I could have my VU meter and Pro Q3 as the new default, I already do the preset method I was just hoping there was an even more efficient method of having them always on any channel that is added

There is a default FX Chain that you can set up but there doesn't seem to be a way to make S1 apply that default automatically when a new channel is created. But its only two clicks: the down arrow next to Inserts and then from the pop-up menu click 'default' to load it in.
FX Chain default.png
(To define your default simply set up a channel with the inserts you want and from the insert popup menu choose "Replace FX Chain default". This will save your current channel's FX Chain into default.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Digivolt wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:23 pmThe way I was hoping though was like now, the "default" for new tracks is always zero inserts, I was hoping there was a way to alter that default so I could have my VU meter and Pro Q3 as the new default, I already do the preset method I was just hoping there was an even more efficient method of having them always on any channel that is added
There is, just don't use the Add Track menu or dialog, drag in a preset already setup the way you want. Or like Trancit said (for audio tracks) make a macro and hit a hotkey.

If you always want plugins A, B and C on Omnisphere, load Omnisphere and add A, B, and C plugins to it and export a Instrument + FX preset. Whenever you want to use Omnisphere, drag in that preset.

There's 3-4 different ways to create a new track so use the method that best suits what you want.

Thanks for the info, is there a command to mute only pre or post inserts (ideally looking for post option) ?

"Activate All" in the channel editor post section. Link it to a controller button or something.

aa.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LawrenceF wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:12 am "Activate All" in the channel editor post section. Link it to a controller button or something.
Sorry I should have said for macro

"Devices|Activate All Inserts" does every insert

Is there a similar command for just post/pre or is the command above the only function available for macro ?

Whenever Props reveal some news, Presonus tend to upstage them shortly after I've noticed. September will be interesting... still I didn't ever expect to see Propellerheads promoting Studio One simultaneously :-D ..

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

They promote everyone now with Reason 11. :D

from cdm article
-quote-
You can route audio input into effects, sidechains, splitters, etc.
There’s no sampling support in Reason Rack Plugin, only in Reason itself.
Reason Rack Plugin receives both host automation and one channel of MIDI input
Yes, you can have multiple instances of Reason Rack Plugin. (That means if you want different channels controlling different instruments, you’ll just add more instances in the host.)
There’s no MIDI output from MIDI generating devices like the Matrix and MIDI effects in this version. (You can still use those to automate internal Reason instruments and effects, though, inside Reason Rack Plugin).

-unquote-

So , multiple instances need to be loaded if you want to control +1 instruments
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Just a small request about this thread. Could the title be simplified so that it doesn't list every single minor version released? It's starting to look a little messy to be honest.

dogzilla wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:01 pm Just a small request about this thread. Could the title be simplified so that it doesn't list every single minor version released? It's starting to look a little messy to be honest.
+1

Perhaps a thread title along the lines of the following:
TPR [Studio One 4.0.x | 4.1.x | 4.5.x : 20190711]
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”