[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

It seems that only abl3 behaves poor in renoise , al the other plugins are on par
Weird
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:43 pm Has studio one become more cpu efficient ?
I say ..yes
They did some optimizing for version 4, i think. There also was something in the changelog for 4.5, but, i think that only accounts for multi instruments in Studio One, and, for the included devices.

The funny thing is , I can run 25 instances of abl 3 in studio one and only 8 in renoise .
all the other plugins are more or less the same ./
Eyeball exchanging

I feel the need to correct this
The number of abl3 instances is the same in both renoise and studio one
I just forgot to turn on multiple cpu support for abl3 in renoise
Eyeball exchanging

NI just updated their komplete kontrol keyboards by adding MCU support. Has anyone tried it with studio one to see if the controls and other features of komplete kontrol keyboards work now?

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:34 am I feel the need to correct this
The number of abl3 instances is the same in both renoise and studio one
I just forgot to turn on multiple cpu support for abl3 in renoise
Yeah... would have surprised me if there was such a difference. :)

Awesome deal for anyone looking to pick up Studio One Pro.

Studio One 4 Pro Crossgrade available at JRR ($199), use code GROUP to bring it to ($167.16).

Offer is though July 5th.

Qualifying DAWs include:

Cubase 5 or higher
Pro Tools 9 or higher
Nuendo 5 or higher
Logic 9, X
Sonar X2 or higher
Live 9 or higher
Digital Performer 7 or higher
Acid Pro 6 or higher
Reason 6 or higher
Reaper 4 or higher
Samplitude 9 or higher
Mixcraft Pro 6 or higher
FL Studio 11 or higher
Bitwig Studio 2 or higher
Tracktion T7 or higher
Notion 6. Please Click HERE to crossgrade from Notion 6

**Free/Lite/Trial versions of the above DAWs do NOT qualify. It must be a purchased or equivalent version.

***The crossgrade discount may not be combined with other standard PreSonus discounts such as upgrades or similar offers.

https://shop.presonus.com/Studio-One-4-Crossgrade

I've been pretty busy in the past month so my post count here has pretty much frozen as some might have noticed, but here's a bit of an exclusive video from SonicState regarding Studio One 4.5, posted in the past few days, that you might not have seen yet...it's far more than the 5 minute previews they have done previously with being almost 30 minutes in length :-) (For reference I've not watched it yet).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYhciwVhToM
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I saw in the news column Presonus is hiring coders for the Hamburg dev team.
Looks like things running well.

If it helps to investigate and bump a tad the overall performance
I`d be glad to return to S1 workflow.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

I see a lot of my reported bugs have been fixed
Kudos to the presonus hamburg team :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

Updated page one with release notes for Studio One 4.5.2.
Crikey it's pretty long... :-D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Maybe I'm being dumb here or I like things far too simple but... is it impossible for 2 audio tracks to share the same channel unless you route their individual outputs to a bus ?

I've got 2 cuts from the same sample, ideally (for me at least) they would share the same single track to have identical fx (yes I know this can be done with route to bus), but the 2 cuts actually take up 2 tracks and I can't figure out how to have them on the same track outside of a bus it seems like a waste of real estate and redudancy on the mixer to not be able to say X thing & Y thing should use track Z instead of X thing uses track X and Y thing uses track Y, then route to track Z. Maybe I'm weird in my house keeping or workflow but it seems logical ?

Digivolt wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:27 pm Maybe I'm being dumb here or I like things far too simple but... is it impossible for 2 audio tracks to share the same channel unless you route their individual outputs to a bus ?

I've got 2 cuts from the same sample, ideally (for me at least) they would share the same single track to have identical fx (yes I know this can be done with route to bus), but the 2 cuts actually take up 2 tracks and I can't figure out how to have them on the same track outside of a bus it seems like a waste of real estate and redundancy on the mixer to not be able to say X thing & Y thing should use track Z instead of X thing uses track X and Y thing uses track Y, then route to track Z. Maybe I'm weird in my house keeping or workflow but it seems logical ?
If you have two audio clips on the arrangement, you could use Impact XT, and process any FX through a single channel (Just drag and drop from the arrangement onto a pad, no need to export). This way you only have one channel being used instead of two and you open the door to more creative editing in the process.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:59 pm
Digivolt wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:27 pm Maybe I'm being dumb here or I like things far too simple but... is it impossible for 2 audio tracks to share the same channel unless you route their individual outputs to a bus ?

I've got 2 cuts from the same sample, ideally (for me at least) they would share the same single track to have identical fx (yes I know this can be done with route to bus), but the 2 cuts actually take up 2 tracks and I can't figure out how to have them on the same track outside of a bus it seems like a waste of real estate and redudancy on the mixer to not be able to say X thing & Y thing should use track Z instead of X thing uses track X and Y thing uses track Y, then route to track Z. Maybe I'm weird in my house keeping or workflow but it seems logical ?
If you have two audio clips on the arrangement, you could use Impact XT, and process any FX through a single channel. This way you only have one channel being used instead of two and you open teh door to more creative editing in the process.
They're pretty long audio stems for a remix I'm working on, otherwise I would use Impact.
I can keep them on the same channel if I have them in the same row on the sequencing window, but for logic/sanity I would ideally like the separate cuts on different rows but as soon as I move one of the samples down, S1 treats this as creating a new track so routed to entirely new track on mixer, I was kind of hoping there was a way to separate cuts on different rows while retaining the same track :help:

Is what I'm trying to do in case I've explained it wrong

I can work around it but I was just wondering if there is an option to do what I'd prefer over work arounds

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”