Orb Composer - Generative music app

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orb Composer Artist S Orb Composer Pro S

ok so i have one question - is it only major and minor chords? No minor 7ths? 9ths? if not thats pretty much useless for electronic (or other) music.
Sounds like the pro version is awesome and the other one is a hundred dollar demo. Nice

DavidCarlyon wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:23 pm ok so i have one question - is it only major and minor chords? No minor 7ths? 9ths? if not thats pretty much useless for electronic (or other) music.
Sounds like the pro version is awesome and the other one is a hundred dollar demo. Nice
Same thoughts. :shrug: This is very strange feature selection. For now I see no point in purchasing artist version.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I can only repeat: write to them exactly that like I did. I have now the pro version but felt and feel exactly the same like you did and told them. They are nice and responsable guys but they really come (compared to my :hihi: ) from another universe, the orchestral universe. So I am sure they did not even thought about it a lot before setting these borders (like with the prize which has now been adapted to reality :-). They changed policies in prizes and resale (pluginboutique !) I am sure if enough people tell them they will adjust the artist limitations.

Yeah i will write to them. it seems silly. Anyway sale ends in a few days and i dont think it will be changed by then. So it looks like a no go for me. I have been putting it off, but it looks like i will end up getting captain chords. Already have waveform and love using that. But i have a second new love in my life - bitwig. And i really want something that will work with that.
All change for me. Ableton and studio one to waveform and bitwig! woo exciting.
Really wanted this to work with it, but i need 7th and 9th chords minimum.
Captain chords looks pretty good to me (basically same as the waveform pattern generator)

I chose Waveform for similar (or better) chordal/melodic/bass functionality instead of Captain due to the mandatory internet yoke you need in order to communicate/interact with Captain.

yeah, that does indeed suck,. Maybe ill jus write stuff in waveform and produce it in bitwig
Cheers!

Just one little argument on this cause I was/still am on the same road/trip (waveform pattern generator, captain plugins.....). What REALLY distinguishes orb composer from these tools is that - for me - it is so far the ONLY tool that really gives me the ability to write a whole song in this composer with only small and mainly sound adjustment in the daw. The one tool that needs to be mentioned here is of course Rapid composer but the bottleneck for me with this is - even if I really love it and following the devellopment for years now - I am just to dumb to understand it enough to do what I can (only) do in Orb composer easily.

David: I wont look on the actual sale to much, after what has happened with prizes and marketing strategy I am sure this will not be the end of the sales, I am sure that no later then black friday comparable things will happen (or maybe with next update, who knows).

Will there probably be a Black Friday sale on upgrade from Artist to Composer? Or does Hexachord not do BF?

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:52 pm Will there probably be a Black Friday sale on upgrade from Artist to Composer? Or does Hexachord not do BF?
Their product has not even been available for a year, so no one would know.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Newer companies/products like Audiaire Zone and Hexachords Orb Composer most likely will come down following suit with more established vendors' sales/marketing practices.
Else, they won't survive very long on just a few sales.

Hello guys,

We are happy to announce the release of Orb Composer S :)
It is a huge upgrade : (free for OC owners)

https://youtu.be/jLi6ECczuyw

And also the blackfriday sales has started ! More than 50% off ;)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask !
Music AI for composers
https://www.orb-composer.com

Okay, I'm a happy owner of this software at last!

BTW, you may want to add it to KVR product database.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

tatanka wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:46 pm The one tool that needs to be mentioned here is of course Rapid composer but the bottleneck for me with this is - even if I really love it and following the devellopment for years now - I am just to dumb to understand it enough to do what I can (only) do in Orb composer easily.
I've been demo'ing Rapidcomposer and while I know music theory, the combination of a horrible UI and so much depth in the program has me a little lost using it for the few hours I've tried

It seems Orb Composer with it's nice UI sort of holds your hand and is more intuitive to composing but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the better tool

The question I'd like the answer for is, does Orb Composer have as much depth and flexibility as Rapidcomposer, if RC is the more rounded total package then I don't mind taking the time to learn it, but if they're pretty much equal in scope then I'd rather go with Orb because it looks more user friendly

DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:10 am Okay, I'm a happy owner of this software at last!

BTW, you may want to add it to KVR product database.
Thanks, will add it ;)
Did you have the chance to try the new S version yet? ;)
Music AI for composers
https://www.orb-composer.com

This is a great upgrade, I think I wasn't going to it just because of the midi routing to a DAW. I just set it up and thought Oh yes, now I'm gonna work with this.
Ilk

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”