Orb Composer - Generative music app

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orb Composer Artist S Orb Composer Pro S

Musical Gym wrote:Thanks, I tried to contact them but didn't find an email and I couldn't pass the robot test for their contact form. I might take a look at it.
PM sent

Have you read their terms of sale? Someone needs an editor. What are meadow techniques they mention?

Can you transfer the license of Orb Composer?

I just picked up Orb Composer Artist from Plugin Boutique for $89. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to activate with the serial number provided by Plugin Boutique. I have submitted support tickers to both Plugin Boutique and Hexachords. Hopefully, one of them will be able to get the activation issue sorted out for me; I would hate to think I simply pissed away that $89 (+ currency exchange fees). :dog:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:I just picked up Orb Composer Artist from Plugin Boutique for $89. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to activate with the serial number provided by Plugin Boutique. I have submitted support tickers to both Plugin Boutique and Hexachords. Hopefully, one of them will be able to get the activation issue sorted out for me; I would hate to think I simply pissed away that $89 (+ currency exchange fees). :dog:
I read on one of the other boards that someone else had the same problem. From that other post, Hexachords did fix the problem quickly, so good for them. But even though I’m also interested in the deal, I think I’ll at least wait a few days so they can get this licensing situation sorted out.

SirkusPi wrote:
tonedef71 wrote:I just picked up Orb Composer Artist from Plugin Boutique for $89. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to activate with the serial number provided by Plugin Boutique. I have submitted support tickers to both Plugin Boutique and Hexachords. Hopefully, one of them will be able to get the activation issue sorted out for me; I would hate to think I simply pissed away that $89 (+ currency exchange fees). :dog:
I read on one of the other boards that someone else had the same problem. From that other post, Hexachords did fix the problem quickly, so good for them. But even though I’m also interested in the deal, I think I’ll at least wait a few days so they can get this licensing situation sorted out.
Thank you for sharing. I will post back to let everyone know how my activation situation worked out.
EDIT: By the way, on what other board did you see the discussion about the activation issues.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:I will post back to let everyone know how my activation situation worked out.
I have yet to hear back from Plugin Boutique or Hexachords, but I did try to activate the software again tonight, and this time it worked! I am thinking the issue was on the server side; the folks at Hexachords must have fixed something on their end. :tu:

Hi Tatanka, are you using Artist or Pro?
Do you think the chord limitations of Artist can be remedied in DAW fairly easily?
Jim

Hi Musical Gym,

I started with Artist then in prize-changing-confusion updated to the PRO-Version.

While I had the Artist version I wrote to Hexachord that in my opinion the chord limitations are just to heavy in Artist, I mean its no free demo but should be useable. I dont know if anything has changed from first version cause I only use Pro now and of course it depends on what kind of music you want to make (so what chords you need). But if its more then the Major and Minor chords the restrictions are just to heavy in my opinion. I had the suggestion to more differenciate between "normal" and "orchester" version but not on such fundamental functions.

The strenght for me in Orb Composer lies just in the case that you can (nearly) finish a whole song in it and dont need to do much in your daw. Otherwise there are so many other tools (included the daw midi pattern/chordtrack capacities of the daw, for example in my daw thery are very strong with the midi pattern generator and the chordtrack now). And for that you will need the Pro Version.

Thanks Tatanka, I appreciate the input. Yes, the chord limitations in Artist are exceedingly stingy.
I upgraded to Waveform 9 mostly for the chordal, etc. functionality that I was seeing in Captain Plugins, but without the restrictive/mandatory internet requirement for usability.
I guess it might get old using Artist and having to replace the chords in the DAW, but I don't want to go higher than the $89 price at pluginboutique.

I think it might not hurt if you tell Hexachord like I did before :-). Seems they are still in finding right prizes/marketing/resllers, so maybe they will rethink their strategy in case of Artist restrictions.

I was absolutely on the same way (waveform, Captain plugins, Re-Compose etc.) and can now say I really have found with the Pro-Version what I need even if there is lots of stuff in it (all the orchestral things) I dont really need.

Thanks Tatanka, I appreciate your input.

Always liked generative stuff like Arguru's Saiko.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu7M6RPzVKM

That sounds very interesting, I must admit I never heard about that one. Do you have any working download link ? Cnet dont seem to work for me, dont know why.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”