Orb Composer - Generative music app

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orb Composer Artist S Orb Composer Pro S

Why do you ask?

Trying to ascertain if the company is viable.

nak21 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:23 pm Trying to ascertain if the company is viable.
$2.5 million revenue for 4 employees... what, are you afraid that just because this is their first product they may go out of business and stop doing updates and bug fixes? Seems like they should be fine for the near future....

https://www.owler.com/company/hexachords

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:48 pm
...and stop doing updates and bug fixes?

updates and bug fixes - unsatisfactory to say the least

two and a half million generated from orb composer sales?!?

$2.5M is only an estimation and does not have to be even close. But based on if a license would cost $349, it would be just above 7000 licenses, which isn't impossible. Anyway, take $2.5M with a grain of salt.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Hi,

Is Orb Composer S still super buggy? It has been on sale FOR 50% OFF for almost 2 weeks AND THE SALE ENDS IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

I want to buy it, but not if it still crashes a lot. I am on a Mac.

Thanks,
Fred

My first track made with Orb Composer has been out for some time, now I wrote a blog about it:

https://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/2019/ ... of-hubris/

Also, you can hear full composition on Spotify.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Can anyone shed some light....

Most of these tools do standard chord rhythms .. i.e. one chord per bar.

Does ORB do anything more interesting? Like, for example, imagine the opening chords to Toto's 'Africa' - is this the kind of thing ORB could do?

pdpd wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:45 am Can anyone shed some light....

Most of these tools do standard chord rhythms .. i.e. one chord per bar.

Does ORB do anything more interesting? Like, for example, imagine the opening chords to Toto's 'Africa' - is this the kind of thing ORB could do?
For chords assignment, you can "split" a bar of 4/4 into 2 beat or (splitting again) 1 beat parts. (Right-click on the chord and choose "split".)

angelonyc wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:41 pm I've been playing with Orb Composer using Logic.
The Piano template works fine.
But the other templates, don't create an instrument slot, they create an audio buss.
As far as I know, there is no way to create an instrument on a buss.

Reading someone's other post, I can't get Logic to sync to Orb Composer, It will get the midi notes, But the other templates don't generate sound (except on the chord track in Logic), because they are not instruments.

A moderate amount of random crashes. This program looks very promising for some of my purposes.
Any Logic Pro X users here using Orb Composer? Can you post your observations, what's working and not working?

Seeing as this is completely different from a DAW, I'm in the dark, as to what's working/not working OR what is my NOT KNOWING how to use it. I'm reading manuals, looking at videos etc,

Any comments from Logic Users would be helpful. I don't want to keep bugging Orb-Composer, because I assume like other companies making esoteric software, they don't have a large work force. But I have to be sure, this will work for me.
Any news from Logic Pro X users?

Is it possible to get Orb Composer working with Logic Pro X ?

Does someone as manage to make a working DAW template for Logic Pro X ?
(Hexachords doesn't provides a working one).

Any comments would be helpful.
Thank you in advance.
Protools 9, Logic Pro X, Studio One 4.5, Orb Composer, Kontakt 6.2.2, Mac Pro, OSX 10.12, 64Gb RAM.

nak21 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:51 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:48 pm
...and stop doing updates and bug fixes?

updates and bug fixes - unsatisfactory to say the least
You are right.

Orb Composer disappeared from their website Orb-Composer.com.
Studio One 6, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 4

They say it's coming back, but I'm not sure if I believe it.

Maybe it will. But in the meantime there are other apps that can be used in place of it. But the idea was really cool and I was looking forward to it.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

I adore the concept
And waiting till its on sale or I have more money

Orb Composer is long dead now, but I made a video about Orb Producer Suite instead and it got quite popular:

https://youtu.be/FaCk_YU1Q8M
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”